The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Kranzo's "Diction" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
Just got this in! Order now from your favorite dealer world wide!
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1074 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Ah that must be The Wizard's Manual by Hilford.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Just orderd mine, Looking foward to this one as I perfom book test at walk around gigs, Smile
Twitter @darjames
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
I got lucky and Nate sent me one to look at. I've been working on a presentation and performed this last night several times. It is perfect for strolling because you can involve multiple people and all you need is the dictionary, a Sharpie and something to write the word on. Using a business card you write the info on that and...give that away for them to keep.

I like the use of the Dictionary because everyone knows that. It's not gaffed as in the effect I had been using, so that was appealing. I like that they hold the Dictionary while others help choose the page without using cards or dice or math equations. All those are fine methods and many Pro's use them. I just wanted to have something that fit walk around and didn't involve computations.

The booklet goes over quite a bit of history. What Nate has done is taken ideas from different folks and brought them up to date for a very clever, dead easy, book test.

Nate included a wonderful subtlety form Sandy Marshall that gets another person involved. The more people you can involved in something like this the better the entertainment value.

With some extra work for a show, you could add more books. And have them freely pick anyone. I like things very streamlined, so just the Dictionary works for me.

I could have written about this within 15 minutes of getting it, but for effects like this I think it warrants rehearsing and performing it. More an more I'm starting to ask folks if they performed something when they give their opinions.

You could perform Diction is a show, walk around, table hopping ( great way to give out a business card ). It fits in a pocket in your suit or trousers, so it's a pack small play big effect that leaves a strong impression on them.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3815 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Christopher, you may have swayed me to pick this one up. Hmmmmmmm.
bigmike
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of bigmike
Nate,

Was it U.F. Grant's Dynabook test?

Mike
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2833 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hi Mike,

Nope its not U.F. Grant's Dynabook Test...

Another great guess though! : )

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Nate sent out his newsletter tonight and it said " this summer Kranzo Magic will be releasing a think a drink effect called "Drink". Random people who order Diction get it free".

It's a download called "DRINK" the Think a Drink Anagram.

It's not on the site yet and I know zero about it. Nate?

shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
Was it Annemann's booktest from his One Man Mental Act?

Shanester
omeech
View Profile
New user
London, UK
63 Posts

Profile of omeech
Sounds excellent.

I have a few queries:
- is there any reset?
- can you repeat it for different groups with different words?
- can you have more than one person in each group choose a word?

thanks in advance,

Oliver
--
Oliver Meech
Creator of Drawn In, The Plot Thickens and Plot Twists
"wildly creative" Genii Online
jayder
View Profile
Regular user
scotland
196 Posts

Profile of jayder
Hi Nathan, Could it be Homicide by OUTLAW as the book says it's supposed to be created in the 50's.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
This sounds very interesting and for the price I believe you really can't go wrong. I may just have to get it as well.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Thanks for the review Christopher, It's just a matter of time till I get to perform it as well. Smile
Twitter @darjames
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2009-05-19 05:48, omeech wrote:
Sounds excellent.

I have a few queries:
- is there any reset?
- can you repeat it for different groups with different words?
- can you have more than one person in each group choose a word?

Based on my observations, I'll answer, but Nate is the expert with this and may have other thoughts on whether or not you should do some of these things.

1) No reset

2) Yes, it can be done for different groups with different words. There's 35,000 words in the dictionary, but you don't have that range of course. It's contained to a manageable amount for the performer.

3) You could have more than one person choose a word.

In my opinion, mentalism is more effective when it isn't done as a stunt or a trick. Less is always more. For a group, I wouldn't do this or any one single effect multiple times. That invites people to want to change the conditions of the effect.

Perceptionist
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Perceptionist
Thank you Christopher for providing more details. You mentioned that the effect requires a Sharpie and a biz card (or slip of paper) to write the word on. I currently use Mark Mason's impression device trimmed to fit into a standard dictionary. If Nathan's approach is different, let me know (without tipping, of course). I just want to be sure Diction is a suitable alternative. Thanks so much. Mark
Mark Zust, The Perceptionist. "Changing the world, one mind at a time." Speaking, Training, Entertaining.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1143 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Quote:
On 2009-05-19 13:55, Perceptionist wrote:
Thank you Christopher for providing more details. You mentioned that the effect requires a Sharpie and a biz card (or slip of paper) to write the word on. I currently use Mark Mason's impression device trimmed to fit into a standard dictionary. If Nathan's approach is different, let me know (without tipping, of course). I just want to be sure Diction is a suitable alternative. Thanks so much. Mark

The prediction does not have to be written down at all. I had it shown to me two ways....both times I looked at the word and didn't reveal anything. Once it was written down for me on a napkin. The other time, it was just revealed by talking about the attributes of the word I was thinking of.

Just put my order in for one. Treating myself to a birthday present.
Perceptionist
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Perceptionist
Thanks, Michael. This helps a lot. I think there is a "birthday present" in my future as well.
Mark Zust, The Perceptionist. "Changing the world, one mind at a time." Speaking, Training, Entertaining.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Nate

Was it Gene Urban's book test?

Andi
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18107 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm busy with a few things at the moment, but I'm gonna order at the end of the month - sounds excellent...
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2833 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hey Guys!

Thanks for answering my questions for me Chris!!! Were you lucky enough to get one of the free Drink gaffs?

I'll let you know a little more about it. Its a very cool no prop "thought of drink" revelation. It can be combined with a full routine where they think of an entire meal along with the price (this has become a popular mentalism plot) with other items or just have them think of a drink etc. It will be released very soon as a download and/or a physical product.

The gaffs are merely training tools used to practice the effect but once you've mastered it no props of any kind are necessary.

All great gueses but still no winner! I'll give it another day and then add another clue. : )

Later,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Kranzo's "Diction" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL