The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Looking for Jesus and the Thieves Feather Plume Set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
344 Posts

Profile of dlachance
Greetings everyone,

Does anyone know where I can find a Jesus and the Thieves Feather Plume Set.

http://www.lockfamilymagic.com/public/Vi......prID=631

Thanks,
Dorian
-Dorian LaChance
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
I purchased mine from lock magic. I just watched their web site until they were in stock. I believe it took me about 4 months for them to get them in stock. my 2 cents
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
344 Posts

Profile of dlachance
I have been watching for over a year.. lol

Ill keep watching
-Dorian LaChance
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
It is not the same, but you can get a used full plume set (made by Hughes Magic) from pro magician John Dudley in Bloomingdale or Bangor, Michigan. This is a full multicolor feather set, not the same effect as the Laflin set however. This set is from the estate of Bill VandeWerken or "Bilvan", it's a nice full set at an inexpensive price.
Doug Follett
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Doug Follett
You might send Rebekah an e-mail at Lock Family Magic. Since they are in the moving process, I think they are going to be shutting down late May or early June. They are not going to be open again until early fall if I remember their announcement correctly.

She may be able to help you find a set.

Doug Follett
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I purchased Laflin Magic's entire remaining stock of plumes right before they shut down. I had intended on getting enough to do a certain routine, but they closed up shop. I have several different plumes in various colors, but not enough to do what I had planned. Can anyone tell me how many plumes are used in the Jesus and the Thieves set? I may have enough for that. I would need to know the colors and type of plumes (stick or s****) used.

I would appreciate your help. I would like to put some of these plumes to use if I could. I bought them several years ago and they have just been in storage. In fact, I'll have to hunt them up before I even know what I have.

Thanks!

Regan
Mister Mystery
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
344 Posts

Profile of dlachance
1 White Plume
1 White Shell
1 Brown Plume
1 Brown Shell
1 Red Plume
-Dorian LaChance
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
According to the web-site

# Jesus and the Thieves Feather Plume Set $80.00

Includes a white plume, white shell, brown plume, brown shell, red plume, changing tube, and gospel routine by Duane Laflin. Plumes measure 16 inches, shells 14 inches, and changing tube is 17 inches.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks so much guys. I used to have Dwayne's feather plume video, so I vaguely remember the routine. I'm not sure what all I have but this might motivate me to start opening tupperware boxes!

I have several tubes that will work with Laflin's plumes, but I'm not sure which plumes I have. I know I bought several white plumes, and a couple reds but I'm not certain if they were sticks or shells. I do not think I had any browns though. I remember buying quite a few black ones too, so maybe I could sub black for brown?

Thank you guys for that quick response!!!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Doug Follett
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Doug Follett
First, I apologize that I spelled Rebecca Lock's name incorrectly above. Oops, sorry. According to their April newsletter, you might try contacting Duane to see if he can get you what you need. She said that during their summer shutdown, he may be able to get a limited number of items. He has two websites: Laflinmagic.com, and ChristianIllusionist.com. The product link on Laflinmagic.com still sends you to Lockfamilymagic however, so you'll probably need to contact him directly.

Doug
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
If you don't have brown plumes...you could use blue and say because of sin they "blue" it.
We are not cisterns made for hoarding, we are channels made for sharing. - Billy Graham
<BR>
<BR>Sharing the gospel with Comedy & Illusion www.ozandwilde.com
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
344 Posts

Profile of dlachance
Where is a good place to get single plumes......
-Dorian LaChance
Doug Follett
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Doug Follett
Try Rebecca Lock here:

http://www.lockfamilymagic.com/public/Vi......?caID=59

There are some singles listed that don't say "out of stock".

Better hurry though, I think they are getting ready to shut down as they are moving.

Doug
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Regan,

if you can make up the required plumes and shells in appropriate colours please let me know. Blue or black are fine as replacements for the brown

The video is on The Art of Gospel Magic dvd 2

Rob
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I do not have the plumes I need for this effect. However, I think I can do it with a little variation.

Here is what I have:

2 White Plumes
1 Black Plume
1 Black Shell
1 Red Shell

I have not found Dwayne's feather plume video yet, so I do not really remember exactly how he works it.

Start with Red Shell inside tube. Display 1 White Plume...1 Black Shell/White Plume.....1 Black Plume. White Plume goes through tube a couple of times to prove emptiness as the story is told. Then, Red Shell is picked up to represent Jesus blood. Next, the Black Shell/White Plume is run through the tube, White Plume emerges to represent the thief that got forgiveness. Last the Black Plume goes through and picks up the Black Shell to represent the thief that did not ask for forgiveness.

Like I said, without the video I'm not sure, but I believe the only real difference is that Dwayne's routine probably starts clean and mine will not. However, running the white plume through a few times at the beginning will suggest an empty tube, and I'll end clean, so I believe it might work. What do you guys think?

Regan
Mister Mystery
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
In Duane's Routine, you also start with a shell in the tube. It is at the end that tube can be shown totally empty. It appears empty at start by passing initial plume through several times.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Check my post on the FCM thread. Duane has some items he sells directly, through email or phone. He was very helpful in find another effect of his that is not listed on the Lock Magic website.
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
344 Posts

Profile of dlachance
Just heard from Duane and he says his daughter plans to have them available in July.....

All the best,
Dorian
-Dorian LaChance
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
According to his daughter, they will be closed until the fall, after they close this month. Hopefully she can get up and running sooner.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
And she's moving to Indiana or Illinois or someplace in the Midwest- looks like they will continue to be a popular fixture at Abbott's Get-Together, where Duane continues to do the "Magi-Ministers" lecture started out by FCMers so many years ago--- including by former FCM President John de Vries. We appreciate our Gospel Magic suppliers, writers and lecturers! I just purchased a silk fountain and DVD from Lock Family Magic, just a terrific ending for the "Blessings of Love" CD. Great stuff, the DVD is terrific. Dale Salwak did his "monster sized" silk fountain just a few weeks ago on Masters of Illusion, the same one taught on the DVD by Duane in great detail. If I remember right, I think Duane often does this monster sized version as well in his programs using the larger silks. Have a good night all, hope you had a nice Happy Mother's Day for sure today.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Looking for Jesus and the Thieves Feather Plume Set (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL