The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » John Calvert Status (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
I spoke with John's wife Tammy this evening and she asked me to let everyone know that John is doing very well and that he is anxious to get out of the hospital. He had a very minor stroke, but is in full use of his faculties and it working hard in therapy to get back on the road. Before I began the official part of my interview with Paul Daniels today, he mentioned speaking with John and said that he'd told him that he was mainly upset because it had interfered with his tour schedule. (Thats dedication to one's art!) Tammy asked that I let everyone know how much John appreciates your thoughts and prayers and to tell you that he'll be out on the road very soon. I know that we are all looking forward to that 100th birthday celebration and performance in 2011!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

Profile of SeasideShowman
Thanks Dodd for helping to keep us informed. Praying for a speedy recovery for Mr. Calvert.

Cap'n Mike
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I didn't care if they were laughing at me or laughing with me ... as long as they were laughing" - Unknown
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I just spoke with Tammy, and she said John is doing well, although still in the hospital. They are in the Boston area, still far from their home in Kentucky. John is able to walk and has use of his hands, and although his progress is good, he is facing a tough recovery period.

Please keep these wonderful people in your thoughts and prayers.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
CircleCityMagic
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of CircleCityMagic
My best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Does anyone happen to know if he has officially cancelled future lecture dates?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I can't imagine John canceling anything. He is probably fighting the doctors to get back into the traces right now.

I do suspect that they may have to be rescheduled.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
mrmagician
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of mrmagician
In 1947, John Calvert was en route to Nashville to play the Ryman Auditorium. He was piloting his plane and it crashed in Nashville, due to faulty gauges and icing. He was the only one with a serious injury. He broke a leg. The doctor told him it would be a while before he could perform. He told the doctor to put a walking cast on - he had a show to do the next night. The doctor said, "No" and Calvert said he would find a doctor that would, if that doctor would not. That doctor was convinced to put a walking cast on John. His crew salvaged any props they could from the wreckage and borrowed props from magicians in the Nashville area. John Calvert hobbled onto the stage the next night, with a cast up to his hip and performed a show. He did not postpone because of disaster. He also suffered ship wrecks while navigating his yachts. I wish him and well and a speedy recovery.

Richard Hughes - you are correct. John does not cancel.

Garry Hayes / Nashville, TN
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
WOW! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
John Calvert is truly remarkable. I've no doubt he has no plans to cancel anything. Here's wishing him a speedy and full recovery.

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
My new FREE ebook on the classic Mismade Bill trick is ready for you:
https://funnybirthdayshow.com/mismadebill/
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
This is very sad news of John but knowledgeable of his dedication to the art and stage he will persevere. John and Tammy are foremost in my prayers and the sending of good vibrations for a speedy recovery.

Dr. Solar
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
MLDupree
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of MLDupree
Calvert is truly amazing wishing him a quick recovery.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
John has been released from the Hospital. He will spend a few days around Boston. A family member is coming to help drive them home to Kentucky.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Foxbiz
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
209 Posts

Profile of Foxbiz
Any recent news on John's recovery? I know he wants to keep his condition low key so I hate to call and ask.
Thanks,
Lynn Fox
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
John's doing well.. I just interviewed him and will have it online soon.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I spoke with both John and Tammy a few days ago, and he sounds good, and is recovering nicely. Good news to be sure!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Just posted my interview with John Calvert. He's doing well and expects to be out on the road performing very soon (as only John can do.) ENJOY LISTENING!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Matt Watts
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Matt Watts
That is great that he is doing well.
Foxbiz
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
209 Posts

Profile of Foxbiz
Has anyone heard of his current status?
Thanks,
Lynn Fox
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
He'd doing well. Nothing new to report.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I talked with John & Tammy a few days ago, and he was discussing plans for his next lecture tour.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » John Calvert Status (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL