The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Café Newbie with question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kwdaniel
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of kwdaniel
I saw Adam Wylie do a card trick on "Masters of Illusion" a week or so ago, and I'm trying to find the name of it so I can purchase it. Four cards, two 5s and two Kings. The two 5s are put in one volunteer's hand, which become Kings at the end.

Can anyone help me? Thanks.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Sounds like "2 Card Monte" which is a take on Eddie Fechter's "Be Honest, What is It".
kwdaniel
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of kwdaniel
I checked out the video for 2 card monte, and that's not quite it. Thanks.
Axelchen
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of Axelchen
Hi kwdaniel!
Welcome to the café!

hard to guess, but perhaps check dr. daleys last trick; usually done with red and black aces but could be performed with any two of a kind.

greetings,
Axel
kwdaniel
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of kwdaniel
That has enough similarities that I'll have to think about it. There was one change in Wylie's hands at end from Kings to 5s that isn't quite encompassed in Dr. Daley's Last Trick. But I like Daley's. Thanks.
Axelchen
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of Axelchen
You are welcome, my pleasure!

Axel
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
I think its a version of an effect on Gregory Wilson's Super Pasteboards.

Gil
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2009-05-10 14:39, kwdaniel wrote:
That has enough similarities that I'll have to think about it. There was one change in Wylie's hands at end from Kings to 5s that isn't quite encompassed in Dr. Daley's Last Trick. But I like Daley's. Thanks.

There are a number of variant handlings for the 'Daley' transpo. Also some gaffed ones that allow for an extra show after cards are in place, like Jon Allen's "Doubleback" or a version marketed by Mark Mason, the name escapes me on that one, might have been "Sidewinder".

Paul.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
It could be a variation of Dr. Dalely's Last Trick called Dr. Daley's Last Show available at http://www.penguinmagic.com . Do a search there for the demo and see if that's what you're looking for.
Magic is a vanishing art.
swamy
View Profile
Regular user
INDIA
159 Posts

Profile of swamy
Quote:
On 2009-05-11 10:42, Paul wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-05-10 14:39, kwdaniel wrote:

There are a number of variant handlings for the 'Daley' transpo. Also some gaffed ones that allow for an extra show after cards are in place, like Jon Allen's "Doubleback" or a version marketed by Mark Mason, the name escapes me on that one, might have been "Sidewinder".

Paul.

There is transposition effect from Mark Mason titled "SLITHER".
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Are you it was 5's and kings? Could it have been 8's and kings? Maybe Jon Allen's "Double Back"?
Adam Hince
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
509 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Correct. It was Jon Allen's "Double Back".

-AH
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
And if you don't have it, buy it...It's good...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Café Newbie with question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL