The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Poe's The Raven (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3011 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
I'm actually tempted to go in the opposite direction and be funny with this.

I would have a card selected from a deck and signed, shuffle it back in, and spread the cards facedown on the table. Then, I would take out a wind-up baby chick that's been spray-painted black (The Raven).

It hops around as my poetic reading becomes more and more impassioned, until finally it stops on a card. At the last word in the stanza, "Nevermore," the card it sits on is turned over. Surprisingly, it isn't the selected card, but a blank card bearing the word "Nevermore."

Infuriated, I would spend the last stanza smashing the chick with a hammer -- and find the signed and folded card amidst the broken gears on the final word of the poem.

Could be fun Smile
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), both at Penguin.
Sean Lough
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
213 Posts

Profile of Sean Lough
Ha! Love it!
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Quote:
Infuriated, I would spend the last stanza smashing the chick with a hammer -- and find the signed and folded card amidst the broken gears on the final word of the poem.

Could be fun Smile

Neil,
"Thus quoth the Raven (SMASH with a hammer) Nevermore..." (Wicked grin time). Just goes to show that you can change any effect to fit your personality.
I bow at the feet of the master.
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
roguemagic
View Profile
New user
bizarre iowa
96 Posts

Profile of roguemagic
Up until a couple years ago, I "created" an abridged version of The Raven and choreographed a cups and balls routine to it. Timing was crucial, and long hours of rehearsal was vital. After reading this post I have been motivated to resurrect it once again.

Take care,
Craig
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Quote:
On 2003-06-04 09:22, roguemagic wrote:
Up until a couple years ago, I "created" an abridged version of The Raven and choreographed a cups and balls routine to it. Timing was crucial, and long hours of rehearsal was vital. After reading this post I have been motivated to resurrect it once again.

Take care,
Craig

Are you willing to share this effect with us?
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Poe's The Raven (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL