The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best impromptu trick with a shuffled deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
the sean
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Ontario
79 Posts

Profile of the sean
Hello all. I was wondering, what is the best impromptu trick done with a borrowed/shuffled deck? I was in the middle of performing a card trick the other day. I handed a stacked deck to the spectator, and asked her to cut the deck once. She just started shuffling and shuffling. After this, I realised I didn't really know any card tricks that were worth doing, since the deck was all shuffled now.
Anyways, that's my problem. Thanks for all your answers.
Sincerly: Sean

:bikes: Smile Smile
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
How about Daryl's 'Untouched' ?

Another good patter will be,'Well, that's a good shuffle.' By saying that to spectators, get the deck back, face up to you, and said 'Now the deck is really mixed, thank you very much. Would you like to see another trick?'

This will buy you some time for about 10 seconds to think or to set up the deck again without a whole stack. Besides Daryl's Untouched, other tricks I may think about get the deck again and with minimum set up as follows:

Reset (Paul Harris)
Ambitous Classics (Larry Jennings)
Oil and water Routine
Two Card Monte (simply four cards set up!)
Ambitious Card (Try to create your own version)
TRIUMPH (Dai Vernon)
LAS VEGAS LEAPER (Paul Harris)
CANNIBAL CARDS (Lin Searles)
TWISTING THE ACES (Dai Vernon) or Guy Hollingworth's version, if you know his method
DALEY'S LAST TRICK (Dr. Jacob Daley)

These are simply from Michael Ammar Easy to Master Card Miracles series, I hope that my little information can help you solve your anxiety towards spectator you believe that is hard to deal with.

Cheers

Smile
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Jay Sankey's "Back In Time" is my pick.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
406 Posts

Profile of Jay
As long as you are sure you have all 52 cards and 3 spectators, I would recommend John Bannon's Timely Departure. This is a very strong, shuffled deck impromptu card trick.

Jay Smile
Tom Gaddis
View Profile
Regular user
Maui
143 Posts

Profile of Tom Gaddis
Sean,

These are a MUST!

"Tony Chaudhuri's Feminine Side"
"Fair and Sloppy"
"Senator Crandall's Cut-up Card Trick"
all the above are part of The Ron Bauer Private Studies Series.

"The Lie Detector" (From L.I.N.T.)
"Devilish Trickery" (also from L.I.N.T.)

Hope that helps,

Tom
"The dumber people think you are. The more surprised they'll be when you kill them."
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Tom,

This is a MUST!

Stop giving my act away!

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
What I always do:

A Triumph or Ambtious Card, all the while culling out the 4 aces for Sleeve Aces and the 3 cards for Jumping Gemini, then cull out the red and black for Out of This World. =)

Honestly, if you can do just one trick with a shuffled deck, you should find enough time to cull out any cards you need for another trick. Then put them in the right spot, while casually shuffling.
Michaels
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of Michaels
Mating Agenda- Looking to publish it next year.
"Our technology is ahead of our humanity"
Albert Einstein
hitmouse
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of hitmouse
One of the impromptu versions of Out of this World. Much stronger effect if the deck has just been shuffled by a spectator.
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
Sean:

Where you at the middle of the trick or just starting the trick?

There are many "OUTS" that can be used...

Why don't we dig on what really happended and see what could have been the best OUT to use.

Mago Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
Pavlo
View Profile
Veteran user
Poland
306 Posts

Profile of Pavlo
I would say Out of Sight Out of Mind. My favorite one, Untouched, is ok too. Triunph, Whack Your Pack, Daley's Last One, Two Card Monte and Cards Across are good as well.
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Out of this World gets my vote.

Paul Cummins has 2 sets of notes out called FASDIU I and FASDIU II (that stands for "From A Shuffled Deck In Use"). Paul's stuff is really good and would be worth the money.
ME
Alpen
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
163 Posts

Profile of Alpen
Speaking of Out of Sight Out of Mind, I heard of an alternate shuffling sequence that was supposedly (dare I say) an improvement of the Professor's original. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Alpen
JC33
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of JC33
Paul Green has a simple two card transposition effect that he swears by. I saw it on one of the A1 Convention tapes. Aaron Fisher also has a few great impromptu tricks in his book. Most require quite a bit of practice though. Don't let that deter you. There is some great magic in that book.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
There are so many to choose from. One of my favorites is Quadraconvincing Triumph from The Complete Works of Derek Dingle.
MagicT
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1248 Posts

Profile of MagicT
I would take advantage of the situation. Since they are shuffling, and handling the cards, why not perform a trick in where you never touch the cards. The effect I strongly recommend is "Stop!" from Harry Lorayne's book Close-Up Card Magic.

Best,
Trini
Trini Montes
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Or Larry Jennings' "Impossible" if going the route of not touching the cards. Any ungimmicked packet effect that uses cards that you can remove from the deck such as Twisting The Aces, Daley's Last Trick, Oil & Water, etc, etc. I like everything everyone has mentioned so far. In this situation, I usually do a running overhand shuffle to quickly set-up for Paul Cummin's fantastic "Count On It."
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
kipling100
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of kipling100
You should check out FASDIU and FASDIU II.
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Oil and Water routine (at least the one I know) you can't shuffle, then the colors will be mixed again unless you just show the colors to everyone then do it. My favorite shuffled impomptu trick is Fearson's aces, though you can do it with any 4 cards. Another one that freaks people out is ( I forget the name) the one where the spectator selects a card and she predicted the top card.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
ebyrne
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of ebyrne
Where is the printed version of Out of Sight, Out of Mind available? I forget this trick, and would like to look it up again. Thanks,
Gene
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best impromptu trick with a shuffled deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL