The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic depot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JustLoco
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, Ca
111 Posts

Profile of JustLoco
Has anyone ever ordered from magic depot website? I was thinking to buy acouple items from them and just wanted some opinions before I do.

http://www.magic.org
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2286 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
I've ordered from there once or twice before. Good service, decent prices. Had a slight mix-up on some silks; they were easy to talk to and good to resolve the issue.

Ed
Hybrid Hunter
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
92 Posts

Profile of Hybrid Hunter
I've ordered from them once and I got what I ordered. Free shipping too if I remember correctly.
I think they've always got deals going on too.
sbroomheadsr
View Profile
New user
This, That, and only
54 Posts

Profile of sbroomheadsr
I've ordered several things from them. Good service. Had an order for sponge balls that took a week longer than I thought it should but that was 1 order out of 10 or 11.
S Broomhead
Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
Ordered there once. Customer service was great and shipping rates , some of the products I received were sub par.

Specifically the gaff cards (eg: 3 1/2 of C) which had allegedly 'been made' to 'stringent quality standards, not cheaply made' were smudged, blurry or completely unusable.
The rules of a sleight of hand artist, Are three, and all others are vain,

The 1st & the 2nd are practice... And the 3rd one is practice again

- 'Magic of the Hands', Edward Victor (1940)
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
You should make sure that what you want is actually in stock. It seems that over half of their items aren't actually in stock once you click on it and go to its individual page. So they offer you the option to reserve it, which as I understand means to pay for it and get it if they can get hold of it within 30 days.

If not you get your money back and they will have earned interest on it for a month.

But I have ordered from them and been very satisfied with everything.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1950 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Aaron Smith will go out of his way for customer satisfaction. I needed a 1994 steel shimmed quarter that matched my 1994 folding quarter and he looked through every quarter he had just to find one.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
As a dealer, I often hear about competitors... both good and bad.

Magic Depot is a reputable dealer. The owner Aaron is a straight forward guy.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
JustLoco
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, Ca
111 Posts

Profile of JustLoco
Thank you all I've placed my order with them, a couple of the items were out of stock but I paid for them anyway. their prices were better than most online shops, and the 3 brick and motar shops that I called didn't carry the cards that I needed. I'll let you know how it went after I get my order.
David Franklin
View Profile
New user
Jonesborough, TN
76 Posts

Profile of David Franklin
I've ordered from Magic Depot once or twice and have had good experiences. The free shipping is a nice touch.
olaf911
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
104 Posts

Profile of olaf911
I've ordered just once, but was very satisfied. The items were exactly as expected and the shipment from US to Germany took only 6 days, which is hard to beat. Because I ordered for more than 60$ shipment was free.

I would order again if I needed something which costs more than 60$.
JustLoco
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, Ca
111 Posts

Profile of JustLoco
I received my "partial" shipment today. I was very pleased with the speed and the fact that the shipping was free, but a little disappointed that I still have to wait for the rest. I just hope they do get it in before the 30 days is up.
HMAC
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of HMAC
"If not you get your money back and they will have earned interest on it for a month. "

I heard great things about them but I personally had very bad experience.
Among other things, do not trust the fact that they announce things to be "on stock". I ordered a bunch of things, making sure they were listed as "on stock" an more than half was not. As for the refund, I did not waited one month, but one year to get it.
I have to say that Aaron was very nice and helpful. However, I also spoke to a women working there who was highly aggressive.
david12345
View Profile
Special user
714 Posts

Profile of david12345
Check out magic4less.com, I was extremely happy with my purchase and their prices are the among the lowest - the site itself is a bit weak however.
haroldross
View Profile
New user
Walthill, Nebraska
30 Posts

Profile of haroldross
I have been very pleased with them. I ordered a deck of short cards and they were cut at an angle. Aaron immediately sent me out another deck that was cut straight. I've never had any complaints about their excellent customer service.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8833 Posts

Profile of funsway
Aaron is very attentive to problems on a personal basis, but does seem understaffed or understocked. The rewards for patience is great prices and personal advice. No single store will ever fill all of any magician's needs, but the Depot is one of the first places I look for any item. Why, because I like him though we have never met.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
feifei
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
179 Posts

Profile of feifei
I ordered from them before few times, no problems so far, and it was all international orders. Make sure you communicated with them well, either by email or phone, check that stuffs are in stock or ask for advice first before sending in your money, that goes for all other web orders. I usually order when they have promotions, price are good but sometimes may not be the cheapest, you just need to shop around if you want the cheapest.

Besides Magic Depot, another site that I like a lot is http://www.magicplace.us , great customer services and good price!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic depot (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL