The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Creavitve Ministries Conference and the likes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Greetings,

I know that there used to be a conference held in the Portland/Seattle area focusing on Gospel magic/Creative Ministries. And I have heard that it isn't being held any longer.

Could anyone tell me of other conferences like this that are being held on an annual basis? I am sure there are those out there, but I am drawing a blank.

A friend is just getting into the realm of Gospel Magic, and was asking.

Thanks!

RevJohn
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Greetings! Perhaps the latest info. is at http://www.fcm.org or under The Fellowship Of Christian Magicians heading of The Magic Café. Great place to start, always the latest information is in The Christian Conjurer magazine put out by FCM. There might be other updated FCM type related sites around the country. Best wishes, Roger from http://www.ChristianMagician.org
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
There is also the conference that Duane Laflin started that I believe will be held every Feb.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2009-05-18 16:52, RevJohn wrote:
Greetings,

I know that there used to be a conference held in the Portland/Seattle area focusing on Gospel magic/Creative Ministries. And I have heard that it isn't being held any longer.

Yes, you are correct. Read more here.

I went to a Pacific Northwest FCM convention back in the 1990s. The one I went to had Steve Taylor, David Ginn, Sammy Smith, Duane and Mary Laflin, and others. The day before (or possibly the day after), was the very first Komedy Kidshow Klinic by Steve, David, and Sammy.

- Donald

P.S. In addition to FCM events, and Duane's Advance event, other events that have had a touch of gospel magic include the KIDabra Conference (Pigeon Forge, TN area) and also the Magic Show Conference (Branson, MO area).
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Creavitve Ministries Conference and the likes? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL