The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Coin Magic (MB transpo) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

evikshin
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Hi all, here is my handling of the MB transpo, by the brilliant Marion Boykin. I've made some minor handling changes, but essentially the heart and soul is the Crimp Change/Demanche Change.

Let me know what you think!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apcvIPt0cYg&NR=1

Evikshin
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Here are my comments ...there is too much pointing at the hand. Too much proving.
The second would be the production of the copper coin. My thinking is...if its as easy as pie to extract a copper coin from a half Dollar then making them change places would not be as magical. For a casual effect like this, simply introducing two different coins would be enough an opening for the quick miracle. The retention is pretty good to forego the proving. Opening the hand to show it again was sufficient. The change is almost there...don't give up. I can't go into details in the open. Perhaps MB can point you to the little touches on the change. I feel its too upright and too perpendicular that the switch is pretty obvious to me. Maybe its just me cause I know the move for a long time now.

Best of luck!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I agree with Rannie! I would add my two cents but he has a softer way of delievering the message.

(I will say that the problem with magic and "magicians" is that they see someone else do an effect and then think they can modify it and/or do it just as well...without the time and practice that the origional person did. And that's disrespectful. I'm NOT saying you, I'm just saying "in general")

Mabuhay from Manhattan -

Style
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Mabuhay Justin! Good ol Style! Hey now...I appreciate that!

later!

Evikshin...I will try to make a video for you when I find time. I am off to do a lecture this weekend...perhaps sometime early next week. Hang in there! You will get better with the change soon. Its just a minor alteration and you will see the diff and see what I mean.

Mabuhay from sunny Manila!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Quote:
On 2009-04-24 13:22, rannie wrote:
Mabuhay Justin! Good ol Style! Hey now...I appreciate that!

later!

Evikshin...I will try to make a video for you when I find time. I am off to do a lecture this weekend...perhaps sometime early next week. Hang in there! You will get better with the change soon. Its just a minor alteration and you will see the diff and see what I mean.

Mabuhay from sunny Manila!

Rannie

Hey Rannie thanks! I look forward to your video. Good luck at your lecture.

Evikshin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Coin Magic (MB transpo) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL