The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Through And Through" by Dan Hauss (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
AdamForman
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of AdamForman
Blaine performed it on the Jonathan Ross chat show in UK. Effect was using an acupuncture needle, which was pushed through the palm of his hand, piercing through the back. The audience visibly saw it potruding through and then breaking through the skin. Great illusion ! More interesting than needle through arm, as you are led to think it's real, because of props used (whereas needle through arm is less believable) Clever effect.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
This is my kinda thing...lay it out boys!

Nathan
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Looks like Dan Hauss has created an other diabolic illusion. I loved the one Blaine did one his show.

Daren
Twitter @darjames
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Dan was kind enough to show this to me a while ago. All I can say is D@MN.

I personally love this. Not sure if I have to stones to try it (yet), but it looks fantastic.

What you see is what you get guys. You stick a needle. Through. Your. Hand.

Geek magic of the highest caliber.

Sean
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Oh man. After reading the following two comments:

"This is for a hardcore performer, you are sticking a needle through your hand."
- Ted French

and

"Not sure if I have to stones to try it (yet), but it looks fantastic."
- Sean Fields

...I now have reservations about this effect. This is more than just an illusion, isn't it?
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
I cant wait for this one to arrive!!
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Will this be as good as Downfall- "One of Dan Hauss's finest effects to date"
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
I'm interested in this concept. Smile I hope the effects is versatile where pens, small needles and thread could be passed through the hands..
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Sounds like a good way to get an infection...
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Puts hand up very meekly and asks, "If you are really pushing an acupuncture needle through your hand how is that magic ?"

If a spectator decided to copy you could they ?

Should this be sold as an illusion or is it a physical stunt ?

Will there be age restrictions on selling this so that young teens aren't carting needles into school and it all has the potential to get a bit messy ?
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Gilgamesh don't be so negative please.

if you don't like the effect simply stay out of the conversation
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Gilgamesh isn't being negative, he's asking some questions. he never said that he didn't like the effect, where did you get that? at anyrate, I'd like to hear the answers myself
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-05-17 10:31, killermagic80 wrote:
Gilgamesh don't be so negative please.

if you don't like the effect simply stay out of the conversation

I haven't seen the effect and so can neither like or dislike it.

I can ask sensible questions about it before I buy can't I.
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Its great as long as you can ask questions about the effect as I did my self too.

but your whole attitude about oh it will be dangerous for the kids and maybe they will kill someone at school with the needle and so on is not worth at all.

ask as many questions as you want about the effect and then make up your mind wether you want to buy it or not
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
C'mon guys, it hasn't even been released yet.

Dan...Dan?? When will this be released? Looks really good.
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Geeze Gilgamesh asked a couple of reasonable questions and you lame bast him.
I don't think he was far off asking those questions they weren't negative.

Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Anyone who will read Gilgamesh's posts about the subject can clearly see that he is against that. and don’t answer me why? He has the right to ask questions e.t.c. its obvious.

As for the kids, according to your proposition, kids should not go to the cinema because there is too much violence on the films, they should not carry compass sets
because they may hurt somebody, they should not watch WWE e.t.c

if that’s what you want to say... oh yes life is very dangerous!
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I think the effect looks very cool but would also like those questions answered before I go any further with purchusing this when it comes on sale. Gilgamesh was on the money. At the end of the day, safety comes first. It's not worth getting an infection or something of the sort. If you really are sticking a needle through your hand, no matter how safely you do it, there is still a real danger that something could go wrong. I also think this is dodgy if younger people get their hands on it. Kids that go to the cinema and watch violent films arnt being taught how to shoot someone correctly. Where as, here we have somebody teaching people how to do the trick. Also, you know that as soon as it is out, there will be youtube exposure of the effect and if it is taught wrong or a younger magician thinks they know how its done without the proper instrucion, it could have serious consiquences. These questions should also be asked because you can bet your bottom dollar that before that trick begins, there will be a disclaimer. Discounting PaperCrane and Dan from any issues that may arise while doing it.

again, looks like a nice effect and I love geek magic but things should be considered as a matter of responsability.

Jamie daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Again we live in the 21st century. I havent heard any case of a kid swallow a coin and try to take it off his arm, or eat needles in order to take them off their stomach like Criss Angel did on his shows, where he is a person that lot of kids want to immitate.

you just over do it with the subject.

if you think is dangerous simply do not buy it and stay with other material, which there are a lot of good ones!!!
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
How are you going to relate illusions to actually sticking a needle through your hand? Do you know the risks of infection? Do you know how dirty your hand is and what happens when you puncture the protective barrier of your skin? Do you know people get limbs amputated because of infection? Or that infection is the main cause of death in hospitals?

I doubt you knew that and I doubt a 12 year old would know it either.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Through And Through" by Dan Hauss (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL