The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bulletproof by Andy Nyman/ Review wanted (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
FYI, According to Jheff's newsletter, it is now published and already 3/4 sold out. If you want one, now is the time to get it.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
ELDEMONIO
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of ELDEMONIO
Sweet!
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
939 Posts

Profile of andykean
Just ordered after seeing a copy at a friends
lots of cash but looks beatifully produced
comes with some props dvd's etc
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Got #409 yesterday and its a work of beauty.
Codos to Mr. Karr for a work well done.
Miracle Factory continue to deliver quality.
Lots of props, one DVD, and one CD included.

I want to seperate the props from the book, any ideas?
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Rabid
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Rabid
Jeez...thank god I dropped in just now. I'd completely forgotten about this book. I was gonna pre-order in 2009 and then it went straight out of my mind. Just ordered it now. Cannot wait, Andy Nyman is one of my favourites, along with beer and chinese food.

Steph
gphrenol
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of gphrenol
I have heard such good reviews and am ordering a copy right away. Sounds like the time making the book was well spent. Thank goodness.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
This review is copyright 2011 by Jheff and used by his kind permission.

ANDY NYMAN
BULLETPROOF
Suggested Retail Price: $250
Available at:
http://www.miraclefactory.net

THE BLURB:
Edited by Todd Karr
Preface by David Berglas
Foreword by Derren Brown

"Nyman is my man. A new book full of his twisted and wonderful thinking will be a treasure for those who get the chance to look inside."
- Michael Weber

"Andy Nyman is a creative dynamo. When he starts thinking, the sparks start flying."
- Max Maven

"Andy's work is an inspiration! I am in awe of his ability to fuse elegant methods with dynamic plotlines."
- Jeff McBride

"Andy Nyman is one of the strongest creative forces in the magic world and one of my favorite performers. I highly recommend Bulletproof!"
- Larry Becker

Strictly limited edition of only 750 copies Each copy signed by Andy Nyman and hand-numbered 300 pages Over two dozen actual props included inside the book Over 40 high-impact, commercial Andy Nyman effects, some never before revealed Insightful essays on mentalism and magic theory More than 300 illustrations!
Bonus DVD behind the scenes of the series "Dead Set": "A Dream Come True," directed by and starring Andy Nyman Original audio interview CD, Andy Nyman on Acting and Magic Lavishly illustrated with clear explanatory photos Full-color section Deluxe leather binding

Andy Nyman is renowned worldwide for his ingeniously constructed mysteries and mind-blowing performances, along with his brilliant work with sensational mentalist Derren Brown.

Now he finally reveals some of his most preciously guarded secrets in Bulletproof, one of the most incredible mind-reading books ever published.

Bulletproof will teach you over three dozen of his reputation-makers, all practical, commercial, and diabolical, routined with Nyman's renowned psychological precision.

The book features ten essays on Andy's theories of magic and mentalism; his three lecture notes with revised effects and new photo illustrations; and updates and improvements on some of his best previously published effects, plus in-depth interviews, a preface by David Berglas, and foreword by Derren Brown.

Bulletproof includes a soon-to-be-legendary array of bonus items bound right into the book: over TWO DOZEN props ready to use in various Bulletproof routines: gaffed cards, postcards, signs, sheet music, a cue card, a magazine cover, and other unique items.

Also attached inside the book: a bonus CD of an interview with Nyman on mentalism and Andy's behind-the-scenes DVD of Dead Set, his BAFTA-nominated dramatic series.

Bulletproof is a strictly limited edition of only 750 copies, each signed by Andy Nyman and numbered. Printed on top-quality satin-finish paper, each copy is hardbound in luxurious leather with a full-color dustjacket and color section, with all bonuses bound into the book.

If you don't order Bulletproof now, you may long regret it!
Bulletproof is destined to sell out and become a much sought-after classic and collector's item.
All marketing and T.V. performance rights are reserved by Andy Nyman

CONTENTS
Introduction Andy Nyman
Preface David Berglas
Foreword Derren Brown
Publisher’s Note Todd Karr

Short, Punchy and Mental
1. Deep Red Prediction
Think-a-Film
2. Homicide
3. The Screw-Up Factor
4. Take the Money and Run
5. Magicians’ Graphology
6. No Way Out
7. Witness for the Prosecution
8. The Fargo Principle
9. The M.O.B. Billet Routine
10. Filmography

Visions of Nyman 1: A Double Life Anthony Owen (The Magic
Circular, 2000)

Essay 1: A New Word

Kosher Products
1. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
2. Charade
3. Mr. Saturday Night
4. Bonus Tips on Killer Elite
5. Con Air
6. Dead of Night

Visions of Nyman 2: A Wonderful Life Graham Hey
(MagicSeen, 2005)

Essay 2: A True Story

Fight Dirty!
1. The Dead Zone
2. Chair Swindle
3. Kick in the Head
4. Gladiator
5. The Wet Headline Scenario
6. The Danny Rose Cigar Trick
7. The Hidden

Visions of Nyman 3: Triple Threat Matthew Field (The
Magic Circular, 2008)

Essay 3: Golden Rules

Bulletproof Miracles
1. Atonement
2. Back to the Future
3. Big Reaction
4. The Burning
5. Centre Tear
6. The Gift
7. The Gourmet Coin Trick
8. The Greatest Showbiz Secret
9. The Heist
10. Identity
11. Mazel Tov Aura Test
12. Minted
13. Miracle Monte with Anthony Owen
Bonus Monte Routine
Andy's Monte
14. Peeping Tom
15. Pop Out
16. The Sven Demo
17. Time After Time
18. Windows

Essay 4: My David Copperfield Experience

The Stalking of Marie Ambrose: An After-Dinner Seance with Richard Wiseman

Essay 5: Perfect Espresso

Andy Nyman Credits

Bonus CD: Andy Nyman on Acting and Magic

Bonus DVD: A Dream Come True

MY COMMENTS:
If you've ever held a book published by Todd Karr (The Miracle Factory), you know that he puts out books that are elegant, beautiful, fascinating, instructive, and collectible. When Todd announced his intention to make this book, I knew instantly that this book would be no less in quality than the others he's published. I knew that this book would be nothing short of the best of the year when it was published.

Unfortunately, due to a variety of reasons, most of which were not under Todd Karr's control, the book was famously delayed. So much so - more than two years - that many purchasers were quite upset and understandably so. But now the book is out and Karr has delivered on his promise and more so.

So, was it worth the wait? Frankly, I cannot say. I've kept myself so busy that I really didn't care when it was coming out. So many other products came out to occupy my time that I knew that when it was released it'll be something to be joyous about.

And, make no mistake, this elegant, beautiful, fascinating, instructive, and collectible book has just been crowned as my Best Mentalism Productive of 2010. Besides it being gorgeous, it has something for everyone, the magician and the mentalist, amateurs and professionals, fans of Andy Nyman and those who will become fans of Andy Nyman's work.

For fans of Andy Nyman, all three sets of his lecture notes are here. But they are now handsomely explained and illustrated. Besides the notes there are more than a dozen new effects, plus some essays.

But that's not all. Just take a look at the blurb and see what else in this book. As a bonus, there are two DVDs which has an interview and performance footage.

As if that's not enough, there are props for over a dozen effects included in the book. The props are held in plastic sleeves and attached to the pages. Not many other books, especially mentalism books, have done that.

Okay, so are there are considerations? Sure, but they're minor. First, the blurb says that book is 300 pages. It's really 287. Second, the price is more than for the usual book of mentalism, but then this isn't your usual book on mentalism.

And that brings us to the final and most important consideration. This is a limited edition of 750 copies. At the time of this writing, over two-thirds have been sold.
I'm certain that by the end of 2011, if not much sooner, they will no longer be available. That's a shame, but that's the nature of limited editions.

Do I really need to say anything more? Didn't think so.
Hope you enjoy it and that you didn't try to order this too late, or you'll be kicking yourself for a very long time.

http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/bulletproof.html
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
939 Posts

Profile of andykean
Brilliant!
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
498 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
Aaarrrg!

Im still waiting mine to arrived

but "The Little Man" has arrived tho!.......at least this Little dude keep me busy until "Bullet Proof" arrive

The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bulletproof by Andy Nyman/ Review wanted (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL