The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » SCAM 2010 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
rach18el
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of rach18el
I don't know who gave you this bad information but it certainly wasn't anyone from the SCAM convention. We received the numbers we were looking for. Lecture room was full, dealers room had excellent dealers, talent superb, you couldn't ask for better lecturers and talent, nice turnout at the gala show and more food than we could eat at the After Party. Nice family friendly atmosphere. We have already started working on the 2011 convention. You should try coming. Sounds like someone is trying to spread some bad rumors.

Helen
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
S.C.A.M. 2010 was a great convention. Harry Anderson's lecture was the most thought provoking lecture I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of lectures. It was great seeing some of my friends again, and even better making new ones. I look forward to next year's SCAM. The turnout was really great for both the convention itself and for the Gala Show.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
hefemexy
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of hefemexy
Hello everyone just made it back home safe with the family, and just wanted to send a warm thank you and great job to everyone. My wife and I and the girls really enjoyed the hospitality and atmosphere of the people there.
Okay, I give up what was your card?

https://www.facebook.com/lionsmagic

Look nothing up my sleeves, but you're not wearing sleeves

https://www.facebook.com/lionsmagic
rach18el
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of rach18el
Lion: I think you are being modest. As far as I know this is the first time that anyone has won first place in both the Stage and the Closeup Contest in the history of the SCAM Convention, you should be very proud of yourself. Congratulations. It was nice seeing your wife and the girls again.

Helen
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Sorry guys, no one is spreading rumors I was just asking the question. I was talking to a friend, who was at SCAM, and I asked him how it was, he said, "It was OK, attendance wasn't that great, but it was OK".

No one is starting rumors at all, it was just an off handed comment between 2 friends. I was just curious about the details.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
This is Bairefoot. I am glad your convetion went great! I think that I was the first person to win the stage and close-up at SCAM. Now if you are talking about in the same year I think that you are correct. I am glad to hear that your it was a success for you. By the way I got lucky and won the Close-up at The Magic On the Beach Convention. Well, hope to see you all soon. By the Way John Tudor did an excellent job in the Stage Contest.

Bairefoot
rach18el
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of rach18el
Bairefoot

Yes I was talking about the same year. Congratulations on winning the CloseUp
Contest.

Helen
rach18el
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of rach18el
The following people won awards at SCAM 2010 - South Carolina Association of Magicians Convention

Magician Of The Year - Gary Maurer - IBM Ring 349 - Hilton Head, SC

Stage Contest CloseUp Contest

1st Place: Lion Fludd 1st Place: Lion Fludd
2nd Place: Corey Haines 2nd Place: Keith Rainey

We congratulate all of you.
rach18el
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of rach18el
The following people won awards at SCAM 2010 - South Carolina Association of
Magicians Convention:

Magician Of The Year - Gary Maurer - IBM Ring 349 - Hilton Head, SC

Stage Contest

1st Place: Lion Fludd
2nd Place: Corey Haines

Close Up Contest

1st Place: Lion Fludd
2nd Place: Keith Rainey

We congratulate all of you.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Man it would be nice to have that Magician of the Year.

Congrats to all who won and for those that competed.

Bairefoot
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Wayne,
While our reaction to your question about attendance was a bit strong, you have to go back a couple of pages for the antics of a certain anonymous poster. Given that, any negative post containing false information and begins, "Word is..." is going to get a strong reaction.
My reaction to your post was not aimed at you but at the then-suspected source.
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
doormouse
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of doormouse
Jrob,
Your accusations are unfounded. Your apologies insincere and often made by others for you. Actions speak louder than words.
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
I would have had to have offered an apology for it to have been insincere, as I did not, your comment is meaningless. Secondly, NOBODY apologizes for me or on my behalf. If someone takes it upon themselves to I am not obligated to repudiate what I said, nor do I. Nor do I apologize to fictitious people which, as far as I am concerned, people who hide behind anonymity are. If you are claiming that I made some kind of apology to you then you have just admitted that you have been lying about your identity. If you have been lying about your identity then any apology I may have offered in the past is null and void as it was secured under false pretenses. So if you have been lying about your identity you might want to think long and hard before you respond.
Furthermore, anonymous(e), If you cannot see how your prior conduct would make you a suspect then I have no more time to waste with you. Nobody from SCAM went over to the MATB thread to insult or attempt to undermine it, The only one who posted on that thread at all was to correct misinformation that YOU posted. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as to whether or not it was deliberate.
I do have to admit that this been somewhat entertaining. The idea of being lectured to about sincerity by somebody using a phony name is too hilarious for words.
doormouse
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of doormouse
I read your post 3 times and it still makes no sense. I have no idea what you are talking about and I'm not sure you do either. I think you are foaming at the mouth.
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Have dates been planned yet so we don't end up with two conventions here in SC on the same weekend in 2011?
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
I sure hope they are NOT the same weekend. I have enjoyed SCAM for years, but I will be attending the other convention next year, so, I hope they aren't!
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
It seems with a little planning and friendly cooperation we can avoid this situation again...
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
It seems with a little planning and friendly cooperation we can avoid this situation again...
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Going to be discussed tomorrow night
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Ah, good. I've talked to quite a few people about it, and no one (that I spoke to) wants both events to be the same weekend.
Thanks...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » SCAM 2010 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL