The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Showmen's Special (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Utah_Showman
View Profile
Veteran user
Heart of Utah
350 Posts

Profile of Utah_Showman
Jeff Murray let me know about these audio cassette and
thought there may be showmen that are having a hard time
finding them.

TDK SEALED BLANK ENDLESS CASSETTE AUDIO TAPE

Great for Grind, Bally and other Midway Needs

http://www.sideshowworld.com/audio.html

John
Sideshow World
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Any PA amp/speaker, mp3 player set on repeat, end of story.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Ross , I only know how to screw in a 11S14 light bulb, How does one record on a MP3? I use CD's which I record off a cassette tape...cause I like the scratchyness of a cassette...However Iam having more and more problems finding CD players...So I would be interested in the MP3....Pardon my Electonic ignorance...Sincerely The Curator
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Utah_Showman
View Profile
Veteran user
Heart of Utah
350 Posts

Profile of Utah_Showman
The are a lot of shows that still use tapes.

Thought that there may have been some interest.
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
JR, I like the sound of tapes Better,this nw fangled stuff sounds too pure.. and the Bonus is the ole "Looptapes" broke more often thus keeping smucks like me in more practice...(CD's hardly ever go Bad).....
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Me too,,still useing tapes,,,
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Quote:
On 2009-05-12 23:00, The Curator of the Unusual wrote:
Ross , I only know how to screw in a 11S14 light bulb, How does one record on a MP3? I use CD's which I record off a cassette tape...cause I like the scratchyness of a cassette...However Iam having more and more problems finding CD players...So I would be interested in the MP3....Pardon my Electonic ignorance...Sincerely The Curator

To begin with, see my "how many ***s does it take to change a lightbulb?" page HERE

Then record whatever you like on your computer - use a mic, your favorite recording program (doesn't get a whole lot better than Audacity. It will export to mp3 if you wish, and you're home free. If you want, email me the file or (if greater than 1 meg) upload the file to some free file upload/storage site and I can get it, and I'll use my Adobe Audition (my expensive Christmas gift to myself a couple years ago) to try out some filters and whatnot to tweak the sound quality. Free, of course, but I can't guarantee to achieve precisely what you want - but I'll try.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Curator, My offer of a grind pitch still stands. I will put it on CD and even a file that you can put on one of those cheapie $50 ipods....works wonders and just re-charge everynight... No fail, As for sound quality--I understand what you are looking for. Its easy to do--Heck, I do it all with my little mac notebook.

In fact, drop me a line, and I will tell you how to convert your existing cd grinds to mp3 files and convert to ipod usage... Will save you in the long run and easy, easy, easy....

ciao
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Big Kahuna has figured this one out. The ipod shuffle was made for this.

I would have recamended this little item but its $180. https://www.gilderfluke.com/index.php?ma......ts_id=33

This is what would be used at airports, and theme parks it will never die, but its basically an ipod shuffle and I doubt that would die either.

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Fitz, that device looks pretty cool. The ipod shuffle is a good deal for $50 bucks and it looks like apple may be discontuiing them for a new version that's $79 bucks. The problem is though, that the controls are in the earphone wire. Not good for our application. So go to wal mart and plop down five sawbucks and get a shuffle.

The only drawback to the shuffle is that it has to be re-charged nightly. It runs for up to 12 hours
In my field testing, that bears out. It takes up to an hour every night to re-charge via computer.

As for sound...one can manipulate the sound for any taste..
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
The iPods are available on ebay. You can find the good ones for this use brand new for $30. The Gilder Fluke deal can be triggered my motion sensors, floor pads, and infrared beams. This could be useful for some applications like haunted houses, and other attractions. They also make full show control systems that would be very useful for things like the Girl to Gorilla. Man I wanna make one of those...

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Showmen's Special (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL