We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ellusionist's Crash Course 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
AlexWong
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of AlexWong
Hi, I noticed that the DVD is released. If anyone has it, could you please post some objective comments?

I know ellusionist isn't very popular around here. But I am not looking for any bashing. Just some objective views on the presentation, and sleights taught.
magicman222
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of magicman222
It's horrible. He doesn't do any good explanations or presentations.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Get it from a master. Get Daryle's.
techneeqs
View Profile
Regular user
Ontario, Canada
105 Posts

Profile of techneeqs
I just got crash 2 today, I haven't seen too much of it but what I've seen so far doesn't look bad. When I finish watching crash 2 I can compare it to daryles dvd since I have that also.
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Actually, I prefer CC2 over Daryl's. I'm not bashing Daryl's video - I own it and I think it's great. But, I think CC2 has some better moves, and the pace at which Brad teaches is a lot easier to learn from, as opposed to Daryl's really faced paced method of teaching sleight after sleight after sleight.

Also, with CC2 you see Brad perform a number of routines (for real people) combining the different moves and sleights you will learn. You actually get to see how these routines play for a real, live audience. Very cool.

Magicman22 - obviously you do not have this video, because Brad's explanations and presentations are better than good. He goes over the smallest details and nuances of each move and sleight so you can add this stuff to your arsenal in no time.

As well as what I already mentioned, Brad goes over some bonus stuff, like how to deal with people that don't seem to be reacting, how to spot out those spectators who are easier to deal with...all of these things combined with Brad's teaching produced a very cool video. I'd say it's the best tape ellusionist has produced so far.
Corey King
HiveMind
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of HiveMind
He might have thought it was Crash Course 1 since some people don't know there is a second one that was just released.
"Free will is an illusion." - B.F. Skinner
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
It's never a good sign when you have to specifically ask people to not bash the very company that made the product in their review.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
petersd
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of petersd
Can we get a review from someone not associated with the product? I don't want a biased view.

Dave
cardfreax
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
181 Posts

Profile of cardfreax
ok..a couple of questions here...the moves in CC2, are they also in Daryl's video? If they are, how many of them, 20%,30%?
da5id
View Profile
Loyal user
Dublin, Ireland
252 Posts

Profile of da5id
I haven't seen Daryl's video so I can't comment on that. But here are the published lists of sleights on both of them:

CC2:
http://www.ellusionist.com/order/c2-card......list.htm

Daryl:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=30
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1969 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Daryl's video definitely has more moves taught, but the production values are definitely better with ellusionist. But then again, do you buy a magic video for its production values or content? I liked the Daryl video myself, but for the beginner/ intermediate magician that's looking to add the ambitous card to their repetoire, CC2 is also worth taking a look at. Smile
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
I'm not associated with the product at all. Just because Brad sells something I came up with doesn't mean I'm going to like it or always think positively about something he releases. I take products that I review seriously. I'm not just going to put my name on something that I don't think is good.
Corey King
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
Surely the fact you call him by his first name and the fact that they sell your levitation is more than enough to make me wary of anything you have to say about ellusionist.
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
Whoever said that Brad didn't do any good performances or explanations, you had to be joking. There was SO MUCH detail on that video, it wasn't funny. I absolutely loved the video. I can honestly say it's the best video I own right now. I hadn't seen some of these moves before. The Torn and Restored card (revealed from your shoe) was really cool. I love this video, and highly recommend it. I have no association with Ellusionist, besides the fact that I have 4 posts at the Forums there *shrug* my view is not biased in any way.

Welshwizard- Do you have any of Ellusionist's other products? I'd be interested to see if you dislike those, too, and why didn't you like Crash Course 2? Just wondering

Ian
petersd
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of petersd
Corey,

I am not questioning your opinion, just looking for others. It appears the Ian has a strong positive opinion.

Dave
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
Definitely. If you want really good moves to make your own routine, and example routines, and great teaching, go for Crash Course 2. I love it.

Ian
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
I got CC2 yesterday. I love it. Brad is an excellent teacher. The voice over is awesome. Magicman222 you should buy the product before bashing it.
Jonatan B
View Profile
Veteran user
Gothenburg, Sweden
342 Posts

Profile of Jonatan B
Quote:
On 2003-05-23 16:13, Welshwizard wrote:
Surely the fact you call him by his first name and the fact that they sell your levitation is more than enough to make me wary of anything you have to say about ellusionist.

Wow, I don't even know Brad's surname, do you? Until now, his surname is Christian.. I don't think that no one will understand if we go around and say Christian.
Jonatan Bank
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
True.
nappa
View Profile
Regular user
new york
108 Posts

Profile of nappa
I just went over cc2 and its awsome brad really breaks down the moves and gives you some ideas on routining and different presentations. The video strays away from the true ambitious card and throws some other things into the mix. I love it

-Nappa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ellusionist's Crash Course 2 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL