The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Magic Ian 1 man-parade in June (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I have two silk effects in the one-man parade. One, I think, is a no-brainer, but I have never seen it in references. That is professors nightmare using silks.
Has anyone ever tried it or known of it?
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
No, but I wish I had thought of it first! Congratulations!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Congratulations!

Ian is a dangerous man with anything that can become a magic trick.

Folks don't know what they having coming to them at FAB in Colon, MI this August. It is a lecture not to be missed.

Last week I was talking with Jeff McBride and he agrees. Ian is one of the most creative minds available in the world of magic today.

(I am surprised Professor Spellbinder has not built a cage for him. It would make a set of them! Forget Homeland Security.)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Thanks for the encouragement. When you think of something that should be obvious, one wonders if it is regression of thought or progressive. I have put all of my rope patterns and techniques and applied them to silks. The "nightmare' effect, is due to Bob Sanders exposure. I had never used diagonal silks before and the PN with silks uses the diagonals which in essence makes them "rope-like".
I even applied some of my odd variations to the "silks are ropes" concept and it is even more effective, but I did not include it in the Parade. You ought to try "Sandsational" silks, using a 24" and a 9" diagonal.
If anyone is familiar with my "Patriotic Professor" effect, this works very well with silks as well. Small, medium, and long silks become the same length and you hand them out. In "Patriotic", they are a red white and blue silk used.
I asked the question, "has someone done this?" before we go to press.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
Ian....

Just checked out your site. WOW ! You have some VERY cool things on video. Love your Profesor's routines ! Hope we get to meet sometime.

I am just down the road, where the fire in the swamp is now up to 15,000 acres. Should you find yourself down this way, follow the smell of burning trees, and give me a shout. Would love to have lunch and talk shop....

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I have some great stuff in the Parade for kidabra people. That "Patriotic Professor" was shot quickly just to show some clients, but I have the two "Professor Ian's Nightmares" on the web. Same method for each one, and it can be done with silks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slGS-qUo8Jg

and the "patriotic"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1et1WA1xp4
I will shoot a demo of the silks soon.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Additional thoughts:
If you decide to try Professors nightmare with silks, you can stop at the halfway mark. You will have three "equal" silks. That's a good time to use the load chamber from "THIS" and do a production. Or even do a bird steal.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Magic Ian 1 man-parade in June (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL