The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » A Soldier's Playing Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
Ive been looking for this all over! I saw some places that actually were trying to SELL thisfor their own profit. Thanks for the story, Ill use it.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2001-10-05 13:54, Steve Brooks wrote:
I thought maybe some of you might find the following story useful in your gospel magic.

A SOLDIER’S PLAYING CARDS:

When I look at the "QUEEN," I see THE CHURCH, THE BRIDE OF JESUS.

As I look at the last card, THE KING," it reminds me that JESUS IS LORD OF LORDS and KING OF KINGS."

Most importantly, my deck of cards reminds me that I need JESUS...

365 days, 52 weeks and 12 months a year and that I should always PRAY 4 others."

Very nice, but what about the Joker.....
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Profile of Ethan the emazing
Quote:
On 2008-03-26 22:31, jkvand wrote:
True Soldier,
This is a great routine to use to introduce the idea of doing magic in a church, because you can focus more on the idea of a 'story with a deck of cards' than a 'magic trick' with a deck of cards. I've used it in church settings for years, and it has always gone over very well. Best of luck, Jeff

And in some cases, it also makes people more "comfortable" about using playing cards in the church.
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1631 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Gaddy-Sometimes the two Jokers are used to symbolize the two thieves who were crucified with Jesus; one believing and one not.

Preston-
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
For the Joker, I just use one. Right before the closing line, I say "If we choose not to follow God, our life is nothing but a JOKE (show Joker), but if we do follow Him, He leads us to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords (show last King)." Best of luck, Jeff
FriarShaun
View Profile
New user
New Mexico
80 Posts

Profile of FriarShaun
I love this story. Does anybody know of other applications where cards are used to tell Bible stories?
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
For the joker,there's a bible verse that I can't remember now but it says that those who do not know God is a fool.
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Profile of Ethan the emazing
Quote:
On 2008-04-04 16:58, FriarShaun wrote:
I love this story. Does anybody know of other applications where cards are used to tell Bible stories?

Oz and Wilde published one in the Conjurer not too many months ago.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14059 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I wish I had seen this post earlier Steve...maybe I wouldn't have had the problems I was experiencing concerning playing cards if I had.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7384 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Another related thread, in which I mention Ned Way's trick with a deck, in which he tells the story of the Prodigal Son (on one of his videos, "Sharing the Light"):

Cafe thread titled... Bible story deck stacks

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Yeah that routine was good, I used it for years... went looking for it the other day and must have misplaced it somewhere...but it was cool to have a solid story with a great card concept!
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » A Soldier's Playing Cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL