The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Don't be scared ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Great. Not only has the swine flu branched out to piracy, it's also developed a new vector- crochet.

We're all doomed.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Be afraid, be very afraid.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
A new hat for Agent61!!!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Hahahaha! I'll take it into consideration...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21005 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Why is swine flu suddenly funny?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-04-27 16:29, Dannydoyle wrote:

It's not. Right now what is happening with swine flu is alarming, but it could be incredibly scary in the next week or so.

My borrowed picture took three of modern society's greatest fears and combined them into one unforgettable image. I thought it was clever and warranted wider distribution is all. Although I'd like to know / am curious to know whether it was crafted before or after the swine flu story hit. It could be a coincidence.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:

Yeah, I'm with you on that danny. This could be a MUCH bigger issue than people think.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Quote:
On 2009-04-27 17:12, kcg5 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I'm with you on that danny. This could be a MUCH bigger issue than people think.

Its more serious then what you may think at first
On April 20, 2009 civilians in Mexico were reported to have contracted the Swin Flu Virus (SIV). 100 cases in total in Mexico. All 100 cases were proven fatal. A week later SIV infections were reported in 5 states in the United States. None of the 20 US cases were fatal.
SIV has been reported all across Europe, Australia, New Zealand and in the People's Republic of China.
The goverment of the People's Republic of China have already undergone precautions. All across Mexico and Europe, schools and other public facilities have been closed down. Here in the United States, civilians are being asked not to attend public gatherings.

The SIV is a very interesting stand of flu virus. As we have known before, the flu will mostly target young children and senior adults who are weak physically and weak in immune systems. SIV targets young and physically healthy people ranging from the ages of 8 to 45 years old.

SIV is immune to all forms of Flu vaccinations that are out there. World Health Organization (WHO) has undergone research and development for a possible cure.

SIV appeared without warning with a 50% casuality rate and as of the date this note was written, SIV has no sign of dying down.

WHO will descide on Tuesday ( 4/28/09) if this is a pandimic. IF it is descided SIV is a pandimic, it will be the worst pandimic in over 40 years.

Symptom Of SIV Include

* Chills
* Vomitting
*Diarrea
* Body Temperature over 100.5
* Loss of Appitite
* Headaches
*Breathing Difficulties

If you suffer any of these and you are reading this now, immediately consult your physician. Don't hesitate to wait.
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2009-04-27 16:47, balducci wrote:
I'd like to know / am curious to know whether it was crafted before or after the swine flu story hit. It could be a coincidence.

Coincidence. It came out as a Halloween costume idea in 2007.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I must be not be hip because I just thought of it as a cool looking knitted mask.

The flue is not a good thing.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
The mask/hat is just Piglet playing Pirate.

Remember the Swine Flu scare of the late 70's? 1 died from the Flu and the rest died from the crappy vaccine rushed through the pharms. Govt. in action.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Ibm_usa. Yes, it is serious, but some of your facts are wrong. The virus in question is Swine Influenza A (H1N1). There are now 40 confirmed cases in the US, and several in countries outside of North America, though no fatalities. So far, all fatalities are in Mexico, which only has reported 26 confirmed cases of H1N1, and only 7 confirmed fatalities. (More people have died while exhibiting flu or flu-like symptoms, but there is no laboratory typing of those infections yet.) This is not a 50% mortality rate. There may be additional infected, but if they do not go to the hospital, there is no way to know if they have the virus.

In Mexico, the fatalities have so far seemed to exhibit a similiar pattern as the Spanish Flu of 1918- the high risk group is otherwise healthy 20-40 year olds. It's not clear why, and there are no fatalities outside of Mexico yet to see if the mortality pattern remains consistant.

The CDC has acted more swiftly than the WHO, though some say not swiftly enough. A travel advisory between the US and Mexico will be released shortly, and travellers are being checked before being allowed entry into the US.

In the mean time, take standard flu season precautions: wash your hands frequently, don't rub your eyes, cover your nose and mouth with tissue if you cough or sneeze and wash your hands quickly afterwards. If you start exhibiting flu-like symptoms, call your health care provider for guidance. Do not go to the hospital unless directed, as you may spread the virus if you have it, or can potentially become infected if someone at the emergency room already has it.

-Erik
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Quote:
On 2009-04-27 19:05, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Ibm_usa. Yes, it is serious, but some of your facts are wrong. The virus in question is Swine Influenza A (H1N1). There are now 40 confirmed cases in the US, and several in countries outside of North America, though no fatalities. So far, all fatalities are in Mexico, which only has reported 26 confirmed cases of H1N1, and only 7 confirmed fatalities. (More people have died while exhibiting flu or flu-like symptoms, but there is no laboratory typing of those infections yet.) This is not a 50% mortality rate. There may be additional infected, but if they do not go to the hospital, there is no way to know if they have the virus.

In Mexico, the fatalities have so far seemed to exhibit a similiar pattern as the Spanish Flu of 1918- the high risk group is otherwise healthy 20-40 year olds. It's not clear why, and there are no fatalities outside of Mexico yet to see if the mortality pattern remains consistant.

The CDC has acted more swiftly than the WHO, though some say not swiftly enough. A travel advisory between the US and Mexico will be released shortly, and travellers are being checked before being allowed entry into the US.

In the mean time, take standard flu season precautions: wash your hands frequently, don't rub your eyes, cover your nose and mouth with tissue if you cough or sneeze and wash your hands quickly afterwards. If you start exhibiting flu-like symptoms, call your health care provider for guidance. Do not go to the hospital unless directed, as you may spread the virus if you have it, or can potentially become infected if someone at the emergency room already has it.

-Erik

You will have to forgive me, most of the statistics I posted were a few hours old and outdated. I should have put a disclaimer on that post to clear up any confusions.
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
This crisis on this particular flu case sort of reminds me of the Andromeda Strain by the late Michael Crichton.

-Guy Jarrett

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Don't be scared ... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL