The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » You Know You're Spending Too Much Time with Magic When... (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..53..95..137..179..221~222~223 [Next]
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Uh, Gay Blackstone, Kelly's husband, just put out some pop tarts, and uh ok he is rich, and Jay Leslie. (did I win?)

When you call Nani Darnell on the cell phone from a church clergy-laity convention.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
When you ordered a copy of 'Magic Circus" on DVD simply to see Mark Wilson's egg bag routine (with a child) in the long shot event you decide his routine could be better than the other 5 DVDs you have featuring the egg bag including the Stevens teach in video on the egg bag, the Denny and Lee performance DVD, and several others--- and you currently do not even perform the egg bag! All because someday you "might" want to do it and/or you kinda like the egg bag. Besides that, you already have unused at least three egg bags including the wonderful Welch version of the Malini bag. Yikes! That's magical obsession (and I plead guilty as charged). Not to mention the at least ten fake and/or blown eggs you have purchased previously sitting on your shelf including real, lacquered, wood, sponge and plastic eggs.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
[quote]On 2009-05-18 18:43, tabman wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-05-17 21:08, jay leslie wrote:.... and mention my name.... It won't get you anything, I just like my name mentioned.

that's a funny line. I hadn't heard it before. Is it your original?? Anyway, very funny!

-=tabman

Yes original - I used to tall people who were going to the Castle to mention my name to the bartender.... ex-cetera.

And Bill.... We always change the names to protect the innocent..... except for Dynamike, who shall remain nameless.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I like the mentioning of the name too, Jay. That's a good one. Can I use it? LOL
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I can't believe it....... someone is actually asking. go ahead just not on Television or at a convention, or a magic club, or around other magicians, or other comedians, or bartenders and the rest of the others too.

----

Why is it that - Not everyone has the urge to throw out hundreds of dollars for a magician...... but they have no problem calling a plumber, if their drain "backs up".

And how exactly, may I ask, can a drain "back up"? Aren't they stationary?
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Now you have me wondering why a drain doesn't beep before it "backs up"?

-=tab
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
17197 Posts

When you can actually make an assocition in your mind between a clogged drain and magic.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
It's the same exact thing as a clogged "bang wand" but one uses water and the other fire. So as you can see, my comparison uses the most disassociated and far-fetched logic that I could muster, on short notice.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
17197 Posts

When everything that Jay says makes perfect sense to you.
HMAC
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of HMAC
When you ask the time to people just to see if you can get a hold on their watches.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
When you decided to join Fr. Photius' prestigious Magic Café-aholics Anonymous Club so you can squeeze in more time with magic.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
That you always insist doing something at your local Ring meeting because it is your inner hope that you'll eventually see your name in the "Ring Reports" section of The Linking Ring... and thus have a part in kept magic history.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
That your favorite joke is how the older magician refused to kiss the found talking frog to turn it into a beautiful princess as he'd find more use keeping a talking frog in his pocket...
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
When 5 people are responsible for the majority of the drivel in this thread.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17081 Posts

Profile of joseph
When there are 110 magic shops stored in your gps...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
When you hope to see your name mentioned as one of the magicians that help make the magic industry move.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
When you become the president of your local club so you can schedule more workshops and be the performer.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17081 Posts

Profile of joseph
When you proudly carry around a coin purse, colorful silks, and a chiffon hanky...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
When you visit a major city and first go to their largest magic shop, then go through the Yellow Pages and start to check out even the little novelty shops that turn up to be selling only joy buzzers and fake dog poop...
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
When you still wear a "I'm a magician" tag to work every day even after getting repeated warnings from your boss.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » You Know You're Spending Too Much Time with Magic When... (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..53..95..137..179..221~222~223 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL