The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » How is this possible? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lbuford
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
157 Posts

Profile of Lbuford
I found this video on YouTube. Where can I learn how to do this? Talk about a reputation maker! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GxEV7SVekI I can't find the other video, but I've also seen him pour out half the water from a bottle and as he started shaking it, the water began filling up in the bottle! Who is this guy?
Loreen

"Hindsight corrects the mistakes that foresight could have prevented"
AlienSpaceBat
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of AlienSpaceBat
This looks to me like a fairly well known method. Not sure if I should expose it here ...? Maybe ask this again in secret sessions ??
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
This is the X-treme magic of Cyril Takayama of Japan. He takes standard effects and then goes a step or two further than anyone else has gone before. Do some research on him and you will get a re-education on how far you can go with your magic.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Lbuford
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
157 Posts

Profile of Lbuford
Quote:
On 2009-04-14 16:31, Spellbinder wrote:
This is the X-treme magic of Cyril Takayama of Japan. He takes standard effects and then goes a step or two further than anyone else has gone before. Do some research on him and you will get a re-education on how far you can go with your magic.

I will most definitely do some research on him. That effect was the most amazing improptu effect I've ever seen, and I want to learn how to do it. What secret session and where is it?
Loreen

AlienSpaceBat
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of AlienSpaceBat
Now you have 50+ posts, go and look at the bottom of the forum list (banquet room)..!
Lbuford
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
157 Posts

Profile of Lbuford
Great!! I just posted another message in that session. Thanks.
Loreen

Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2290 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Quote:
I will most definitely do some research on him. That effect was the most amazing improptu effect I've ever seen, and I want to learn how to do it. What secret session and where is it?

I'll bet one of the things you find is that it is most definitely *not* impromptu! One of the magical things Cyril has mastered is staging. As someone said in another post, unless he has managed to re-write the laws of physics, there is a lot of work that went into making it look like no work was involved!

Long live the pursuit of magic that looks like it!
Ed
Lbuford
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
157 Posts

Profile of Lbuford
[/quote]

I'll bet one of the things you find is that it is most definitely *not* impromptu! One of the magical things Cyril has mastered is staging. As someone said in another post, unless he has managed to re-write the laws of physics, there is a lot of work that went into making it look like no work was involved!
[/quote]

Whatever it is, it sure is awesome! IF he hasn't re-written the laws of physics, I sure would like to know where he got the ice in his hands and how did he get the water to change into ice inside the bottle?
Loreen

Sanderr
View Profile
Regular user
Netherlands
190 Posts

Profile of Sanderr
That looks amazing! The reaction of the (Chinese?) "guests" is also very funny.
wingz
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of wingz
I really enjoyed Cyril magic shows and it is always very entertaining. However, I know some of them are "Magic for TV" (similar to Criss Angel etc ... )

Is there any name for the two tricks?
Lbuford
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
157 Posts

Profile of Lbuford
This was my first time knowing who Cyril Takayama is. I'm going to do some more research and look at him performance some of his other effects.
Loreen

wingz
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of wingz
Cyril (from Japan) is very well known in Asia.

Another well know Asian magacian is Lu Chen (from Taiwan). His shows cause many teenagers in Taiwan and China interested in magic.

They may not be the best Magician in Asia but definitely well knowb in general public because of their TV shows.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
First of all I agree with Ed. This is something that's kind of a touchy subject about magic on TV. A lot of work goes into making some of those effects look impormpru but in reality it takes a lot of preparation. It's understandable because watching a magic performance on TV is very different then seeing it in person. What makes this a touchy subject is on one hand it's great for magic to reach a little more main stream audience. The down side is people expect us to do those things in close up and "real" impromptu performances without all that set up.

Cyril is one of my favorite modern magicians too. I will say this though. The effects on that video are actually pretty basic methods. One part (the bottle) is really just science and no chemical or gimmicks are needed to do it.

The first thing he did in the video I suggest you pick up Carl Cloutier's Third-Hand Magic DVD. Many other books and DVD's teach the method but I suggested this one because I have it and know it would teach you what you'd need to know to do that one (Not with ice but the same basic method).

Hope that helps.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3224 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Fake LOL
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
niyade
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of niyade
Very cool effect.
tony_tyl
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of tony_tyl
Quote:
On 2009-04-17 00:41, gaddy wrote:
Fake LOL

No it's not fake...and it's quite a clean trick if properly performed.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2489 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
It is done woth photoshop!!
"He must be content to rank with the common herd." - S.W. Erdnase
conankid144
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of conankid144
Cyril is great
I watch all of his 3 season and total impress
He do something I already known but a brand new way
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1437 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
For the first phase, Nefesch actually has an effect where he turns water to ice barehanded. His bit is actually a bit more impresive, as smoke comes out of his hands as he does it. The routine can be found on his trilogy dvd set, disc 1, I believe.
For the second phase, I would probably use David Harkey's method. Which is on his video, and also is in "Simply Harkey", his book.
othelo68
View Profile
Regular user
North dakota
174 Posts

Profile of othelo68
A very cool effect none the less I really like cyrils hamburger trick. the one where he takes a hamburger off a sign and takes a bite out of it and puts it back. probably not his but still cool anyway pun not intended but fitting
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » How is this possible? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL