The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » 2009 Golden Gate Gathering (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1634 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
To all serious students and lovers of close up magic,

For the third year in a row we are pleased to announce The Golden Gate Gathering. For those of you who don't know or haven't heard of this limited seating event, please check out http://www.bamagic.com.
We have some great lecturers lined up this year. They are:

Howard Hamburg
J.C. Wagner
Jack Carpenter
Bob Kohler
Steve Dobson presents a very special Jerry Andrus lecture

Of course I'm biased but I don't think I would be alone in saying that this is one of the best little close up get togethers I've ever attended.
The dates are June 11-13.
Seating is very limited and is on a first come first serve basis.
Registration is $175.00.
Please feel free to p.m. me with any questions.
I hope to meet some of you there.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
This is an amazing convention! I attended the first two...I'll be attending the 3rd as well. It's like having a 3 day non-stop magic session...everyone there contributes and there are absolutely no clicks!!! The hotel location is great as you are walking distance to many restaurants, however the hotel food is pretty good too. Dorian, Dave, Theron, and Kent are terrific hosts and go out of their way to make certain everyone is happy (note: this last sentence is an attempt to get them to bring in more coin guys in Smile!). The lectures are some of the best I have ever seen at any convention and for those who have never seen or heard of Howard Hamburg...Well, Howard is the best kept secret in magic! Howard alone is worth any reason you can have to attend!!! Oh, and one more thing...I'll be giving a lecture at the Castle a few days before the GGG...any notes I have left over I'll will be giving them to the attendees for FREE upon request (I don't want to carry them suckers home Smile!!!

Mike
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Mike,

You're all the coin guy we need. I suspect Curtis Kam may magically appear as well. Between the two of you . . . who else is there???

I'm excited Bob Kohler is going to lecture. He's got as much real-time, on the stump performing as anyone I know. He will fool the snot out you.

KG
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5455 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Hey kent gunn......you hittin the streets?....

kozmo
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
I'm really glad Kent and Dorian are dragging me away from Vegas. I have a feeling that this gathering may provide more magic per hour than any convention out there. Just the fact that Mike Gallo will be up for 72 hours performing most of his 750,000 coin routines was enough to get me to come! Can't wait...
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4638 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
The convention is ok. I mean, it's good if you like killer magic, non-stop jam sessions, a friendly and open atmosphere, amazing lectures, and a wonderful experience, but really, who likes that?

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Will there be any work on the 21 card trick?

MMc
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1634 Posts

No, but I hear Mike Gallo has a killer 21 coin trick. And Curtis has a 21 Pimp Cup trick which is pretty cool.

Best,

Dorian
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

And Kent will demonstrate the 21 words you SHOULDN'T use in public?!?!?
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1634 Posts

Words like smarmy, snot, arse & commiserate? Smile

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Kozmo,

Darned straight job keeps payin' the bills. Workin' on putting seventeen minutes together. Stand-up magic it's tougher than I ever knew. I'll have to grow some to move to the street.

Your DVD woke me from my reverie. Kozmo you are the freakin' man.

KG
David Nelson
View Profile
Elite user
San Mateo, CA
404 Posts

Profile of David Nelson
Quote:
On 2009-04-30 19:35, kentfgunn wrote:
...darned straight job keeps payin' the bills....
...stand-up magic it's tougher than I ever knew...
...I'll have to grow some to move to the street...
...Your DVD woke me from my reverie...

just a few examples of the clever repartee that one is exposed to when hanging with the Golden Gate Crew Smile Seriously, Kent has done a great job every year making sure it's an awesome time for those of us that enjoy sessioning with hardcore, underground close up guys.

Dave
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4638 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I had such a blast with these guys last year that I'm coming in early... and staying late.

And, Mickey, believe it or not last year we DID session, at one point, on versions of the 21 card trick! Only at GGG!

Ben

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Don't forget Ben, you told me some time back that you would have me dealing bottoms by the end of the weekend! Well, at least that's how I remember it! Smile

MMc
David Nelson
View Profile
Elite user
San Mateo, CA
404 Posts

Profile of David Nelson
Mick, are you sure he said "dealing"?
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4638 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I promised to have you dealing bottoms in a weekend? ****, that might be hard- I'm still struggling with tops!

So, Kent/Dorian/Dave, any of you, what can we expect from this years convention? Any exciting things you can tell us about? Hospitality suits? Special guests? Etc?

Ben

MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

I'm not sure Dave, he types with a heavy accent and I don't speak Canadian very well! Maybe it WAS something else!

MMc
David Nelson
View Profile
Elite user
San Mateo, CA
404 Posts

Profile of David Nelson
Quote:
On 2009-05-01 23:30, Ben Train wrote:
I'm still struggling with tops!

Is that why you gave up last year and just went topless???

Quote:
On 2009-05-01 23:30, Ben Train wrote:
So, Kent/Dorian/Dave, any of you, what can we expect from this years convention? Any exciting things you can tell us about? Hospitality suits? Special guests? Etc?

Beyond the announced lecturers and the session suite I'm not sure what I can share. We always end up with a few surprises at the end.

Dave
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
I think, if you stay up late Youell get a special session. If Youell know what I mean.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Well I let slip to the wife today that I wanted to go hang with some magic buddies in the Bay area for a few days in June and she didn't even ask to accompany me so she could shop all weekend! WTF?!?!? I'm guessing she wants a new horse or something!

Guess I'll be PayPal'n KG some dough on Monday and taking the wheels off the horse trailer at least until I can return and find some flaw in what ever fancy pants nag she has her eye on! Smile

My previous plan was to tell her that Youell was getting to old to lug that satchel of cards himself, that Ben was coming all the way from Canada to teach me bottoms and that Kent had added yet another phase to his Fun Shop routine that needed my approval!

Hopefully she won't remember that Dorian is up there since I think she may still have a crush on him from when we met him at Misdirection's a couple years ago!

Gonna be a BLAST!

MMc
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » 2009 Golden Gate Gathering (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL