The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Any suggestions on scrying? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ELS
View Profile
Regular user
Chicagoland area, IL
191 Posts

Profile of ELS
Hello viewers,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on books for scrying? Not for the lay person, as I know there are many.

Also any suggestions on palm reading, again not for the lay person. I'm working on tarot readings now, and have done a little palm reading already with 'Amazing' results (sitters view).

Or would you suggest just take what one knows in our field of interest and use it with the what I mentioned?

Thank you in advance
Ed Smile
http://theunexplainedworld.com

P.S.

I do own a black mirror.

Ed Smile
Were the border between the natural and the supernatural will be nothing any more but fuzzy. http://edwardshanahan.com
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Max Maven's Book of Fortunetelling should be in the collection of every bizarrist. It has an encyclopedic scope in its overview of divination methods, with a depth one may not expect in a mass-market publication. It's out of print, but every once in a while you can find a copy through magicbookshop.com, addall.com, ebay.com, or half.com

If you want to browse before you buy, I'll be happy to bring mine to the next Assembly #3 meeting, Ed.

Talk to you soon,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
I do not know of any "insiders" books on scrying although you will find that as far as the "symbols and shapes" that you will see are very similar to those of tea leaf readings. Find a system that sits well with you and use those for scrying and you should find decent accuracy as long as you stay true to that system.

As for palm reading, "Basic Palm reading for magicians" by Bill Perron is an excellent video (do not let the "for magicians" fool you, as this is an informative, easy to follow, easy to understand teach in for palm reading). Stevens Magic carries it and I highly recommend it.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Ab Stagecraft
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
ELS,
You might try Ghost Glass II, from Stevens Magic.
It is a liquid that you write a message on glass with; when it dries, it is invisible until the glass is breathed on (condensation) and the writing appears.
It's based on an old Sid Lorraine idea.
Very effective.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
I don't own this (yet), but I understand that Al Mann wrote an "insider" booklet on scrying aka crystal-gazing entitled "The Heralds." It pops up at magicbookshop.com and ebay from time to time.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
ELS
View Profile
Regular user
Chicagoland area, IL
191 Posts

Profile of ELS
Quote:
On 2003-05-18 07:13, Necromancer wrote:
Max Maven's Book of Fortunetelling should be in the collection of every bizarrist. It has an encyclopedic scope in its overview of divination methods, with a depth one may not expect in a mass-market publication. It's out of print, but every once in a while you can find a copy through magicbookshop.com, addall.com, ebay.com, or half.com

If you want to browse before you buy, I'll be happy to bring mine to the next Assembly #3 meeting, Ed.

Talk to you soon,
Neil

Hi Neil,
I just ordered the Max Maven book you mentioned, I found it used for $4 on line.

Ed Smile
Were the border between the natural and the supernatural will be nothing any more but fuzzy. http://edwardshanahan.com
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Excellent! (I think it's going for $25 or so in most places, although I got mine on ebay for $10.)
Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
Could some one please tell me what scrying is. PM me. Thanks. Smile
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Scrying is the ancient act of divination for the purpose of clairvoyance. It's usually achieved by concentrating on or staring at an object having a shiny surface until a vision appears. Magicians and witches have practiced scrying throughout the ages. The typical stereotype of a person scrying is a Gypsy fortune teller looking into her crystal ball.

Smile
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
Thought this might be of use to someone who would like to use it as a prop.

How to Make a Black Scrying Mirror for less than $5.00.

1. Find yourself an old wooden or metal picture frame. Make sure that the frame is a dark color, as shiny frames tend to reflect in the finished mirror. An oval or even better a round frame of about 12" in diameter is good. Don't get one too big; you will want to carry it around sooner or later. With very little effort these can be found for a couple of dollars at any second hand store, antique shop, or Goodwill Store. Flea markets, garage sales, and swap meets are a gold mine for these frames and I have bought beautiful ones for as little as 25 cents. Don't bother if the frame is a little beat up; you can always paint or refinish it, but be sure the glass is unscratched and clear. For a dollar or two glass can be replaced. You can also buy a round piece of glass and lead trim from a stained glass supply house and make some beautiful gifts from these. You can even have them trimmed them in stained glass. Total cost? About $20.00.

2. Buy a can of high gloss spray enamel paint. Read the label and make sure it is good for glass. Some paints are not. This can be found at any hobby shop, or hardware store.

3. Remove the glass and clean it well with a good glass cleaner. Let it dry for several hours.

4. Place the clean glass on a large piece of newspaper, being careful to handle it by the edges so as not to get finger oil on the surface. Spray paint the glass using quick even light passes back and forth until the glass is covered completely. WARNING! Do not allow the paint to run! If you do the painting outdoors, be sure it is a sunny windless day. You do not want the paper or other debris to blow onto the wet paint and it takes several hours to dry so as to be handled.

5. Apply a second coat if necessary, but for the best effect it is best to do this in one coat. The mirror effect will be flawless that way.

6. Place the glass back into the finished frame and you have your Black Scrying Mirror. This is every bit as good as any you can find for sale.

For those that wish to add an additional prop, which will add that nice special scent, this of course could be made up while the client is sitting there, and you could tell them what each item does:

An herb jar to enhance your powers physically and mentally. Fill one jar with the following:

Cinnamon [for dream magick]
Nutmeg [for good luck]
Allspice [healing]
Ginger [lunar magick]
Basil [protection]
Fennel seeds [spiritual healing]
Garlic [spiritual purification]
Marjaram [protection]
Sage [spiritual purification]
Cloves [protection]
Mustard seed [protection]

Before you do any scrying-of any kind-inhale the scent deeply and shake the jar gently.

Enjoy

Kevin Smile
ELS
View Profile
Regular user
Chicagoland area, IL
191 Posts

Profile of ELS
Thanks for the info!

Ed Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Any suggestions on scrying? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL