The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Trade show for hardware store (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stellan
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
580 Posts

Profile of Stellan
I need some input for trade shows for hardware stores. Any ideas on effects that can be adapted to the theme? So far I'm thinking of Pete Biro's Pompom and Sawing in half and ropes of course. Can use both parlor/stage and close up. All contributions will be appreciated.
"There is no reality, only perception."
avimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Hollywood, Florida
233 Posts

Profile of avimagic
Are you working for a particular exhibitor? What specifically are they selling? What are the core benefits they offer?
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
Cut and restored weed eater line, nail bending, any coin routine but substitute washers, the list just goes on and on I am with Avi you need to narrow this down a little for us.
Stellan
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
580 Posts

Profile of Stellan
Yes, of course. They offer everything for homebuilders and pros. Anything that uses tools could be interesting for example.
Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
About this or even this.
Dare to Dream...
Stellan
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
580 Posts

Profile of Stellan
That's great! I will arrange a guessing game with the Appearing Shovel.
C&R WEL is also something I can use. Thanks!

Anyone else?
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Can't recall the name but how about where the nut comes off the bolt without touching it (maybe someone can help me out here)
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Stellan
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
580 Posts

Profile of Stellan
And that reminds me of Doc Eason's two in the hands with nuts and also Mutz Nutz.. together with Holy Moly I think the close up part is ready to go. Great!
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Doc Eason's trick is called "All Screwed Up" and is in his Bar Magic DVD, vol 3.
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
714 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
It's not about what tricks you do. It's what you say when you're doing them...
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2432 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Learn a blockhead routine - they'll sell a lot of hammers (and 1 nail each).
Stellan
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
580 Posts

Profile of Stellan
I don't agree. It is very much about the tricks you do. My customers appreciate if I can use some of their products in a positive way in the show and connect them to magic. It makes the customer feel special... and also makes the show special for this very event. There is a lot of added value in this.
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
714 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Product should be first and foremost. If your client has a product that you can demo, so much the better. Showing the magical properties of a product are fine only if they don't compromise the 'reality' of what the product can actually do. For example, if you have a client that sells sponges, and your use magic to exaggerate the absorbency of the sponge (using slush powder or special glass) it can backfire and hurt your client when the product doesn't perform the same way for the consumer.

Learn all you can about the product/business. Use your magic and scripting to highlight the features and benefits of the product. If the product is easily demonstrated, work a real product demo in to conclude your presentation.

If you're first learning tricks to perform specifically for this client, I feel that you're not giving them your best effort. You should be performing magic that you've done hundreds of times before so you can concentrate on delivering your message instead of thinking about your next move with a new trick.

Not here to argue, Just my 2 cents.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20496 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Remember that a trade show is essentially closeup standing. On the grandest scale it is platform magic. Tricks need to be short and you need to be able to stop and start from any point. Incorporate give-aways if you can. Never continue doing magic if you can give the customer to a salesperson. You are not there to compete with the company sales staff.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Darren Holden
View Profile
New user
UK
17 Posts

Profile of Darren Holden
Hi guys only just saw this post The Mutz Nutz was based on Tony Hyams handling of the Linking Polo mints, which in turn used 2 in the hand and 1 in the pocket method.
I wanted something more so came up with The Mutz Nutz With Tony Hyams.
The Mutz Nutz is multi phase and can be interupted/stopped anywhere in the rountine. Also examined anywhere in the rountine.
The final kicker is the nuts linked together!!
We have had a lot of fun and good reviews of this effect in the 2 years since its release. See the video demo http://www.themagicattic.co.uk.

All The Best

Darren Holden
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Trade show for hardware store (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL