We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Art of Street Performing II (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
Just wondering if anyone knows when the new dvd is coming out. Thanks, Jim
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations,

I think I read a few weeks ago that it was set for a June release, but keep in mind we're talking Kozmo-time, so sometime this summer may be a safer bet.

But wouldn't some tips and inspiration be great just prior to the summer busking season?

Koz surfs this site regularly, so I suspect your query will garner a response directly from him, if he's not on the road.

Hey, Koz, if you get this, put me down for DVD or vid, whichever format you come out with.

Later,

Joe in KC

Make magic happen, live a great adventure!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5427 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Lol.kozmo time! listen, Jim is coming to NY to finish this thing in June, that's a fact God willing! He is staying here until it's done. It"s gonna be out there after. I will post when its available. You can buy it from me before anyone else gets it. I think you will like it. We have put a lot of thought into it. Also look for the loop ball ball maipulation video. Lots of real world magic on that video, stuff you can use. It's almost done but there are a few things we want to reshoot to make it better.

It's my opinion that magic is too easy to come by. You can get on the net and download magic,ideas, peoples lifes work for free. It is also my opinion that people, magicians release so much **** on the market that can't be used for anything. So...this video, the art of, is going to cost $60 like the last, and worth every penny. But the quality and usable info will be worth the cash.

It will be edited and sent to the duplicators by the end of June. A month later it will be on the market. It will be PERIOD and it's gonna be good...I propmise.

All the stuff we talk about frequently will be on this video, loading from a table servante to a pouch . From the posket or a Topit. Mocing the table to build an audience. Using a rope to build an edge. Calling people to the edge. Stopping that first group of people. How can you make sponge balls work on the streets, good stuff, police, rules, working with your neighbors, the store front you work in front of. Gazzo is on the video, Danny Hustle, Rocky?...maybe. Kozmo, that's me, Lucky, Dante (who I think is the best pure street magician in the world working right now). Good stuff fellas. Worth $600 but you pay $60

koz
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
Count me in for the Performance II, and any and all other vids you guys will be putting out. I've had the first vid since it came out and am STILL picking up new stuff everytime I watch it. Looking forward to it.
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
We get first dibs, Koz. Sounds really good. Really interested to hear more about stopping those first people and the loading ideas.
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Ok Kozmo, you know you got to set one aside for me, right?

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Me too!

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Jesse Dains
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Jesse Dains
Where do I send the money?
.............Jesse
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5427 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
To me....Smile...Just as soon as it's done. Jim arrives tomorrow afternoon and we work on Thursday.

koz
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Kozmo,
You guys going to shoot on the streets of New York? That would be cool seeing him in action in the big apple. Maybe Washington Square. Isn't that where Jeff Sheridan performed?
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
Jim:

Jeff Sheridan's spot was in Central Park (I believe in front of the Walter Scott statue).

Notable performers in WS were your friend, Tony Vera, Phelipe Petit (who's famous for his tight-rope walk across the Twin Towers), Charlie Barnett, and many others.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I just got Drawing a Square in the Circle, and it is a great little book, talking about the "Mayor of Washinton Square", (Tony Vera) and the busking by many in various spots in NY.

I got a brand new copy for $3.50 plus $3.00 shipping on Amazon, (great bargain, and a "must read" for thinkers about the art of busking) and really am enjoying the descriptions of the acts, and the insights into the perfromers thinking.

BroDavid
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5427 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
No, we are shooting in a studio. All the street stuff is done I hope.

koz
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
BroDavid,
Tony Vera told me to get that book, but I didn't know it was on Amazon. Thanks.

RiffRaff,
When Tony first started he used to do a mime act he told me. Now he's doing fire. I have some pictures of his act as he is performing it in Venice. I will post a couple pictures here after I get them scanned.

Kozmo,
I hope Mr. Cellini does some jumbo coin work on the new dvd.
Jim
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
James:

Vera performed a fire act in WSP without speaking. I think this is what he meant by performing 'mime'.

Don't hesitate to get Drawing a Circle in the Square. Once you read it, I think it would be very educational to compare the structure of Tony's act in NY compared to his current performance.

If you get a chance, ask him WHY he's changed (added or omitted) certain effects, bits, jokes, etc.
For instance: I believe he now speaks during his performance. WHY?

Please report back to us if he gives you any insight on the act's evolution.

Regarding the pictures: Vera had a web site which included tons of fire-breathing pix. It had some troubles, and I don't know if it's still around.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Yes, James, it usally sells new at about $7, and that is still a bargain. I happened to search for a used one and came up with a new onat used price.

Mine arrived in about 5 days from when I ordered it, and considering that the order went though Amazon, and then was forwarded to the folks who actually had the book, that was pretty good.

It is paperback, and all of the pictures are B & W, but the history, and and everything in it is really informative. But this is one that won't even make it to my bookshelf. I keep it next to my chair and pick it up often.

BroDavid
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
Kozmo - Can we get an update? I've got an itching for some Cellini material! Hurry, before I dump my money on somebody else. Smile
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5427 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Well, The Art of Street Performing is looking good, but not good enough. We are waiting for my good buddy Gazzo and Danny Hustle and a few others to be available for some more interviews. The video needs a little more for it to be up to speed, but it looks really good. The Loop Ball, Cellini lecture magic, called "Street Tricks" is done and has some nice stuff on it. It will be in stores in september,or I will have the dvd version say early September, if you just can't stand it (the wait)

koz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Art of Street Performing II (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL