The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Grizzly bear is best man at wedding (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
For those on the forum who love the bear stories (you know who you are):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopi......ing.html

[StoneUnhinged, I assume you are married ... ever think about renewing your wedding vows at a rewedding ceremony?]
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Well, if I ever renew my wedding vows, and should a bear be involved, I think I'll do without the cake.

Check this part of the story out:

"He understands exactly how I'm feeling for example when I am sad he's very sympathetic and even gentler towards me.

To see these characteristics in an animal is an amazing thing and I think it's important to educate people about grizzly bears."

Right.

Next time I'm feeling down, I'll go looking for a bear to comfort me.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5021 Posts

Profile of landmark
Hmm, the accompanying picture shows the happy couple . . . but where's the bear?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2009-04-30 18:09, balducci wrote:
For those on the forum who love the bear stories (you know who you are):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopi......ing.html

I can't help it. I just keep thinking about Zeigfried and Roy and Mon...oh, I forget his name. The white tiger.

And I think about that lady recently with the chimp who tore her friends face off...
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I always found Missi Pyle to be sexy as heck.

I like bears and want to see one in the wild but I'm scared it will eat me and thus hurt the animal.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Bears are awesome animals to play with.
I was lucky enough to work at a zoo that was raising some juvenile grizzlies. There were two mid sized ones, about 250lbs or so that needed to get exercise regularly to stay healthy and build up their muscle for adulthood.
That meant we got to wrestle, play fetch, tug of war, hide and seek...I had way too much fun with the little guys. Nothing like being affectionately tackled by an apex predator that wants to cuddle. It is amazing (And yes...scary as heck!)
I have seen a lot of bears in the wild, both from the safety of a car and on foot. Never really felt any real danger. For the most part, they want nothing to do with us. As long as you don't surprise them it usually works out fine.
I haven't been eaten yet!
Gwyd
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-05-01 08:36, gsidhe wrote:

As long as you don't surprise them it usually works out fine.

The key word is 'usually'. It only takes one not so fine incident to really bum a person out.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Notice I never said you should trust a bear...In the wild I still try to keep a distance.
And I would NEVER trust a Junkyard bear...One that habitually eats from a landfill or begs from the roadside. These bears are too acclimated to humans without any respect for them. Those are the dangerous ones.
Or moms with cubs.
Gwyd
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
I guess I've not mentioned this, but I actually know a person (well, an acquaintance of someone I know) who lived with grizzlies in Kamchatka.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFyWaVmMbyw

Watch the video, you can see him interacting very closely with grizzlies in the wild.

There have been some documentaries about him on PBS and elsewhere. You can google search for them if you are so inclined.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I love that documentary about the bear guy in Alaska who was eatin, along with his girlfriend, by bears....

I saw baby bears once in the Smokies but knew better than to go near them, I figured momma bear was in a bush vibrating with anger waiting for someone to approach. When I was a lil' pup we went to Yellowstone (my only trip there!) and bears of some sort were at the car. We tossed 'em donuts and then oreos and just as we ran out another car full of food rolled behind us and the bears went to them and we pulled off. I have this image of our leaving, their running out of food, and the bears going bear on them.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
No cookies? Fine. Today we have people for lunch.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
ursusminor
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
443 Posts

Profile of ursusminor
Quote:
On 2009-05-01 08:36, gsidhe wrote:
For the most part, they want nothing to do with us.

And who can blame them?

Bjørn
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."
- Winston Churchill"
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Back to your cave, Bjørn.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Xaethia
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
124 Posts

Profile of Xaethia
Haha
"Technique beats skill. Psychology beats technique. Philosophy beats all. Think about it." CrdShk
ursusminor
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
443 Posts

Profile of ursusminor
Quote:
On 2009-05-03 19:51, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Back to your cave, Bjørn.

John

You know, I do feel a sort of "kinship"...

Bjørn
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."
- Winston Churchill"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Grizzly bear is best man at wedding (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL