The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » The New polish Magic Opener (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
chefmagic
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of chefmagic
I never implied that your book cover was vulgar, I merely stated that someone could could.
I never attacked the cover of your book for the record.
Mike

Magic Legacy - Low prices on great magic!
www.magiclegacy.net
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Quote:
One could also look @ the cover of your book and call it vulgar with the naked women. I am not saying it is but to each his own.

The implication is clearly there, in spite of the subsequent disclaimer. If you did not intend to imply it was vulgar, why on earth would you suggest it in the first place? Making such statement makes no logical sense otherwise.

One could also ask if you still beat little children to death. I am not saying you do, but to each his own.

One could also ask if you rape little old ladies. I am not saying you do, but to each his own.

Is it not clear now? What part of "insulting implication" do you not understand?
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
chefmagic
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of chefmagic
But a picture is worth a thousand words. I am not the one with the book cover that has as you stated women or children.
Mike

www.magiclegacy.net
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
What? Your response is incomprehensible. The book cover that you find so objectionable that you have to continue to harp on it is one available through Lulu. It is a painting, my titillated friend. You seem obsessed with the painting that contains a lot of symbolism including a partial illustration of a nude woman. The picture is in no way vulgar unless you have the sensibilities of an Ashcroft, and then it is within your own mind that any obscenity exists. It is your own interpretation that makes such images obscene. The psychological implications of this are interesting. If you are aroused by the cover of my book, you have my pity, but not my understanding. The image is in no way suggestive and contains no erotic content. If you cannot get past the image of the woman then I suggest you seek psychological counselling.

I quote your latest response:

Quote:
But a picture is worth a thousand words. I am not the one with the book cover that has as you stated women or children.
(Emphasis mine)

I should like to point out that it was YOU who brought up the cover and the image of the woman, not I.

This is a forum that should deal with humor, and this just isn't funny. However, for some unfathomable reason you seem obsessed with the image on the cover of my book. On second thought, this fact does seem risible.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
thorsten dankworth
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of thorsten dankworth
And I thought we talk about the video of a rip-off of an old act and not about a book cover....Smile
But maybe everything about that video has been said already....
chefmagic
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of chefmagic
Did you read the entire post. Ideas to do in dirty strip tease bars, Some one asked for help so I tried to help him by giving him ideas. Just like the post that needed help with a publicity stunt and I recomended the blind fold drive, but you did not put that post up.. I don't see the problem with helping people out. I did not come up with these routines nor did I manufacture them. So I think if you have a problem with them take it up with the creators. So basicaly you are calling everyone that posted has an obsession?

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=5
Mike

www.magiclegacy.net
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
No, Mike, I'm not saying everyone who posted has an obsession, but then, not everyone who posted is harping on my book cover. That seems to be an obsession. It is wonderful that you wish to help someone. Fine! Great! That is commendable. I did not reference the blindfold drive (which I thought was a very good suggestion) because it was not relevant to the discussion of the "nude" on my book cover. The point is, you objected to my book cover, but you see fit, yourself, to recommend certain sexually oriented magic effects that are both far more vulgar than my book cover could possibly be. That strikes me as more than a little hypocritical. My cover does not display pudenda, nor do I suggest reaching for the center portion of anyone's mammary glands. I think there is a vast difference between my book cover and the effects and actions that you propose.

Why don't we just let this drop, Mike. I have nothing against you personally, and I suspect you are really a decent guy. I was upset by your comment about my book cover, and I think we have both carried this further than it merits. Besides, I think everyone else finds little humor or interest in this.

Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » The New polish Magic Opener (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL