The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Earnest Earick center steals (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ozer4
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
330 Posts

Profile of Ozer4
Hi,
I have been playing around with the material from By Forces Unseen for a couple of weeks now, and I think that the broadside center steal and Longitudinal swivel steal are beautiful. I'm wondering if anybody uses them, and also any pointers on realigning the cards using the pinky. Thanks.
-Oz
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
I love them. I really love them. I don't use them as often as I should, but I prefer these over a standard side steal.
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
Pay careful attention to the illustrations following the Broadside Center Steal. The left little finger must push in at a somewhat unnatural angle, and further than you would think it should have to. This is of course all covered by the right hand and the deck.

Also, don't be too concerned about swinging the card into perfect alignment with either the deck or the box (depending on where you're placing the stolen card). If it sticks out in the back a little it can be pushed more square as the deck is tabled or the grip on it is shifted. As the text mentions, if you attempt to bring the card perfectly square it may be visible from the front.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Rebis
View Profile
New user
Verona, Italy
18 Posts

Profile of Rebis
Summoning back this old thread.

It might be a linguistic barrier, but for god's sake I can't understand where the pinky should move. In wich direction, i.. I.. I just don't understand this text bit

"extend the fourth finger downward and slightly forward" 😬
Tortuga
View Profile
Special user
Ballwin, MO
845 Posts

Profile of Tortuga
Everyone has different hands. Even those whose hands might be the same size can differ in flexibility and feel, not to mention strength.

The point is, try it as best you can according to the instructions but realize that it works for the author, and may not work for you. In that case, you need to understand what is supposed to happen and then adjust accordingly.

One size fits all is marketing and seldom true.
Rebis
View Profile
New user
Verona, Italy
18 Posts

Profile of Rebis
Thanks, I'll try some more!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Earnest Earick center steals (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL