The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Anyone know the name of this very niffty trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

carsoni
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of carsoni
Your assistant stands in front of you holding an 18 inch silk vertically between her two hands, you are also holding an 18 inch silk horizontally between your two hands, both silks are touching each other forming a cross type pattern. You move your horizontal silk up and down a few times and then with a quick flick you are suddenly now holding your horizontal silk behind the vertical silk that it was just in front of without having let got of it.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Very good effect,

This is what I call Reel Magic Smile

T
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
Good one, Topsy.....Wasn't that on the Ammar Thread videos?
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
779 Posts

Profile of Snidini
I believe Rick Thomas has added this to his act in the opening part. It's an old trick and can be found in many beginners books. As Nalu hints, it may use thread.

Snidini
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
2034 Posts

Profile of Rennie
I believe it was on a Paul Diamond video except his assistant holds a cane and he penetrates the silk. As Topsy said it is REEL magic...
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Timothy
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama, USA
174 Posts

Profile of Timothy
I have seen Dick Cavett (using the same method), pass a silk through a microphone stand.

I've done that also, but you can do it through a linking ring, and it looks good too!
-Magical Tim
Magical Tim's Magic Shows
[email]tim@magicaltim.com[/email]
"Magic is a vanishing art!"
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1875 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Shigeo Takagi has a nice version in his book by Kaufman
kingsnqueens
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
77 Posts

Profile of kingsnqueens
I remember Jack Chanin doing it many years ago at a magic convention in Wash. DC, and knocking everybody's socks off.

They almost held him hostage until he tipped it. Great fun!

I've been doing it ever since that day.

........... Manyfingers
())())
(';' )
(")-(")
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1444 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
If you don't have a mic stand or an assistant to work with and you are performing solo, what can you easily penetrate the silk thru? And you can't use an audience member cause they might "FEEL" something. I have put my own leg on a chair and passed it through my lower calf. Any other ideas?
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
The trick is called "The Ghostly Silk" and is described in Kaufman's book "The Amazing Miracles of Shigeo Takagi".

The effect is pure sleight of hand and doesn't use a reel or a thread.

Steven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Anyone know the name of this very niffty trick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL