The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Ipod Track Display (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
I stumbled upon an item at Brookstone (gadget type store) over the weekend. It is called the IDesign Songview. For someone that is looking to add music to their show, in small venues like living rooms...this may be perfect. It docks an Ipod and also displays the tracks that are being played in a 1.3" rotating LED. It works with an IR remote(you have to point the remote at the unit) to control the Ipod. It sells for $99. It is actually a clock radio.
Here is a link to the product and reviews:

http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_2063474_id......_reviews

What interest me most is the track display. I'm currently using an Ijet remote and I need to experiment and bring it to the Brookstone store to see If the Ijet will still control the Ipod while docked on the Songview. The Songview has an output to connect to additional speakers so I can connect it to my PA.

It states that it displays the track name, the artist and the genre while a song is playing. We don't need all that info...so I was thinking of labeling a song I use in ITunes as "Misers Dream" for all 3 pieces of info (track name, artist and genre)and maybe it would scroll Misers dream for all 3 pieces of info. Like I said, it needs a bit of experimentation.

The bad news is, it looks like it is discontinued on The Brookstone website. They had them in stock at the store...but I don't know for how long.

I may not be able to back back to Brookstone til a couple of weeks to try out my Ijet remote on it. I'll give an update if I'm able to test it.

I just thought this was worth mentioning.

Rich B.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
This line in the description leads me to believe that there is a possibility of using this hooked to a house system in performance:

Quote:
The audio line-out, line-in jacks and included 3.5mm cable let you connect to additional speakers, CD or MP3 player. Remote uses a button cell battery (included).
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
ClintonMagus...Yes I saw the input/outouts on the unit itself at Brookstone. I also mentioned that I would be plugging this into my own PA in my post above...which means you can plug this into a house system. Of course if you plug the Soundview into a house system, the unit would still have to be in your view so you can still read the display easily.

Rich B.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Ipod Track Display (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL