The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Through And Through" by Dan Hauss (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Would someone really release a effect where you are doing this for real? I can see allot of things that could go wrong, REALLY wrong if that's the case.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Let me enlighten you then. My nephew swallowed a coin after trying to imitate a trick I did for him. His mother took him to the hospital and they suggested a stomach pump! I would have just let it pass naturally, but the Doctor needed that insurance money!!

I think that passing a needle through your hand is stupid. Who cares if you are tough or can control pain. You are basically an idiot. All those tiny nerves needed for fine muscular control. Scar tissue will build up over time. No thanks.
James

Quote:
On 2009-05-21 07:48, killermagic80 wrote:
Again we live in the 21st century. I havent heard any case of a kid swallow a coin and try to take it off his arm, or eat needles in order to take them off their stomach like Criss Angel did on his shows, where he is a person that lot of kids want to immitate.

you just over do it with the subject.

if you think is dangerous simply do not buy it and stay with other material, which there are a lot of good ones!!!
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Newb2 try to read all posts and try to understant what I m saying.
a layperson will not unterstant sometimes what is an illusion and what is not. that's why I refered to Criss Angel. people when they see him doing these things a lot of them believe are real. but nowhere in the world there was an accident because they saw him do something "real". nobody had injured after seing Derren Brown doing the human blockhead on TV.

Xiqual this is not the effect to do for a kid. it was your mistake that you performed such a trick for your nephew. as for your refusal to buy this, nobody had push you to do it!!! nobody told you to buy it. so by posting that you will not buy it, nobody cares.
if I started getting on the discussions of other effects and say I will not buy this or that, it doesn't make any sense and anynobody cares what I buy or not!

there is a whole book of more dangerous effects called "Swammi Mantra" and nobody of you had compained about.

Guys please I don't want to continue such discussion. for the ones who don't like this effect, simply don't buy it. second thank you for your warning.

its an amazing demonstration and I cant wait like to find more about it!

best,
Neo
AdamForman
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of AdamForman
I agree. The fact that we're all discussing it pays testement to the fact that this is a great ILLUSION - which naturally is exactly what it is !!!! Great effect, can't wait to buy it.
cardlover
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of cardlover
Adam,
This is not an illusion!

Only one place in the hand that this can be done and I would imagine doing it over and over again would cause problems, even if you do accupunture for a living.

Now, if you do this on very rare ocations and under proper sanitation the risk for infection is minimized.
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Do we truly know its not an illusion or are we just making guesses based on two posts?

And

Killermagic80, its not Xiqual's fault. Why couldn't you do a bite out quarter for a child? I personally think the bite out quarter is perfect for children!
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Nico who said that Xiqual did bite out quarter??? I never seen this anywhere
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
219 Posts

Profile of Billman
You guys have to remember, dan is the king of gimmicks. If anyones has played with a mechanical pen you've probably pretended to shove the lead through your hand once or twice. I know I have. I'm not saying this is how it's done, but we don't even know any more about this effect than the very fact that there is a needle and a hand. I am sure when everyone first saw a pencil shoved through a dollar bill, you didn't quickly jump to the conclusion that there was a hole in the bill. I'm gonna wait to see what Dan's got for us here before jumping too fast to a conclusion on this.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Eric Ross just showed me through&ɥbnoɹɥʇ (check that out!) and it's a WICKED effect.

Not for the faint of heart, but this is something that looks SO real that there's no way it could be a trick in the minds of spectators...

Adding a piece like this to a close up set could really add that depth and excitement that only a stunt can.

For fans of Swami Mantra!!

Man, I can't wait for the video to learn ALL the ins and outs (pun-esque?) and just when I thought I could pin down Hauss' thinking... Smile

Nice work PCP! RESPEC.

D.
The EPIC 5 hour billet masterclass is now LIVE!
http://the1914.com
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Wow!! thanks for letting us know DeeChristopher! that would be really excellent! I cant wait for this to come out!
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
When the full demo comes out I think there will be no question what this is.
P3
practice practice perform.
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
When is the release of THROUGH AND THROUGH?
WALTHER
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
That is what I am wondering is the release date?
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I accept responsibility for not telling my nephew that it was only a trick and don't copy me. Believe me, I had to talk to his mother for three hours in the emergency room. I was just clearing up the fact that people [not just kids] imitate magicians.
you said you never heard of anyone swallowing a coin.

Sure, if you like the effect go ahead. I can tell you that I used to eat glass. I learned from Swami/Mantra. A few years later I was told by my dentist that I had scraped quite a bit of enamel off my teeth and needed a lot of bridge work. Taiwan has great medical insurance so the money is no big deal but the time in the chair is NOT fun.

I am sure you will say I am stupid and you know better and why don't I just shut up and go away. So I will.
James

Quote:
On 2009-05-21 10:33, killermagic80 wrote:
Newb2 try to read all posts and try to understant what I m saying.
a layperson will not unterstant sometimes what is an illusion and what is not. that's why I refered to Criss Angel. people when they see him doing these things a lot of them believe are real. but nowhere in the world there was an accident because they saw him do something "real". nobody had injured after seing Derren Brown doing the human blockhead on TV.

Xiqual this is not the effect to do for a kid. it was your mistake that you performed such a trick for your nephew. as for your refusal to buy this, nobody had push you to do it!!! nobody told you to buy it. so by posting that you will not buy it, nobody cares.
if I started getting on the discussions of other effects and say I will not buy this or that, it doesn't make any sense and anynobody cares what I buy or not!

there is a whole book of more dangerous effects called "Swammi Mantra" and nobody of you had compained about.

Guys please I don't want to continue such discussion. for the ones who don't like this effect, simply don't buy it. second thank you for your warning.

its an amazing demonstration and I cant wait like to find more about it!

best,
Neo
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
James, why you don't complain about swami mantra book then which is something around for may years and you only complain for this effect??

that's what I m asking you
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
...and I will say it again... this is NOT the effect to perform for kids
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Killermagic80.

I think it is time to admit you where wrong, Gilgamesh just asked a logical question. I do not blelieve for a second that his intentions where anything but wanting to know the answer. Every one else who has echoed his concerns are the smart ones here. But of course, in your eyes ill just be down on it when I say I would like to know the answer to his question too.

Alan
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
What specific question are you guys wanting an answer on?

The video up right now is only a teaser. We will have more details and a full demo up soon.
P3
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Alan Rorrison I will start worying about the effect and scared of how "dangerous" it is in order to be smart!

if I don't like this kind of efects wether their real or not I simply don't perfrom them.

if you have a concern of doing free fall don't do it. many people though do it.
if you have a concern putting a nail indide your nose don't do it. still there are people that do this.

and if Gilgamesh and other people are so curious about what this is, simply wait and then make up your own mind wether you feel "dangerous"

again thanks for your warning
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
I have seen Dan do this many times with minimal pain. This is not something you will want to do table hopping or over and over again. It is something that Dan does often because it stays in the minds of spectators for a very long time. The visual aspect of this stunt are so amazing, When they see the needle poking through the other side of your hand your audience will go nuts. This may or not be may not be magic but I personally sell myself to an audience not as a magician but as someone that has some very interesting talents, and this is a great talent to have.
P3
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Through And Through" by Dan Hauss (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL