The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » "3" by Michael Paul (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bahamagician
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of bahamagician
Hi Guys,

Just a heads up on a new download from Michael Paul. Here's the write up:

3 by Michael Paul

Not just one, but three “packs small, plays big” routines that have been audience tested in the real world. Each of these power-house effects is loaded with personality and entertainment. Also, each effect is fully polished and ready to go right into your act! Also included is a brief, but important essay on the art of mentalism and entertainment that just might change the way you look at your show. This is stand up mentalism with an edge. This is 3.

Cutting Edge:

Cleanly rub a double sided razor blade through the skin of your neck, and re-produce it from your teeth! Wonderful for stage, but will play close up as well. Disturbingly visual.

World’s Strangest Drawing Duplication

Close up, or on the biggest stage, a drawing duplication without the impression devices, peeks or special gimmicks! Part book-test, part drawing dupe, all entertainment! This just might be the most fun routine that you do… with plenty of built in comedy and strange-ness!

Psychic Date

If you where truly a psychic, you’d of hit the lottery by now… and you’d be one heck of a great date! Take a spectator on a special date, and leave her an AMAZING romantic souvenir! This is stand up mentalism with personality, and is very hard hitting. This stand up killer packs flat and plays gi-normous! If you’re looking for five minutes of pure charm… this is it!

These routines do not require expensive gimmicks, or huge props. In fact, you could fit all three into one small case. This is almost fifteen minutes of incredible mentalism that will play huge... and it's ready to go right into your act!

My review:

First off, I have to say that I love mentalism. Especially stand-up mentalism. I perform 6 nights a week and anything that can pack small and play big really cuts down on what I have to carry with me every evening. That said, I couldn't wait to get my hands on a book with three stand-up effects in it.

The effects in this book are centered around the concepts put forth in the opening essay. While I won't go into detail, the essay provided some really insightful food for thought regarding the creation of presentations.

Cutting Edge: I have a love hate relationship with razor blade effects. I love them but because I perform for families, I can't perform them. The effect itself is amazing and thanks to the various subtleties, the audience will never in their wildest dreams imagine the method that is used. It plays exactly as written and can be an opener to a longer effect.

World’s Strangest Drawing Duplication: I love this one. It's a book test and a drawing duplication all in one. This is similar to a concept that I was working on earlier but this took my idea one step further. The method is simple and yet it still has several layers of deception that are built in to throw critics off the scent. The presentation is what really sells this though. The presentation also helps legitimize the use of the books.

Psychic Date: Another A+ for presentation here. Again I had another routine in the works that Michael has improved on here. I wanted to do a psychic date, confabulation type of routine but I had writers block and couldn't come up with a presentation that wasn't tacky. Michaels presentation in this one is very nice. I am honestly going to steal this presentation for my routine. He even has a very nice touch he added on as a bonus after the routine is over that I will also be using. The method, while I don't think I will use it (for personal reasons), will leave any audience watching, in shambles. It's strong and it's mechanics are pretty ingenious.

All in all, a great book with some great material that I will be employing imediately.

Can be found at: http://www.theinvisiblethread.com/3.html
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Hey Chris,

Thanks for the awesome review. I'm glad you liked it!! This is my first e-book of all stand up material, and I think the presentations have a lot of personality... something it's easy to miss in a mentalism routine.

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » "3" by Michael Paul (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL