The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » No more Bicycles from Costco? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Sam Weiss
View Profile
Loyal user
Stratford, CT should have more than
278 Posts

Profile of Sam Weiss
I got a 12 pack for $13 bucks a BJ's... not sure if they still have them but they were right there when I walked in the door.
"There's something that gets in your soul when you study magic,it's in your heart, and when you perform it comes across the footlights and into everybody else's heart..."
-Denny Haney
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2009-06-21 22:46, Bob Sanders wrote:....I can't say that I am encouraged about the outlook for the product in the future.

Check Dollar Stores too for cheap decks. My little town only has two stores. A Dollar General and a package store.

Sadly, analog decks will basically be a thing of the past 25 years from now. Will we be doing digital card magic??? Well, not me, I doubt I'll be here that long but still I wonder...???

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Still none at Costco in my town!

The up side is that I've been experimenting with a few other brands and Bikes may just become a thing of the past for me!
Sam Weiss
View Profile
Loyal user
Stratford, CT should have more than
278 Posts

Profile of Sam Weiss
Quote:
On 2009-07-25 14:05, MickeyPainless wrote:
Still none at Costco in my town!

The up side is that I've been experimenting with a few other brands and Bikes may just become a thing of the past for me!

Which brands in particular? Do you mean Bee or Tally Ho or something more unheard of... I'm interested.
"There's something that gets in your soul when you study magic,it's in your heart, and when you perform it comes across the footlights and into everybody else's heart..."
-Denny Haney
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Hi Sam,

As far as new to me, Arrco US Standard's are pretty nice! Buying in bulk from Kardwell gets the price down albeit not as low as Costco Bikes! I've always liked STUD but have yet to find bulk a discount supplier for them.

A lot of folks seem to be pretty satisfied with a few of the Ebay stores but I've yet to buy any there!

Seems I read once that there are discount stores in Ohio that sell Tally's for the same price as the Costco Bikes but I've never been able to find such a deal!

Good luck in your search,

MMc
dune
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of dune
Sorry I didn't see your post Magiguy, but the Costco I was referring to is in New York (Long Island.)

I haven't seen Tallys in brick and mortar stores for years and I miss 'em. I know I could probably go online somewhere to pick 'em up, but does anyone know of any retailer that stocks them?
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
My costco said they will have the cards again in a week!
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

There's a Costco in Puerto Rico? So much has changed since I was there in 76-77! Smile
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Yeah! There are like 5 all around the island. We have like all the major stores, best buy, walmart, kmart,marshalls you name it. Except we are just missing target stores. Smile
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
I just got back from, Walmart, CVS, Kroger(a grocery store) and WalGreens. I've been able to purchase great numbers of Bike decks from these stores in the past. I sent to buy a couple of packs of cards and NONE of them have any poker sized playing cards. No Pinochle decks. All Walmart had were the ProPeek decks and Jumbo index decks. CVS had their cheap house brand. Walgreens still has Studs, but no Pokersized Bikes.......what is the world coming to.....
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Mihai Iacob
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Mihai Iacob
Heh, in Romania the cheapest price for a deck of bikes is 8 bucks in the ONLY shop you can buy quality cards from.
dune
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of dune
Like Eric, I've found a world filled with Pro-Peeks, Jumbos and just about every specialty deck you can imagine. Standard Poker Bikes are getting harder and harder to find.

And my search for the elusive Tally-ho's? - fuhgetabouddit. I think I'll find a brick of Jerry's before finding Tally-Ho's.
Carlo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Francisco, California
244 Posts

Profile of Carlo
They're back at Costco in San Francisco.
Psychiac
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Psychiac
I too saw some Bicycles at Costco earlier today...perhaps this thread died out because everyone knows that already. The two boxes I purchased have the usual and familiar tuck case, which I mention only because I've seen some doubt and discussion about the card case being revised in other threads.
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
Alas, the Costco in southern California doesn't have them here Either
Beaulieu
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Beaulieu
I just bought some cards at CostCo Yesterday! (I am in Orange County, CA). It sounds like they are phasing back in.
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out" ~Bertrand Russell
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2009-08-31 13:57, Beaulieu wrote:
I just bought some cards at CostCo Yesterday! (I am in Orange County, CA). It sounds like they are phasing back in.

I hope so...
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Yes, Costco has restocked in most of their stores and although the brick box itself has changed and appears to be the new (UGLY) box design the actual contents are the old design! I bought a gross a week ago at a bit over 13 bucks per brick!
Beaulieu
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Beaulieu
I'm not complaining about the box! This is far better than buying decks at $3+ a pop at the local 711.

~Ben
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out" ~Bertrand Russell
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
I heard from a card expert who lectured at the IBM convention in Buffalo that the new plant at U.S.P.C. Co. is is now using a different method to stamp cut their Bikes, i.e. a straight up-and-down cut vs the slightly bevel-angle cut previously used. This makes intricate shuffles more difficult, according to this card expert.

Anyone notice a difference in the handling of the new Bikes?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » No more Bicycles from Costco? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL