The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Practice Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
I couldn't find anywhere else to put this, and I figured this was as good a place as any, and probably most relevant. I'm looking to buy a table that I can use for close up practice, but I'm really struggling to find anything. I've found some self assemble side tables from IKEA that are the perfect dimension, but only sit about 50cm high, which isn't enough. Any tips on maybe a home made version?

Cheers,

Chris
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3407 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I'm not going to find it for you , but I would imagine any folding card table would suffice. A Google search should turn up what you are loooking for. If you look you will find them for under $70.00!
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
If you want to build your own look here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......26&22837
Go to the second page...

Cardamagically,
Dom Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Cardician99
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland
158 Posts

Profile of Cardician99
I agree a folding card table....square or oblong with padded top, is really nice for practicing close up work. Used one for many years. (Walmart I believe carries several.)

They are relatively inexpensive, store nicely, and are usually the same height as tables you will encounter at performance sites.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Build in a grove on the opposite sides that will hold small Dollar Store mirrors so you can watch your hands as you practice.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
I use a tv tray that is wooden I purchased at wal-mart and it works fine. I can sit in any comfortable chair and practice. thanks
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Go to any store selling garden furniture that folds. I got a table I use for my magic for less than $35 from the Co-op. Walmart in Indiana seemed to have many different varieties when I was last in the States
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
olaf911
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
104 Posts

Profile of olaf911
Hiho!

I had the same problem. Problem solved:

Go to some music store and ask for a percussion table for drummer. Price here in Germany is 45€ including shipment, so I guess it will be about 45$ in US. Don't know the price in UK though. I bought this one:

http://www.ppc-music.de/de/anzeigeCartik......936.html

and put some piece of spare board onto the table surface after carefully removing the cloth. Then I glued the cloth back on. Works perfectly.
konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
400 Posts

Profile of konjurer
Quote:
On 2009-05-26 12:45, B Hackler wrote:
I use a tv tray that is wooden I purchased at wal-mart and it works fine. I can sit in any comfortable chair and practice. thanks

Ditto. $8 at Target. It looks great, glossy black. I've used it for performing. I just place a close-up pad on top.
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
I bought an adjustable black music stand that fit's my close-up pad perfectly. I still use this in performance.

-Dan
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
My kitchen table is perfect!
amerigo
View Profile
Veteran user
Can't believe I only have
318 Posts

Profile of amerigo
Quote:
On 2009-05-28 21:26, nattefrost wrote:
My kitchen table is perfect!

GREAT IDEA!!!
Magic is Everywhere
Mysterious
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Mysterious
If you want a practice table, why not buy a card mat and use any table around the house?
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
A bit pricey, but you can get a busker's table with a set of appropriate legs. Check out what is available at the ambitious card.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
Mysterious
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Mysterious
You can build a felt topped table that looks similar to the one at ambitious card for a fraction of the price, I just built two and they look great.
(PM me if you want the low down on the how to do it easy.)
Then go buy a tray stand from a restaurant supply store, and you will be set! It’s easy and cheap!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Practice Table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL