The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » 2009 Golden Gate Gathering (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
Looking forward to this years convention. Kent and team ROCK. I won't be able to make it up until Friday morning, but I'll be there. See you there.
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4901 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hay Scott,
We should Steal be up then! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5901 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Tom Frame was sharing some of his gems and killing guys with them! Look up his lecture notes if you are not at the convention. His thinking is diabolical!

Same goes for Steve Youell. His lecture was filled with brilliant insights in "elegant design" for magic... and always a riot to witness!
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4638 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
This is awesome.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3390 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Yep, having a great time.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
Extreme late night sessions with the Masters! Incredible magic that is blowing away young and old. The lectures have been right on the mark. Steven Youell's crazy endless decks of cards. Howard Hamburg's hilarious stories with Vernon, Steve Dobson's Q&A with Jerry Andrus and the unstoppable JC Wagner who lectured til nearly midnight.

Oh THEN the sessioning began!

Did I mention the part about second deal heads up match while chugging? And Dave Neighbor's Fusion Aces making people cry? And the evil Victoria Secret model pretending to be hotel management? But we won't go into those right now. I guess you had to be here!
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3390 Posts

Profile of gaddy
David Neighbor's coin magic was like seeing magic again for the 1st time.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
If you liked seeing me pull my head off (Peter Loughran's Headrush) at the convention, you might love my new effect also marketed by Peter Loughran called Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERjYXcIMu84

If you are still at the conference and have qusetions about it, let me know.

MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Seeing Scott lose his head was PRICELESS!

I could go on and on about this convention but I'm still seeing double and my mellon is throbbing at the moment!

MMc
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4901 Posts

Hi Gang,
and Gaddy thanks so much man! Smile And Yea Fusion Aces is in print! ( See I don't just do Coin magic! Smile ) J.C. Said In all the years I have know I have Never Seen You do A Card trick! " So I had To do two things ( With Cards) for him!
It's just that You don't have That Much time at a magic Con So you do what you do best! SmileSo I had a Killer time, And I hope to be back year!!! SmileOk Latter Gang!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

I had nick named Dave the "Monsta Donsta" of coins before I had met him but now seeing him in action I don't believe the name is strong enough!

Maybe the UNFLIPPIN BELIEVABLE MONSTA DONSTA of coins and Slammin MamaJama with da paste boards ta boot!

Hope you made it home safe man,

MMc
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4901 Posts

Hi Mickey,
Thanks so much Man! It was great to meet you too! Yea I got home OK!
Now I just have to Sleep For the next few days!!! Smile I did Not Think I would Ever find Any Magic Con. that came close to the 4F. Magic con! But this one did!!! Smile
YEA!!!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
Hey thanks Mickey! I've never been compared to a MasterCard before. I appreciate the comment and glad you enjoyed it. It's fun to mix up the knuckle busting card and coin stuff with some shock illusions.

Dave, you are the MAN. It was a blast sessioning with you into the wee hours of the morning. Very fun.

David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4901 Posts

And Thanks to you Semo! Glad you liked it!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
milesg
View Profile
Regular user
(of experimental medications)
160 Posts

Profile of milesg
Wow! I don't know how to say all that I want to say without writing a full book on my experience. The Gathering was AMAZING! I had so much fun, and learned a LOT. Everyone who I hung out with was so friendly and helpful.

I arrived at the GGG sick and tired; having just returned from a long vacation on an airplane full of coughing and wheezing passengers two days before. Even though I couldn't keep myself awake long enough to session into the wee hours of the morning or take as many notes as I should have during the lectures, the whole event was well worth it. I hope to join in next year with my health regained and plenty more material to test-out and share with everyone.

Howard Hamburg's stories about The Professor were so great, I think I enjoyed his lecture most of all.

J.C., Jack, Steve & Steve2; I came away with great material from all of your lectures. Thank you so much!

David's coin work: Was everyone else as dumbstruck by David's performance as I? Or was my brain doing such a somersault that it couldn't process sound? Amazing work man! Thank you for your lecture.

Unfortunately I had to drive back down to SB before Mr. Kohler's lecture. There were several occasions where I had an overwhelming urge to do a U-turn on the highway. Thanks bob for the advice and information you gave me when we had met earlier. I look forward to talking with you again soon.

Kent, Mickey, Kim, Gaddy, Dude with eye on back of head, Several other people who's names I'm forgetting. It was great hanging out with all of you! It was a truly wonderful group and an unforgettable experience. I seriously felt choked up as I was leaving.

Thank you to Dorian, Kent, and Theron for organizing such a great event!
manreb
View Profile
Special user
665 Posts

Profile of manreb
I just want to say thank you to everyone who attended the GGG for their acceptance and camaraderie. It was bar none the best time I have had at a magic convention. It was non-stop wonder sharing, and just plain fun.

From the moment I walked up to the registration desk and met Kent who took the time to introduce me to everyone who came to the desk, to sitting across from Dave Neighbors who absolutely caused my brain to turn summersaults, the man is unbelievable.

In between, I met some wonderfully friendly sharing people. Howard Hamburg who possesses a child like quality and enthusiasm for his art coupled with a desire to share that is fabulous, J.C., who is a delight to be around. The guy with the linking rings (whose name escapes me) put the magic back into the rings and others to numerous to mention.

Kent, to you and the people who spent time and energy putting GGG together I want to just let you know that I appreciate the time and effort it takes to put this together. Thank you.

Please sign me up for next year.

Joe Berman
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Joe, David, Miles, Mike et. al.

Dorian Rhodell, Theron Schaub and David Nelson are the team behind the scenes. All three had to miss lectures, sessioning hours and time with their pals to make this thing come off. They are the heart and soul of the convention.

I thank them once again. For those who choose to return, remember to thank them directly.

Steven Brooks and Bob Kohler were kind enough to make very generous donations of their valuable products so each attendee, (ok almost everybody got one), left with a bag of swag. Thank you Steve and Bob.

Will Chandler of the Magic Garage showed up as an attendee. We did not have a sound system, backdrop or lighting. He VERY generously left the convention and came back with the most professional set-up I've ever seen. He let us use those items for the entire convention. Thank you Mr. Chandler.

Our dealer room, Mr. Byron Walker added to the atmosphere we strive to maintain at the convention. He brought in books conventioneers requested from his massive sale-ready stock. Thank you Byron. It is always a joy to see you!

Quick segue . . .

Someone on another website wrote that he thought a routine I do was from another magician. To ensure I hadn't inadvertantly re-invented the routine I asked Byron if he had the routine, in print. Byron made me a gift of the April 1951 Wizard magazine issue that trick appeared in. You know you have some pull when one of your buddies can make the correct issue of an obscure magic magazine appear out of thin air.

Thanks to all who attended. It was the time of my life!
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Profile of christiancagigal
I wish I could of been there =(
Next year...

C
"Besides the known and the unknown, what else is there?"-Harold Pinter
www.christiancagigal.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Byron ROCKS!

I was able to fill some gaps in my library as well as score some old JC Wagner notes from a 1985 lecture and the Gypsy Curse variation notes! I was also quite nice to have my Commercial Magic of JC Wagner book signed by JC!

I will be back,

MMc
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3754 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Wow, what a three day adventure this years GGG turned out to be. Smile

Other than avoiding Olga and her relentless crew of KGB agents there was much to celebrate about this years gathering by the bay.

The insanity of card master and buddy Steven Youell, the creativity of underground legend and long time buddy Tom Frame (who seemingly vanished without a trace), the kindness and generosity of Howard Hamburg and Steve Dobson, the energy and enthusiasm of David Neighbors, J.C.Wagner and my dear friend Jack Carpenter and finally all the great thinking and sound advice from friend Bob Kohler - who could really ask for more?

Well friends, there was more and plenty of it!

Sessioning and general camaraderie could be found around every corner one might wander and as per the previous two years - no arrogant magic snobs and no pesky clicks!

Seeing old friends and of course making new ones (Calvin aka Kato and Wing aka Ken - you guys rock!) I had a great time and looking forward to the next GGG which I understand will now take place outside the Soviet Union. Smile

Dave Egleston - Thanks so much for letting Jack and I use your laptop, the second Carpenter DVD will now be released sooner than expected!

Mike Peterson and Tom Cutts - Thanks for always being there - you guys are the best.

Finally, thanks to Kent, Dave, Dorian and Theron for their hospitality and work in making this all possible - you guys are the best! Smile

P.S. Great swapping Navy stories with my new buddy MickeyPainless - looking forward to next year!
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » 2009 Golden Gate Gathering (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL