The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Loop Holders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24089 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I use wire for my dove harnesses. I also wear a dove vest. I do not use a loop holder. But too many times the wire fell lose of being curled around my jacket while being away from my vest. I think it is about time I start using a loop holder to make it more secure. I understand we discussed that before in the past. But now I am looking for an update on who makes the best loop holder.
Alexo
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
112 Posts

Profile of Alexo
The best ones I've seen are Dan Sperry's and General Grants. They both give a secure placement but I think I prefer Sperry's
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24089 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Welcome to The Magic Café, Alexo. We are sure you will enjoy it here.

I never seen Dan's before. I might try his if no one recommends any more.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5006 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Mike, Dan's loop holders will work with both monofilament and wire loops. They hold the loop securely in whatever position you want.

Peter White from P&A silks makes a loop holder designed specifically for wire loops. I use Peter's for wire loops and Dan's for monofilament.
Where the magic begins
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24089 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I want to order Dan's Loop Holders at http://www.anti-conjuror.com/ But I do not see an "Add To Cart" for any of the items. Does anyone else see "Add To Cart" for any of his items?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5006 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Mike, look in the lower right corner of each item. It says "add to cart" At the top left of the page is says "view Cart"
Where the magic begins
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24089 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
No problem. Dan told me my (security) system must be set wrong. It is probably something dealing with my Firewall. Dan sent me a window giving me a shortcut. All clear.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Dyna mike, If you are using a dove vest, even the loop holders may not help your situation. If your jacket moves seperately from the vest, it may pullit from the holder, Your vest hugs to your body, as your jacket may be free moving with your movements of your body, so if you were to extend an arm per say, your vest will stay with your body as your jacket pulls away, and this may dislodge your loop from the holder, PM me and I think we can work it out by adjusting your vest to move with your jacket.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5006 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
If you use Peter White's holders, the loop cannot become dislodged. Dan's holder's are good but not as secure when using wire.
Where the magic begins
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks for this info guys!
Mister Mystery
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20494 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Once again, experiment with bobby pins and a pair of needle nosed pliers. You may like what you learn!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- I leave explaining what you are doing to your wife up to you! Good Luck!
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24089 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Oh, Bob, you just reminded me of something. In my box of dove items I have hair roll clips. Cut about a centimeter slit in the inside of the jacket. Slide the hair roll clip upwards in the slit (one metal piece in the slit the other piece out the slit). Attach the wire/line to the outside metal. Pull the dove out upwards so she will not get stuck in the hair roll clip.

All this time, (about two years ago) I forgot about that idea since I came back to post on the Café.

Why me? Smile
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5006 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Mike, have you seen General Grants DVD? This is how he suggests holding your loop in place. Maybe that's where you heard about it.
Where the magic begins
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
I use small pieces of scotch tape. One piece for each loop just inside of my jacket. They're never seen and they've never failed me. I have used it with both fishing line and metal loops.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24089 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Yep, Dave, you are right. Now I remember seeing it on his DVD. I do not know how I forgot about trying them for two years. That is something I will try and practice with this week.

RJE, I heard about that technique from another professional in this forum. In my mind I am afraid of the tape coming lose because I use a dove vest putting more pressure on the tape.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
It sounds like Peter White's loop holders and Dan Sperry's loop holders are similar, and very popular. Can you still purchase Peter's?

Regan
Mister Mystery
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5006 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Regan, yes you can. He doesn't list them on his website but if you call him, he'll quote you the price. As I've mentioned previously, Peter's loop holders only work with wire loops. Dan's work with both wire and monofilament. In my opinion, if you are using wire loops, Peter's holders are better but both are ok.
Where the magic begins
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Dave. I have not made up my mind yet as to wire or monofilament. I bought some of Andy's wire, but I am still in the infancy of my dove magic, so I am not certain yet. Knowing that Peter's work better with wire is great to know. Thanks!

Regan
Mister Mystery
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Regan,

You can actually just bend the wire loops over the lapel and jacket.

Been doing that for years.

G0THIKE
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks. I'm getting ready to experiment.
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Loop Holders (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL