We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Kranzo's "Diction" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Check this out on Nate's site. For me, it's exactly what I've been looking for.

http://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/collect......n-kranzo

Techniques for the modern thought reader.

Imagine having in your pocket a powerful demonstration of thought reading. Perform one on one, or on the largest stage.

A thought reading demonstration with a pocket dictionary. Over 35,000 words.

Perform impromptu mentalism with any borrowed magazine or novel.

Diction. The real work.

What could be more innocent than a pocket dictionary? Not to mention it has over 35,000 words and definitions! Impressive?! IF I pulled out a book you have never seen before you might be suspect, but this innocent and handy pocket dictionary is completely normal and examinable! Not to mentioned it is a Webster’s New World Dictionary, which is the most common commonly recognized dictionary in the WORLD.

Diction can be performed for one person at the coffee shop or for 800 people in a theater. It is a combination of several old ideas with some new subtleties to give added practicality, a contemporary look, and an off the cuff feel to it. Several subtle techniques are combined to create an unexplainable feat of mentalism.

Effect

You introduce Webster’s pocket dictionary containing over 35,000 defined words. You have a page selected by people choosing random numbers. No cards, dice, or props of any kind are used to select a page in a contrived way. Lets say page 42 is selected. The person holding the dictionary is asked to turn to that page. The performer can now instantly reveal AT LEAST TWO WORD REVELATIONS FOR ANY PAGE SELECTED. Not only that but the performer can even give details about the word and even full definitions!

What you get….

1. The most important prop is this Webster’s New World Pocket Dictionary. Note that this dictionary is ideal for carrying in your pocket and repeat use. It is NOT a paperback. Unlike most paperback dictionaries it won’t fall apart and become warn quickly due to its plastic cover. Feel free to toss it in the audience if you like. It will take a good lickin’. It can also be examined.

2. That special something for the dictionary test. You’ll understand soon.

3. The DICTION instruction booklet.

4. BONUS ROUTINE Emotional Reaction Book Test. Inspired by Larry Becker, Dany Tong, David Hoy, and Dai Vernon.

All this for the amazingly low price of $44.95

ONLY 500 PRINTED!!!

Get yours before they run out. This is a piece of mentalism that will be used by many for years to come.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7326 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The worst demo I have ever seen. Why bother.
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
I don't think I'd go for this one. Could be just me but a dictionary just comes across as something that is not as random as say a standard novel. There's an obvious order to things in a dictionary which might give specs a feeling that its somehow easier for you to get the word.

I'll wait for Chris's review on this one I think.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I believe something was released through Elmwood Magic very similar to this.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4069 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
On 2009-04-30 17:00, magicman4646 wrote:
I believe something was released through Elmwood Magic very similar to this.

By choice & chance is an excellent effect using a Webster pocket dictionary & a pair of dice.

I'm wondering if Diction uses the same method without the dice?

I also wonder about the spectators being able to choose"random" numbers, can a page number simply be called out?

Mike
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
This is what jumped out to me:

"The most important prop is this Webster’s New World Pocket Dictionary. Note that this dictionary is ideal for carrying in your pocket and repeat use. It is NOT a paperback. Unlike most paperback dictionaries it won’t fall apart and become warn quickly due to its plastic cover. Feel free to toss it in the audience if you like. It will take a good lickin’. It can also be examined".

It ships May 14th. It's only $44.95, so...I'll take the plunge. I've been looking for something like this for a while now, which I guess is why I'm excited about it being a common dictionary.

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4848 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Ad says -

No cards, dice, or math of any kind are used to select a page in a contrived way.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4929 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
That could also mean riffle force.
James

Quote:
On 2009-05-01 03:49, Kjellstrom wrote:
Ad says -

No cards, dice, or math of any kind are used to select a page in a contrived way.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
baggins321
View Profile
Loyal user
United States
220 Posts

Profile of baggins321
What exactly is meant by two word revelations? Does that mean if a random person says page 42 you can name two words that are on the page? If so then no thanks. that's just a memory feat. However if the person can name any random page out loud, go to that page, and choose any word and think of it, and you can reveal their word, I'm interested.
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
I agree with baggins321. It would be cool if the spectator got to choose the word instead of the magician just memorizing two words from every page. That is still a feat in itself but as stated above, it is more of a memory test.

I also agree with pegasus. I really don't know what is happening to magic demo's these days but that video gave me less information than the product description.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
As I and others have written in our releases. It is always a weak point when the performer knows the page number. Audiences are smarter now a days. Hearing a page number can bring up thought of memorized pages or cue lists.

I am not knocking this effect, it could be excellent. I just tend to shy away from any book test where you have to have spectators call out the page number. When the person does it gives a possible solution.

Devin
Sleeveless
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Sleeveless
http://www.amazon.com/Websters-New-World......64561472
$5.99 plus Tarbell 6 'Sid Lorraine's Dictionary Message Reading.'
But I'm sure you all new that, right?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7326 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Look forward to your review Christopher.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2833 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
This is similar to Paul's By Choice And By Chance in that it uses a very similar dictionary.

The dice idea is cool but just not my style. I DO think Paul's effect is great, practical, and commercial. There are a couple of other pocket dictionary effects out there that are worth tracking down as well. The Working Mentalist's Dictionary by Carlyle is one of them and very highly recommended.

Herbert Milton used the dice for a Telephone Directory test almost 70 years ago and the concept is much older. I mention Paul's great effect in the booklet that comes with Diction and I go into the history of the effects that are similarly done with Dictionaries and Telephone Books, and different techniques used etc.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Here's a good photo of the dictionary in the hand:

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/inc......em=11587

Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2833 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On 2009-05-03 03:57, Andi Peters wrote:
I'm going to wait until Mr K sells these with 80% off on ebay like with Mental Frisbee.

Hi Andi,

I see your point. I learned my lesson. BIG MISTAKE. I really screwed up but it will not happen again. You have my word. Guaranteed!!! Please forgive me.

Mom will you forgive me? Love you mom! Happy Mothers Day!

Andi I'll do you one better. How about 100% off! : )

Lets have a little contest. A FREE Diction BOOK TEST Shipped ANYWHERE in the world to the first person who can name the first book test I ever performed.

Here is a hint. It was created in the late 1950s.

Good Luck!

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2833 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On 2009-05-01 11:13, Sleeveless wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Websters-New-World......64561472
$5.99 plus Tarbell 6 'Sid Lorraine's Dictionary Message Reading.'
But I'm sure you all new that, right?

Hey there!

I LOVE Sid's idea found in Tarbell. BUT I must say it is NOTHING like DICTION. Sid's effect uses a heavily gaffed dictionary. While I would encourage anyone to look this up as it is a fine test it is NOT anything like Diction. Just didn't want anyone to be confused.

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I'm going to guess, Al Koran's Dictionary Test. Smile
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2833 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hi Doug,

How ya been man?

Koran's test is great and a good guess.....but not the correct one.

A little more about Diction.

Diction is based on the work of some great minds like Ray Hyman and several others combined with practical additions I discovered through real world performances. More importantly...I have provided you with the perfect tools to carry a monster mental effect in your pocket.

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1212 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
C.L. Boarde book test?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Kranzo's "Diction" (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL