The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy Presentation for Three Kings and a Queen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
I am seeking some help in brainstorming a presentation for the Three Kings and a Queen illusion in Tarbell 2 (page 403). The illusion calls for three 6-foot cards (kings) that are formed into a triangular screen that, when opened, reveal a girl (the “queen”).

I want to use this as an effect presented by cub scouts at a blue and gold banquet. The pack will be requiring each den to put on “skits” or other entertainment for the banquet. My thought was to have the cubs perform the effect and, instead of producing a girl, they will produce another scout wearing a towel and shower cap, who appears to be drying himself after a shower. When he sees that he is on stage, he screams and runs off.

Now, here’s where I am looking for some input. Should the cubs use panels that appear to be cards, or is there some better alternative?

Does anyone have any suggestions for patter? I think an off-stage or on-stage narrator might be best, given the microphone situation we will have at the venue.

Perhaps I should say that I am looking, of course, for a comedy— FUNNY— presentation.

Let me hear what you think.

Thanks.

0pus
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Opus,
One thought might be that you are looking for the cub to be produced (he's not present) and you bring out three panels of places he might be: a picture of a TV set (watching TV); a picture of a computer (playing video games); a picture of a shower (in the shower).
Your idea of having him in towel and shower cap and then running off stage is great!
It should work well, no matter what you do.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy Presentation for Three Kings and a Queen (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL