We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The 100th Magic Friday Contest! Win A Free Anything Is Possible Bottle! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
feifei
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
179 Posts

Profile of feifei
Erhmm.... wasn't Turk the extremely advance AI computer that took over the world??? Even Arnold wasn't able to stop it! Who is the bot now ? Smile
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17174 Posts

Profile of joseph
You mean the Turk-inator?...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
614 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
"Sal Piacente's 4,5,6-PACKET TRICK from his DVD Expert Card"

This is one of my favorite card routines to perform. There's absolutely no way the spectators will figure out how it is done.

Congrats on getting 100, look forward to many more.
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Hey Pal

Congrats on the 100 reviews... that's a lot of performances when you come to think of it!

What I like best about your column is that you demonstrate week after week that it's always better to perform a trick than buy a secret.

Keep spreading the joy, dude.

dave

ps... Looks like Fantasm and Richard Saunders owe you a commission! Smile
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
536 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Hi Jamie,

After seeing your review on Jim Critchlow's WHITE STAR, I decided to buy it. Man, that is one cool piece of bizarre magic. I like your handling of it, which I've adapted to my own presentation.

-Mark
TravisRobertson
View Profile
Regular user
Cedar Rapids, IA USA
199 Posts

Profile of TravisRobertson
Jamie,

Congrats on 100th blog post. Because of your Magic Friday reviews Ive boughten NFW by Gary Freed, Branded and just bought Deep3. Ive gotten great mileage out of NFW and love to do it because its simple yet completely mind boggling. I don't do Branded very often though because I really have no reason to carry a lighter around with me but when I do do it, it greats great reactions. Im hoping that Deep3 will provide much of the same. Thanks for the all the great, honest reviews. You are really an assest to all of us here on the Café.

Thanks!
Travis
I am looking to buy Pressley Guitar items in good condition. Send me a PM for details.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
10 days to go!

Andrew Musgrave
shomemagic
WayneNZ
hou_dini
Christpher Kavanagh
Michaelmystic2003
MadderMax
Bryn Williams
magicman4646
Turk
taller8
Gospel Dan
MagicSanta
Randy B
bugjack
feifei
restaurantmagician
bekralik
Robert Sixx
puggo
Dizzidiz
Barrett_James
Motor City
Papasmurf
joseph
Nico Zottos
RawVoodoo
ahobgood
Bande
Seeker
Paul Rathbun
michaangelo
VcosNJ
TomKMagic
dmoses
Ba Ba Booey
TravisRobertson

Thanks for reading everyone!

jamie
http://www.whatizit.net
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Jubin
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Jubin
Congratulations on your 100th blog posts!

I also got Tagged and I agree that it is a great piece of magic!

Thanks!
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
724 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
While taking a stroll around Fantasma magic in NYC I was tossing and turning over whether to purchase STRANGE TRAVELERS by Paul Harris.

Needless to say, I got on my iPhone, hopped on the Café, read Jamie's Magic Friday regarding the product, and headed to the counter - effect in tow.

Along the likes of Jheff from MotM, Jamie is one of the only people I truly TRUST when it comes to product reviews for the real world.

Magic Friday - having your cake and eating it too. He gets to amaze his coworkers AND give us fellow brethren real world reviews. Its a great service you offer to all of us and we thank you!!
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Hey Jamie!

Keep them coming!!! Thanks to you I'm in debt with the perfect tricks that suit my style. The latest purchase I made, solely because of your review and angry Bob giving it a 5/5, was Key Accessory!!

Thanks again and I'm lookng forward to more reviews!

Mike Smile
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Hey Jamie,

Your review of Gregory Wilson's Hundy 500 helped sway me to pick up a copy. Glad I did! It's one of my favorite tricks to do "on the spot". I've gotten great reactions.

Best,
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Jamie,

The matchbox penetration intrigued me for years. Your Magic Friday post led to reseach about the two thicknesses. I lucked out and found the old thick block version. I've used the effect with a needle and ribbon. to great effect.

It's true, the original is the better of the two.
A friend with the thiner version couldn't figure out the gimmick on the thicker brass version.

The thicker brass block is great, except that standard matchboxes are too thin to use as a replacement when the original wears out. The original matchbox is Cyprus Matches (British?).

I've taken to making custom boxes (outer shell). Sicne the outer shell of the matchbox isn't part of the trick, people can examine it all day long.

Keep up the great work! Thanks for your efforts.

Dave Bilan
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
433 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
Mine would have to be Kenton Knepper's KOLOSSAL KILLER. I use to do this trick and stopped but after your reveiw I started useing it again.
Shawn
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
I want to thank you for your review of Branded. I actually knew what the gimmick was but really didn't think much of it until I read your review. I decided to take the plunge, buy it and perform it. It now rarely leaves my pocket.

Thanks Jaime and Congrats!
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
8 Days and counting! I'll post a YouTube vid next Friday of the draw:

Andrew Musgrave
shomemagic
WayneNZ
hou_dini
Christpher Kavanagh
Michaelmystic2003
MadderMax
Bryn Williams
magicman4646
Turk
taller8
Gospel Dan
MagicSanta
Randy B
bugjack
feifei
restaurantmagician
bekralik
Robert Sixx
puggo
Dizzidiz
Barrett_James
Motor City
Papasmurf
joseph
Nico Zottos
RawVoodoo
ahobgood
Bande
Seeker
Paul Rathbun
michaangelo
VcosNJ
TomKMagic
dmoses
Ba Ba Booey
TravisRobertson
Jubin
illusioneer
mike storz
Doug Lippert
David Bilan
Shawn D
MagicSteve84

Thanks for reading everyone!

jamie
http://www.whatizit.net
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
"LIT" by Dan White and Dan Hauss.
This is an EXTREMELY AWESOME Effect!!!
So glad you recommended it!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
plainoldjay
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of plainoldjay
I got White Star and LOVE IT !

I'm a bartender in the Tradewinds bar at the Sheraton Ferncroft Hotel just north of Boston. It's Nautically themed and plays HUGE into the story that I developed:

I say that since I started working at the Tradewinds I've been getting a chill each time I enter. My mother convinced me to go to a psychic, and she told me I was a bartender on a cruise ship in a past life. I proceed to do the trick and THEN reveal that it was in fact the Titanic that I worked on, and perhaps the person that 'picked' all of the DEAD photos was also on the ship with me . . .

Jay Fraser
ACMETRICKS.COM

p.s. keep up the awesome work !
shpf100
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of shpf100
I bought tagged because of your review. I have worked with it a little but haven't put it into action yet. But think it will prove to be a worker for me.
samdan
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of samdan
I bought Deep 3 based on your review and love the effect. Still working on it though as a little too much of that special something was used on my deck making it a bit difficult to use. Also got tagged based on your review and love it. I find your reviews very helpful and practical. Keep em coming!
MikeOB
View Profile
Loyal user
Doylestown, PA
213 Posts

Profile of MikeOB
Lets see, I picked up Magnum Wallet from Outlaw, Masuda's WOW, Fantasma Linking Ring through String (actually went to Fantasmas to pick it up) based on your reviews. I got great reactions from all 3 effects. I have Tagged on my list next.

Thank you for the time you put in for these effects.

MikeOB
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The 100th Magic Friday Contest! Win A Free Anything Is Possible Bottle! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL