We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The 100th Magic Friday Contest! Win A Free Anything Is Possible Bottle! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1180 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Fantasy Phone Experiment. Was on the fence, read your review, and while it wasn't a glowing one, you identified the areas of difficulty - I treated it like a challenge to address those areas as the effect read strong enough. Agree with you that sometimes a spectator will not follow the instructions as intended, but for the times they do (or you have an accomplice who will correct them if they start to do it incorrectly), it is a miracle. Thanks.

Brian
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Okay, I'll be honest. I got tagged and liked it a great deal more than I thought. Sanders did an excellent job.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
795 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I did buy 357 after reading your review -- great trick!

Robert
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2008 Posts

Profile of puggo
Magic Farm by David Williamson, I have his other DVDs & love his style. Your review nudged me in the right direction, as I am working on a money pen routine, and this will make / makes a great phase - really change the direction.
Incidentally, I was lucky to see David lecture in London last week - over 2 hours of laughter, energy & great magic.

Also - Pinnacle. I wanted a alternative to CMH, and the reviews you give are normally pretty well grounded, so I picked it up recently. I haven't performed it yet - I want it to be 100% smooth first.

I enjoy the magic friday reviews, especially with the 'angry Bob' bit- I think most of us have one of those..!
Keep it up!
Charlie
Dizzidiz
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Dizzidiz
Definately Garrtt Thomas' ring thing. it's spawned into one of my faveorite routines!
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
Jamie,

Can I still be entered into the drawing if I talk about stuff I didn't get based upon your reviews?!?

I am sure I am not the first magi to be on the fence about a particular purchase, finally decide to spend the funds (getting harder and harder to do these days) and come to find out that, although a good enough trick/illusion/gimmick etc, it just didn't "suit" me. Its fabulous to watch David Williamson or Justin Miller or Garrett Thomas perform their material but I like to take stuff I have learned and make it suit me and my performing style.

Magic Fridays has helped me feel better not only about my purchase but about my non-purchases too. So thanks for sharing so freely, thanks for the performance tips, and thanks for the angry bob rating (my FAVORITE part of Magic Fridays truly LOL!).

p.s. I still stand by my recommendation of Andrew Mayne's Finger Chopper, I am DYING to read the Angry Bob comments!!! And still holding out for your autographed business card!

Regards,

Barrett James
One of the Magic Friday Masses!
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
567 Posts

Profile of Motor City
I purchased Fiber Optics Extended based on your review. Very happy I did.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Quote:
On 2009-05-24 13:37, Jamie D. Grant wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-05-24 02:44, MagicSanta wrote:
The Zig Zag illusion. I remember how you mentioned that poker game where you and Blackstone Jr. were cheating against to mobster types in Vegas back in the days as you said "the hotels were two stories because the chumps could still gamble with broken legs if they jumped after a bad beat at the poker table". They caught you with an ace up your sleeve, which was kind of apparent because after drinking a bottle of Jack before leaving your room you forgot to put on a long sleeve shirt and it was clear you were rigged. The mobsters gave you a chance, one chance, to live....and to do so you had to take out Blackstone Jr.. You realized the mobsters were two stooges not even made men and none too bright, I mean how bright do you have to be to break heads and collect money? You told Blackstone to get into a zig zag and the mobsters thought you cut him into three pieces and left saying you were 'all right'. Yeah, you an Blackstone had a good laugh after than one then hit the black jack tables where you padded your roll by an extra twelve grand. Yes, that is why I got the zig zag, because of your story. You rock brotha!

I'm getting that made into a T-Shirt.

Lol,

12 days left:

Andrew Musgrave
shomemagic
WayneNZ
hou_dini
Christpher Kavanagh
Michaelmystic2003
MadderMax
Bryn Williams
magicman4646
Turk
taller8
Gospel Dan
MagicSanta
Randy B
bugjack
feifei

And thanks for the kind words everyone- they mean a lot to me!

~jamie

It would make a great prize for runner up. Smile
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
547 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Hi Jamie,

Your reviews assured me that buying Branded, Tagged and Fibre Optics Extended was a wise investment.

Thanks for your time and commitment.

Eric
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17174 Posts

Profile of joseph
Got Tagged based on your review....Thanks....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
I was trying to decide between two things what to purchase and then I saw your review for Branded and that's the one I got. Always trust Jamie!

Nico
RawVoodoo
View Profile
New user
ohio
62 Posts

Profile of RawVoodoo
After reading your review of prohibition I ran out and got it. I love it. It really knocks them down. I also got fiber optics because of your suggestion.
ahobgood
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ahobgood
There is no telling how many of these I purchased bc of your magic friday reviews. I now do magic fridays at my office. but to name a few of your recent revies that I have purchased are deep3, tagged, 357, deck dropper .... all four of these get great reactions
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Bande
I too am a big fan of Magic Friday. Bought Tagged and just ordered deep3. Seriously considering deck dropper. Smile
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
Hey Jamie,

You did a review for "ringscape" or the linking ring on shoe lace from Fantasma. I ended up getting it with the help of your review.

Thanks for the blog, Happy 100 and here is to a 100 more!

-Jacob H.
I've been training these cards since they were small.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2474 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Your review for Ring on Shoe lace from Fantasma pushed me over the edge to buy one. Thanks for all your reviews. One of these days I have a feeling Angry Bob will be in a good mood.

-Paul
michaangelo
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of michaangelo
Jamie,

I was already a fan of Mark Mason, but your review of SHOE-T and the fact that it stumped Angry Bob sold me... Thanks for everything... I really love your reviews... They are informative and SUPER FUN!!!
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I was already leaning on buying Branded but after reading one more positive review, and a "Magic Friday" one at that, it made my purchase easier. Smile Thanks Jamie! I always look forward to reading your "Magic Friday" stories.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Hiya Gang,

Thanks!!!

11 days left:

Andrew Musgrave
shomemagic
WayneNZ
hou_dini
Christpher Kavanagh
Michaelmystic2003
MadderMax
Bryn Williams
magicman4646
Turk
taller8
Gospel Dan
MagicSanta
Randy B
bugjack
feifei
restaurantmagician
bekralik
Robert Sixx
puggo
Dizzidiz
Barrett_James
Motor City
Papasmurf
joseph
Nico Zottos
RawVoodoo
ahobgood
Bande
Seeker
Paul Rathbun
michaangelo
VcosNJ

Good Luck!

~ jamie
http://www.whatizit.net
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Jamie,

WARNING!! Public Service Announcement follows:

Except for the 10th name down on your list, all the other names are troll web-bot names and should immediately be deleted from the list. Doing so will immediately clean up your list and help prevent a hacker attack onto your computer. (The fact that such cleansing procedure will also then only leave one name on your list, well,..that's the price you have to pay for computer safety.)

You have been warned.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Best,

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The 100th Magic Friday Contest! Win A Free Anything Is Possible Bottle! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL