The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultimate Oil and Water by Anthony Owen » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2009-05-18 16:00, Anthony Owen wrote:
If I may so bold...

Here's a link to a performance of my Ultimate Oil and Water, about which Matt Field was so complimentary in this month's issue of The Magic Circular, the magazine of The Magic Circle.

http://tvmagic.co.uk/tvmagicshop/product......998f91f3

The cards placed face up and spread with one finger was incredible. An amazing routine because it was so fair. WOW!
~Joe
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Thank you all for your very sweet comments. I'm very proud of the routine.

Goldeneye you might be interested to know that one of the explanations on the new DVD is my previously unreleased method for the face down sequence which enables you to show every single card.
facebook.com/anthony.owen1
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
Anthony Owen exclusive products at TVMagic.co.uk
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
[...] one of the explanations on the new DVD is my previously unreleased method for the face down sequence which enables you to show every single card.

Now, THAT is interesting indeed Smile
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
Question to those of you who own this pasteboard miracle:
On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the most difficult, what difficulty rating would you asign to learning and "perfecting" the handling of this effect? I'm not looking for any tipping, but rather to decide if this would require more knuckel busting than I can provide.

Thanks for any and all responces.
Ron
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
None
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
I don't own the DVD, but I do own 'Some Tricks' and learnt the routine from there.

It's not really a technically difficult routine at all. There is a certain procedure you need to get comfortable with, but it's not difficult.

Saying that, I do like the sound of the DVD if you can now show all the cards when doing the face down phase...

R
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Quote:
On 2009-11-01 14:13, Anthony Owen wrote:

Those who have purchased the DVD and cards might be interested to know that the folks at TVMagic.co.uk will shortly be issuing a free bonus. This will teach some additional unreleased improvements for the routine. These include a method for having the cards examined and a great handling by David Regal which makes the routine almost sleight free. Details of how to obtain this free bonus will be sent in the near future to those who subscribe to the TVMagic.co.uk free monthly e-newsletter.

It's been a couple of weeks. Has anyone seen this?
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Apologies, this free bonus has been delayed in an attempt to include as much valuable information as possible. It will be issued very shortly.
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Quote:
On 2009-11-17 14:23, Anthony Owen wrote:
Apologies, this free bonus has been delayed in an attempt to include as much valuable information as possible. It will be issued very shortly.

No worries. More and Free in any sentence make me happy. I just wanted to make sure I had not missed it.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
If we bought this from another dealer other than TVMagic.co.uk, is the bonus still for us? Smile

Just checking!

RevJohn
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Quote:
On 2009-10-31 16:44, gtx magic wrote:
fantastic routine called <B>larva</B> lamp.

Now I would love to see a Larva lamp! That would be cool.

Much better than a lava lamp Smile Couldn't resist. Sorry!
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Quote:
On 2009-11-18 12:30, RevJohn wrote:
If we bought this from another dealer other than TVMagic.co.uk, is the bonus still for us? Smile

Yes everyone who is signed up to the TVMagic.co.uk newsletter will receive details of how to get the free bonus.
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Sorry the free bonus is going to be delayed a little longer. I had hoped to complete it before the birth of my son last week, but unfortunately I didn't quite hit that deadline.

Right now I need to focus on my special family time. However please be assured that in the near future all those who have set up accounts with TVMagic.co.uk and signed up for the free email newsletter will receive details of the free bonus material.

Also I'm flattered to hear that Murphy's initial stocks of the DVD and cards sold out in just over a week! I know this meant that some of you were unable to pick it up from your favourite dealer. However Murphy's now have more in stock and your favourite dealer should be able to supply it for you.

And now I'm off to try to get some sleep....
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Bonus or no bonus, this is the coolest O&W routine I've ever done! I've got a couple weeks in on this and did it for my wife tonight (my toughest critic) and she's still in a state of shock and awe! The face up final phase is mind blowing!

I'll be doing a double (In-laws and Out-laws) Thanksgiving tomorrow so I'm looking forward to field testing UO&W!

Awesome job Anthony!

MMc
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
A truly magical trick from a great guy! This is trick photography that is NOT trick photography.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I did this 5-6 times yesterday and I've never been more pleased with the reactions I got!

My wife's family is HUGE and they actually rent a hall every year to house anywhere between 60-100 plus relatives for the festivities. I was able to perform this for a couple small (3-5) as well as one group of at least 20 and EVERY one that came over after was saying the O&W was the most amazing and baffling!

Next stop, MY family dinner which is a much different venue.... Factor in booze, fun haters and know it all's and you get the gist. I rarely perform for my side with the exception of my mother who LOVES magic and STILL wants me to do the ID every time. After doing this and a couple others for mom and pop, mom called everyone in to see the "red and black" trick.

Well folks, I can't believe I'm saying this, but it SLAYED my pretentious little brother as well his over educated know it all wife, my fun hating sister, my youngest son who has degrees in math and physics (and is still going for more) AND my eldest who THINKS he knows how everything is done in magic!

Anthony's Ultimate O&W just ROCKS and although I love O&W effects and am always looking for more as well as designing my own, I have a feeling this one will be my go to for a long time!

Thanks again Anthony for sharing such a great effect!

MMc
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Thanks to Mickey and Bob for their very kind words.
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Further review should be conducted here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=109&12
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultimate Oil and Water by Anthony Owen » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL