We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Homemade Dry Ice fogger (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
I am going to make a dry ice fogger. Big tank, with heater. Drop in the dry ice.

My question is.... is there any way to use this fog like a CO2 blast? (a large amount of the dry ice fog coming out of the hose and "shooting" out, not just "falling" out).

I hope this makes sense...

Thanks in advance.
scott
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3416 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Would think you would need the boost assist of a fan unit to make the fog shoot out.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2586 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On 2009-04-26 00:19, sb wrote:
... is there any way to use this fog like a CO2 blast?

The correct answer is, no.

The effect you're looking for is typically done with LCO2 or even better LN2 which is much colder and pulls more moisture from the air to create a denser fog. It usually has some high pressure gas (like regular high pressure Nitrogen) to put more back pressure behind the LN2 to create a bigger blast at the port.

You could port the CO2 fog into an accumulator tank, then have a dump valve from another air tank joining it to force the fog out under fast pressure, but it's still not quite the same effect. It would also take a HUGE accumulator to store the fog so you would have enough to port out.

If you don't need that much pressure you can use a fan assist on the dry ice machine to add a little more power to the regular output.

Just experiment and see if it gives you the effect you need.
Ray Pierce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Homemade Dry Ice fogger (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL