The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kids' Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman222
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of magicman222
What are your routines that you do that aren't very pricey for kids shows?
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
744 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
The coloring book.
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
  • Miser's Dream
  • 20th Century Silks
  • Coloring Book
  • Professor's Nightmare
  • Patriotic Ropes
  • David Ginn's Cut and Restored Scout Neckerchief
  • Rabbit in Hat (Real or fake Rabbit)
Dennis Michael
Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
Magicman222, if cost is a concern, buy a decent book, and make your own magic. There's probably 1000's of effects in books out there.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
See cheapest kids shows.

It is amazing how topics repeat themselves.
Dennis Michael
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
Andy said it...The Coloring Book.

Mago Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
779 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Andy is right, The Coloring Book. I am also thinking maybe a sponge ball routine. Rope or string effects are great too.
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Buy Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic, you can get it used at Amazon.com . Hardcover is best. Check your library too.
Doug Howe
View Profile
New user
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
51 Posts

Profile of Doug Howe
The coloring book is a great routine.

DenDoWhy mentioned David Ginn's "Cut and Restored Scout Neckerchief" I tried this last year on my Cub pack. I got a great response to the routine. They couldn't believe that I'd cut holes in a cub's neckerchief, however the cub thought that the neckerchief looked "cool" and did not want it restored. David Ginn's material is very usable, and easily adapted to different performing styles.
Sammy Smith's "JUMPING ROPES" is another routine that I use regularly.
Jimeuax
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Jimeuax
I have to agree with the Mark Wilson Course of Magic---for about $17 you get enough stuff to build several acts---you could literally use this book for years before you get through it all. I have a huge number of books---but if I had to pick ONE-- in which to learn alot of magic, It would have to be Marks.--------Cheers!-----Jimeuax Smile
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
The colouring book is good, except for 1 thing, toy shows are now selling them. Kids cab buy smaller versions of it. I use mine in my colour painting rourine I show it empty, they magic the pictures into the boook, the colours are then removed and they appear on the painting. On Saturday I showed the book empty, said we need to do some magic and a kid went, "No you don't I've got one you just flick through at the top"
I did what I always do when something like that happens I gave her a severe ignoring and carried on and she got caught up in the fun joined in with the others but if she'd carried on it could have caused problems.

Toy shops are selling a bigger range of tricks nowadays so it's a good Idea to check out what's there so similar things don't occur to you.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Clive is right here, - check out the toy stores first. With very few exceptions, cheapness seems to copy cheapness when marketing magic tricks as toys. The only exception I bring to mind is a VERY expensive set of Chinese Sticks I once bought, first run out the Little Darlings told me they had seen Chinese Sticks in Kendals Store, Manchester!!

MAGIC WASHING LINE is just a few silks and a rope, so here's another idea. Although silks are not cheap these days are they? and compared to some older silks I have they float like a lead-weighted balloon!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kids' Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL