The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » VBS show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
I have been hired to perform my show for a church VBS closing ceremony. The theme is Boomerang Express with an enfaces on "It all comes back to Jesus". I have several routines that I do for VBS or church shows but I wanted to change it up a little to be geared toward what they have been learning all week. Here is the website for the material. http://vbs.lifeway.com/vbs2009/yourVBS/preview.aspx

Does anyone have any routine ideas they would like to share in their VBS show or ideas to help me out.
Thanks,
Tim
JIMclubber64
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of JIMclubber64
I didn't take a look at the website, but perhaps you could use Stratosphere(also known as Joker Tube, I am told) and use the simple "Jesus wants to be at the top of your life" patter. Do you know what trick I'm talking about?
"Magic should always have a purpose. [...] Find your purpose for performing. Only then will you be able to find the right trick!" -- Jay Noblezada
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
Also known as Priority balls. With a little work on patter, it would do well.

I'm brain dead for other effects at the moment, if I think of any that I believe would be good I'll post them.
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On 2009-04-21 12:37, The Great Danton wrote:

I'm brain dead for other effects at the moment, if I think of any that I believe would be good I'll post them.

Oh, come on now...I've seen your rope routine...restoration is always a good starter for how, no matter what we do, it always (tada!) comes back to Jesus.

Also, I'm familiar with this theme (the outback, kangaroos, and all those other things, mate)...the boomerang illusion is good, especially when you keep cutting them down alternately to try to get them to "match up," but they never do...

Several silks, representing different facets or alternatives, changing to a Jesus silk (dye tube, change bag, whatever)

writings on paper set aflame and produced to a dove or Jesus silk using a Dove pan... any type of transformation as such...

just a few quick thoughts
Professor DoDad
View Profile
New user
Cleveland GA
83 Posts

Profile of Professor DoDad
You can download sample lessons, take a look at those and see what kind of stories are being done. See if you can match some things up that might give you the lesson idea.
That is what I do with most of my lessons. Also they have a blog where people are sharing ideas on the VBS sites. Those might help you too!
Professor DoDad
View Profile
New user
Cleveland GA
83 Posts

Profile of Professor DoDad
VBS 2009 Boomerang Express Daily Overview
TRACK 1
Truth:Follow Him
Bible Story:Peter’s Invitation (John 1:40-42; Matthew 4:18-22)
Bible Verse:“As the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you. Remain in My love.” John 15:9 (HCSB)
Life Application:Because Jesus loves and chooses me, I can follow Him.*

TRACK 2
Truth:Worship Him
Bible Story:Peter’s Discovery (Matthew 14:22-33)
Bible Verse:“But these are written so that you may believe Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and by believing you may have life in His name.” John 20:31 (HCSB)
Life Application: Because Jesus is the Son of God, I can worship Him.*

TRACK 3
Truth:Confess Him
Bible Story:Peter’s Challenge (Luke 22:31-34,54-62; 23:44-46;24:1-12)
Bible Verse:“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23 (HCSB)
Life Application:Because Jesus died for me, I can confess Him as my Savior.*

TRACK 4:
Truth:Serve Him
Bible Story:Peter’s Mission (John 21:1-19)
Bible Verse:“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9 (HCSB)
Life Application:Because Jesus forgives me, I can still serve Him.*

TRACK 5:
Truth:Obey Him
Bible Story:Peter’s Obedience (Acts 12:1-17)
Bible Verse:“I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13 (HCSB)
Life Application:Because Jesus helps me, I can follow God’s plan for me.*

I think you can come up with 5 differnt ones going along those themes and then have an opener and closer.
JIMclubber64
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of JIMclubber64
Another one you could do, if you happen to own it, although it's not that expensive (only $15, I believe) is Boomerang Card by Yigal Mesika. I think that's pretty straight-forward for a "It all comes back to Jesus" message. Smile

EDIT: oops, I missed your last post, so that's why I didn't try to figure out how it could go along with one of those. But you still may be able to get it to work.
"Magic should always have a purpose. [...] Find your purpose for performing. Only then will you be able to find the right trick!" -- Jay Noblezada
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Remeber, too, that this particular VBS theme is centered around Peter, so you may also tie in effects dealing with him specifically. I am currently working on an Acrobatic Fish routine which I think I will tie in to the Matthew lesson of "following Him." (fishers of men, etc.) I agree that, by breaking it down like Professor DoDad has illustrated, you can come up with a very good set.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » VBS show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL