The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Best prices for balloons? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Where do you buy your balloons?

Currently I am buying mine at http://www.balloonmerchant.com I have found there prices tp be the best out there and the service quite good as well. they have been around since 1965.

What about you?
Perry D Winkle
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of Perry D Winkle
I've been getting mine from TMyers:
http://www4.mailordercentral.com/tmyersmagic/

I don't know though, your source does seem cheaper. I put 100 count 260 Qualatex packages of orange, green, and yellow in my cart at both places and TMyers was about three dollars higher. I did notice, however, that balloon merchant has a 25 dollar minimum order. I don't really mind, my last order from TMyers was $70.

I wonder if either of these places add a 'handling' fee. Honestly, I'll probably continue to support TMyers. They have a large selection and they've never failed me.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
I use to buy from Tmeyers and found there prices about 30 percent higher than everyone else...
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I purchase from Tmyers. When you order $300 worth you get 20% off. They have weekly specials which also saves my money. In the end its pretty much a wash for which is better.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Lauderdale paper & Balloon, TMeyers, La Rocks Magic
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Profile of Justin Impossible
I have been very lucky to have Qualatex as a balloon sponsor, which means when I run low they ship me bags of balloons. But before that sweet deal happened I would run down to my local shop, http://www.magic4less.com and they gave really good prices. But I have heard that everyone's prices have gone up!
j
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com
www.facebook.com/magicianjustinimpossible

A pretty assistant is the most effective form of misdirection.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
I did a side by side comparison on prices and service of 3 companies below:

5 inch eyeballs:

Meyers $11.97

Larocks $10.50

Balloon Merchant $9.18

5 inch Mocha brown Rounds:

Meyers $5.66

Larocks $4.95

Balloon Merchant $4.35

260 Originals Standard Color 100 count:

Meyers $5.66

Larocks $4.85

Balloon Merchant $4.34

16 Inch Rounds Standard Colors:

Meyers $13.88

Larocks $11.50

Balloon Merchant $10.00

Meyers does offer discounted prices at $200 and $300 dollar levels BUT..BUT.. Even at there cheapest prices they are NOT cheaper than Balloon Merchant.

Larocks in Charlotte NC offer shipping free when orders are over $150

Balloon Merchant offer 5% off on shipping if orders are over $100

My conclusion: is if orders are less than $150 choose balloon merchant because the prices are cheaper. However IF you decide to place an order over $150 and don't mind the wait you may consider Larocks for the free shipping. HOWEVER Balloon Merchant probably is still less depending on the weight of you order because there prices are cheaper and they discount the shipping at $100
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I order from La Rocks; being in South Carolina I can order today and they will be here as early as tomorrow.

-JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
Learn JoeJoe's secrets at Magic Joint dot com
Gary Shelton
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Gary Shelton
Balloons and Clowns out of Goldsboro NC has always been 1st class
puppeterry
View Profile
Regular user
Sanger, CA
114 Posts

Profile of puppeterry
I was all set to tout the merits of Balloon Wholesalers International out of Fresno, California, but I hadn't bought anything in so long that my account had closed. When I had re-opened my account, I looked at their prices and...lucky for me, they're on the way home from work, so I save shipping fees. Nevertheless, they ARE nice people.
TV Mc Arthur
The Librician
Fresno (CA) County Public Library
"They don't get better.....just faster."
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
I have yet to find anyone prices better than balloon merchant
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
I made my first order from Balloon Merchant on Friday afternoon. They have great prices and they ship UPS according to the site. You can pay more if you need it overnight(I didn't). I know they are out of sunny California so I'll let you all know just how long it takes to get a shipment to Little Rock, Arkansas. If it gets here pretty quick, it should get just about anywhere in good time.

Derrick
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2009-04-21 15:58, derrick wrote:
I made my first order from Balloon Merchant on Friday afternoon. They have great prices and they ship UPS according to the site. You can pay more if you need it overnight(I didn't). I know they are out of sunny California so I'll let you all know just how long it takes to get a shipment to Little Rock, Arkansas. If it gets here pretty quick, it should get just about anywhere in good time.

Derrick

I know I agree I was stunned when I saw there prices. I don't live in California either but when you do the math they are cheaper than everyone else and there service and quality are as good as everybody.
Perry D Winkle
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of Perry D Winkle
Quick question. I know that if I order balloons from balloon merchant that they are shipping from California. For me, in Kentucky, that means that they would cross almost the entire US before reaching me.

What does that amount of time in transit do to a balloon? I'm concerned about heat / exposure along the way. Will the balloons degrade in transit?
alexa
View Profile
Veteran user
NJ
393 Posts

Profile of alexa
If you are shopping solely on price and customer service, check out btydirect.com

If however, you require selection, multiple brands, or want to build a relationship with your supplier, I shop elsewhere.

BTY is great when you just need standard Q.

Alexa
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2009-04-22 16:53, alexa wrote:
If you are shopping solely on price and customer service, check out btydirect.com

If however, you require selection, multiple brands, or want to build a relationship with your supplier, I shop elsewhere.

BTY is great when you just need standard Q.

Alexa

I just check the prices of btydirect and Balloonmerchants prices are LESS. So still seems like the better place to by the is balloonmerchant. They also have been around since 1965 so I would say they are pretty trustworthy and a leader in our industry...
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2009-04-22 12:45, Perry D Winkle wrote:
Quick question. I know that if I order balloons from balloon merchant that they are shipping from California. For me, in Kentucky, that means that they would cross almost the entire US before reaching me.

What does that amount of time in transit do to a balloon? I'm concerned about heat / exposure along the way. Will the balloons degrade in transit?

How do you think you supplier get them? Yup.. Shipped.. So same issue nomatter where you get them even local. regarding heat exposure I have heard of people leaving there balloons in cars with no issues. I have had some bags for 2 years and they still work fine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Best prices for balloons? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL