The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Impromptu Stuff (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Get Cameron Francis's Moment's Notice series.
Brilliant.
'Nuff said.

Kyle
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5837 Posts

Profile of motown
Glass or coins thru table.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
volto
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of volto
Coins. Production, coins across, vanish.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5837 Posts

Profile of motown
Bennett's Boner by Horace Bennett, uses napkins
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Nothing beats doing tricks with something from the audience.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
The book, “Lifesavers,” by Michael Webber has been discussed at length on the Café.

You might want to look it up.
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of Double O Magic
Wow this is an old post of mine! I have matured so much since then and I can tell my question was very badly worded. I probably should have worded it more along the lines of, " What is your personal preference when it comes to random encounters. What do you think one should learn to use at any moments notice? (besides coins Smile)"
ksalaz1
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of ksalaz1
Go with the Rubber bands and the routines with them. They are easy to carry and work wonderfully.
"Master of the Obvious"
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2724 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2010-08-30 21:22, Alex Rapattoni wrote:
I like the Greg Wilson routine. My favorite thing to do is to learn tricks that mean I get to carry absolutely nothing on me. Sure I know rubberbands stuff, but I do it if I find rubberbands. Also, knowing a bunch of tricks wig unprepared items means that when someone asks you to show them a trick, you can respond with "what do you have on you?" borrowed magic is always better even if it's rubber bands, paper clips, pens, quarters, bills... cups and balls.

I am learning rubber band stuff now. I intend to always keep a few rubber bands on my wrist. With all the "silly bands", cause bracelets, friendship bracelets, etc that folks are wearing these days, it won't look out of place, even in my day-to-day business attire...then, I am always ready with a few tricks to do if need be.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
magikman97
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of magikman97
I like the effect called the game. it was brought out by Joshua Jay and its pretty much a total impromptu prediction. You make a prediction on paper then people give items: watches, shoes, bills, ect. then you point to two items and they eliminate one then they point to two items and you eliminate one then the last item left is the prediction>
Peter Stobie
View Profile
Regular user
Milwaukee, WI
177 Posts

Profile of Peter Stobie
Double O,

I really like George Schindler's Magic with Everyday Objects. It prepares you well for dinner table magic specifically but lot's of other opportunities. Great book. Impromptu magic has lots of possibilities before and after a meal. Also check out JAy Sankey's Bending the Real project at top of Index here at the Café. Great stuff for impromptu magic.

Pete
Rectify
View Profile
New user
Florida
56 Posts

Profile of Rectify
On The Spot by Gregory Wilson has many great ideas for completely impromptu effects. I would suggest picking up a copy.
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
216 Posts

Profile of debjit
I just perform the Invisible Deck Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Impromptu Stuff (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL