The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic Shops In NY? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicByUriel
View Profile
Veteran user
Johnathan Townsend has a lot more than
358 Posts

Profile of MagicByUriel
Hey Guys,

My 18th B-day is tomorrow and my parents want to take me somewhere, but I have no clue where to go. I'm looking for a magic shop (or any meeting place for magi) in the NY/NJ area that I can go into and talk magic with the magicians there and maybe buy something on the side.

Am I looking for something that doesn't exist? Or is there hope over the horizon?

Thanks,
Uriel Nashofer
"Magic is the only art that the audience wants the performer to screw up" - Daniel Garcia
Lion Dope
View Profile
New user
York PA
88 Posts

Profile of Lion Dope
Fantasma Magic, on 7th Avenue.
Happy Birthday!
Mike
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
Stop by Tannen's too -- it's been the hangout for every great magician living in -- or passing through -- NYC since the 20s. It's only a block from Fantasma:

Tannen's Magic, Inc.
45 West 34th Street, Suite 608
New York, NY 10001

Store Hours: Monday - Friday: 10am-5pm (Thursday’s until 7pm)
Saturday & Sunday: 10am - 4pm
Phone: 212-929-4500
http://www.tannens.com
MagicByUriel
View Profile
Veteran user
358 Posts

Profile of MagicByUriel
I went to Fantasma and spent like 2 hours there. Had a blast! Will definitely be going back. Didn't go to Tannens, maybe next time.
"Magic is the only art that the audience wants the performer to screw up" - Daniel Garcia
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
You spent 2 hours, but how much money did you spend? Every time I go to a magic shop, $40 - $60 magically disappears!

Glad you had a good time -- that's a fun crowd that hangs out there.

-Daniel
MagicByUriel
View Profile
Veteran user
358 Posts

Profile of MagicByUriel
$100 + tax. I got a card clip ($20) and one of the Apocalypse books ($80).

I just wish I could have met some of the "bigger names" while I was there. Ie: David Roth, Simon Lovell, Bob Fitch... Maybe next time I'll get lucky and one (or more) will drop by while I'm there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic Shops In NY? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL