We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Captured by Justin Miller (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1255 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
I have just received my pre-order courtesy of Kozmomagic and as the other thread seems to have been removed I just want to take this opportunity to public thank Kozmo for kindly sending me a copy,a man true to his word.I don't fully understand why he has done so as I spent my money with Miller!I hope Kozmo is'nt too much out of pocket.Anyway once again Thank you and best wishes Tim.
MBrook3902
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of MBrook3902
I had stated in the other, now deleted thread, that Kozmo also made good on my pre-order with Justin. I appreciate what he did and feel vindicated. Now, I will say, I think captured is a very good trick. Well thought out. Very visual. Nice clean-up. Not impromptu, but what cap in bottle is?
Thanks again Kozmo.
It takes 4 to 6 minutes for the brain to die without oxygen. I can fix anything in that amount of time.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
A nice way to thank Kozmo is taking advantage of him. His Reel Magic is one of the best deals around and a subscription is a bit more than the average DVD and you get a great product.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
I'll second MagicSanta. Reel Magic quarterly is the only subscription that I have that I don't think twice about renewing. It's one of the best values in magic.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
MagicSanta, very nice!

Kozmo and Reel Magic are two of the magic world's greatest gifts. World class material is produced by Kozmo Magic!

Maybe we can give Kozmo a break here and only discuss the Captured DVD.

I happen to like the effect. If this had been performed on an L&L shoot, the reactions would have been over the top. And, there would have been allot of talk if it was performance only.

For a formal show, Captured would be a first rate effect to perform.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
558 Posts

Profile of Motor City
I, too, agree that by subscribing to "Reel Magic Magazine" you are supporting a guy with a heart of gold. You are also getting a very good product. I know that I look forward to each issue of RMM.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Ooops... I meant to Say Reel Magic Magazine, rather than "Quarterly."

Sorry Koz. Smile
MBrook3902
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of MBrook3902
Hey Santa, just wanted you to know I DID subscribe to Reel Magic Magazine and bought the box set of Season 1...Volumes 1 - 4. And...will buy the rest of them when they become available as a box set.
So...thanks again Kozmo.
It takes 4 to 6 minutes for the brain to die without oxygen. I can fix anything in that amount of time.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Nice!
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1035 Posts

Profile of bsears
The other "thread" that disappeared wasn't the first on the subject of Captured, btw, and I'm sure it won't be the last. Such a shame - lots of good info (as well as some unfortunate comments) is disappearing around here with no explanation.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Justin will have another product for sale and then we will see what happens.
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
I agree with Chris, this is a good effect. Its too bad all the BS that has happened with Justin and the people who got ripped. I did this for a friend of mine the other night, he is familiar with prohibition, so I made sure to note that I was not wearing any jewelry, and then I said in fact I am going to put the cap in your hand. Then I performed the penetration and he was fried. Of course I told him nothing, and it bugged him. All night he kept saying, hey about that trick...it was cool
MBrook3902
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of MBrook3902
I have performed this for my son (15) and my wife. Each time they held the bottle cap. Bammm! Gone. Cap inside the bottle. Clean up was quick and easy as they were quite distracted by the visible/instantaneous vanish/reappearance of the cap in the bottle. Very good reactions. Just one piece of advice, don't use a "clear" beer bottle. The amber ones are better.

MB
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1035 Posts

Profile of bsears
It IS a GREAT effect.
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
I have Captured but since I have Prohibition and can do it well I have yet to bother with all the setup involved with Captured. Maybe someday I will get around to it but for now I am just loving the beauty of Prohibition. It does make sense to get set up for Captured as well so that I can throw people off by doing it once in a while.
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
MBrook3902
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of MBrook3902
Thales...the "set-up" for Captured takes just a few minutes so it's really not much of a bother. I, too, have Prohibition. Both are great effects but work completely differently in method.
Magician of the century
View Profile
New user
Washington
57 Posts

Profile of Magician of the century
When I preform capptured I like to use a green glass bottle, it's so much more magical than a dark brown bottle.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Smile that's funny.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1882 Posts

Profile of Platt
Having been a long time fan of Prohibition I was very hesitant to even consider Captured. I just couldn't imagine how anything could top the simplicity of Jeff Pierce's stellar routine. In fact I'd go so far as to say I nearly looked forward to giving Captured a nasty review. Now that I've had the pleasure (yes pleasure) of watching the Captured DVD I can say without hesitation that I think it's a brilliant routine. My biggest fears were the practicality of the bottle set-up and the end clean-up. Let me tell you, the set-up is not such a big deal. And the clean up is routined in such a way in that it's a non-issue. Everything in magic is give and take. As said many times before me, you give up the impromptu nature of Pierce's effect but you gain the ability to do this in the spectator's hand. That's huge. The flat cap obviously adds to the impossible nature of this effect as well. So dammit, I like it. Nice job Justin.

Platt
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1240 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Hi Platt, just a reminder that Prohibition is by Charlie Justice, I'm the producer. BTW, Prohibition can also be done in the spectators hand, on their leg, on the couch, with a flat cap etc, it's only limited by your imagination.

Thanks
Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Captured by Justin Miller (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL