The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultimate Oil and Water by Anthony Owen » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
If I may so bold...

Here's a link to a performance of my Ultimate Oil and Water, about which Matt Field was so complimentary in this month's issue of The Magic Circular, the magazine of The Magic Circle.

http://tvmagic.co.uk/tvmagicshop/product......998f91f3
facebook.com/anthony.owen1
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
Anthony Owen exclusive products at TVMagic.co.uk
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Really enjoyed watching that Anthony and looked great.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8976 Posts

Profile of pegasus
This is a good version, but I made the mistake of buying the upgrade for an extra ten pounds. Ripoff in my opinion. The extra something should be included free. I was not impressed.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Quote:
On 2009-05-19 16:01, pegasus wrote:
This is a good version, but I made the mistake of buying the upgrade for an extra ten pounds. Ripoff in my opinion. The extra something should be included free. I was not impressed.

You put on an extra 10 pounds doing this. Is it fattening? Just joking. The effect looks good but thanks for the heads up.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
I have the original. What's difference between the two? I can't see any difference????
Magic is a vanishing art.
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Pegasus, I'm sorry to read that you didn't think that the Upgrade was worth what you paid for it. The folks at TVMagic.co.uk tell me that the overwhelming feedback they've had for the Upgrade set has been positive. In fact they tell me that many purchasers bought the Upgrade set after they'd bought the standard Ultimate Oil and Water set and knew exactly what they were getting for the money.

You might be interested to know that since we shot the DVD I've developed several additional handlings for Ultimate Oil and Water. I'm in the process of writing up these handlings and a great improvement shared with me by David Regal (who loves the trick). These handlings will include an improvement which can only be performed using the Upgrade set. All these bonus handlings will be issued free of charge to all purchasers past and future of the new Ultimate Oil and Water. Watch the TVMagic.co.uk newsletter for more details.

EDH, just to clarify, do you mean what is the different between the standard Ultimate Oil and Water set and the Upgrade or what is the difference between my previously released Oil and Water versions and those explained on the new DVD?

Best,

Anthony
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
I mean what is the difference between SOBW and this new release, UO&W and the upgrade?
Magic is a vanishing art.
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Hi EDH,

The new Ultimate Oil and Water DVD goes into the full details of my SOBW routine (with a number of handling improvements since it was first explained on my Dynamic Walkaround Video). The DVD also reveals several suggestions, improvements and additional handlings, including some which have never appeared in print or on film before. The DVD comes complete with the special cards necessary for you to master this right away and I explain how you can make up the cards yourself in the future.

The DVD's contents include:

- My Ultimate Oil and Water routine and full explanation.

- Sebastien Clergue's handling for the final phase.

- My never before revealed improved handling for the second phase.

- My stand up handling never before revealed in print or on video.

As standard this DVD comes with a single set of Ultimate Oil and Water gimmicked cards. These can be used for most of the routines and handlings taught on the DVD.

However, for one of the handlings you will require two matching Ultimate Oil and Water sets of cards and a special additional matching gimmicked card. (Full details are explained on the DVD.) The dealer who currently has the exclusive on this product also offers for sale everything required for this handling. This is listed on their site as Ultimate Oil and Water Plus Cards Only.

However, if you wish to upgrade at the time of purchasing the DVD, you can receive the special set of Ultimate Oil and Water Plus cards (which can be used for all the other handlings taught) instead of the single set of gimmicked cards which accompany the standard version of the DVD. Right now the dealer has a special offer which will save you £5 off the price of purchasing these additional gimmicked cards separately.

I hope that answers your question.

Best,

Anthony
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17135 Posts

Profile of joseph
Sebastien Clergue's handling for the final phase and the entire performance is the best that I have seen so far...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
I agree. Seb's handling is much better than my original! I'm delighted he's allowed me to share his version on the new DVD.
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1019 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Anthony you *** why are you sharing this on DVD....now everyone will be doing it. Keep the good stuff in print...nobody reads anymore. Shame on you!

luke
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Don't worry Luke I always tend to put stuff in print first so the guys who read can get it a few years ahead of the DVD folk! I've got some of my favourite stuff in print which nobody is doing because they've never seen anyone doing it!
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
The reviews of this product which appear in the current issues of Reel Magic, Genii and Magicseen have been very flattering!

Those who have purchased the DVD and cards might be interested to know that the folks at TVMagic.co.uk will shortly be issuing a free bonus. This will teach some additional unreleased improvements for the routine. These include a method for having the cards examined and a great handling by David Regal which makes the routine almost sleight free. Details of how to obtain this free bonus will be sent in the near future to those who subscribe to the TVMagic.co.uk free monthly e-newsletter.
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
ahzhe
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of ahzhe
Similar method with Sorted Affair by Elmwood Magic, Sorted Affair is better in my opinion, it comes with full deck of cards and the price is much cheaper
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Just to be clear, the method for Ultimate Oil and Water is new and different to that of Sorted Affair and allows for possibilities which are not possible with that version.
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
We have this in stock now so you can order it from the finest magic stores world wide. I really like it too! Real good stuff Anthony.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1891 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Just my 2 cents but... it would have been ultimate if every single card was shown before being tabled... With very little slight of hand there are routines that achieve about exactly the same effect (ok, except for the open version)... and that are not gimmicked (and no extra card)...

But sure, the effect looks good. Smile

PS: By "exactly the same effect" I do not just mean the overall plot of "oil and water" of course, but I mean about the same moves and construction without showing every card, but just half of them (again, except for the open version which is pretty cool)...
Ben
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Quote:
On 2009-11-02 16:58, davidpeters wrote:
We have this in stock now so you can order it from the finest magic stores world wide. I really like it too! Real good stuff Anthony.

That's the news I've been waiting for, I'll be calling Paul at Hocus Pocus tomorrow!

THANKS,

MMc
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
816 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
On 2009-10-31 16:44, gtx magic wrote:
In my opinion,anthony owen's oil and water is the cleanest around.also sebastian clergue doe's a fantastic routine called larva lamp.i do his routine,have a look and see what you think....

gtx magic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKITCs98lGA

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY,THAT I AGREE THERE ARE MANY EXELLENT OIL AND WATER ROUTINES AND VARIATIONS OUT THERE..BUT I HAVE TO COME BACK TO ANTHONY OWEN'S OIL AND WATER BECAUSE IT IS SO VISUAL (As magic should be)..AND THE CLEANEST (Only my opinion)THE CONCEPT ANTHONY CAME UP WITH IS BRILLIANT,YOU ALSO HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT THE THIRD PHASE OF THE ROUTINE IS DONE CARDS FACE UP AND WITH NO MOVING THE CARDS AROUND YOU JUST SPREAD THE CARDS AND THERE SEPERATED WHICH I DON'T THINK OTHER OIL AND WATER ROUTINES SHOW THAT'S WHY I THINK IT'S THE CLEANEST FINISH YOU WILL SEE...I WOULD ALSO RECOMMEND ANTHONY'S DVD;...ULTIMATE OIL AND WATER,ALSO,..DYNAMIC WALKAROUND..WHERE YOU WILL SEE ANTHONY PERFORM IS OIL AND WATER IN A LIVE WALK AROUND PERFORMANCE.AND TAKE A LOOK AT IS DVD THE DUNGEON,( I think this was limited and may be no longer available) ALSO MIRACLE MONTE'..ONCE AGAIN I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ANTHONY OWEN FOR HIS CONTRIBUTION TO THIS EFFECT ON OIL AND WATER.

BEST WISHES

GRAHAM

GTX MAGIC
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5675 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2009-11-02 20:26, gtx magic wrote:

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY,THAT I AGREE THERE ARE MANY EXELLENT OIL AND WATER ROUTINES AND VARIATIONS OUT THERE..BUT I HAVE TO COME BACK TO ANTHONY OWEN'S OIL AND WATER BECAUSE IT IS SO VISUAL (As magic should be)..AND THE CLEANEST (Only my opinion)THE CONCEPT ANTHONY CAME UP WITH IS BRILLIANT,YOU ALSO HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT THE THIRD PHASE OF THE ROUTINE IS DONE CARDS FACE UP AND WITH NO MOVING THE CARDS AROUND YOU JUST SPREAD THE CARDS AND THERE SEPERATED WHICH I DON'T THINK OTHER OIL AND WATER ROUTINES SHOW THAT'S WHY I THINK IT'S THE CLEANEST FINISH YOU WILL SEE...I WOULD ALSO RECOMMEND ANTHONY'S DVD;...ULTIMATE OIL AND WATER,ALSO,..DYNAMIC WALKAROUND..WHERE YOU WILL SEE ANTHONY PERFORM IS OIL AND WATER IN A LIVE WALK AROUND PERFORMANCE.

Yes, Ultimate Oil and Water by Anthony Owen is really one of the best out there, even though the cards (uses normal cards – NO special cards required) need to be (I'll call it) SORT OF gaffed, it looks and feels like real magic!

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultimate Oil and Water by Anthony Owen » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL