The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2009 entrée: Jeff McBride » » Switching Gears » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

clamon86
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of clamon86
Its seems obvious that you are doing a lot all the time. How are you able to smoothly or not, switch gears from performing at a corporate show, to teaching, to lecturing, to more performing, to tv, and on and on.
Do you ever have any down time? Is the magician 24/7 premise, include that you are always avaiable to perform at the drop of a hat.
What else besides writing helps you digest and absorb everything, and do you ever get tired?

Sorry for the multiple questions, but they are related.
thanks
clamon
clamon86
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of clamon86
This one as well, lol.
Jeff McBride
View Profile
V.I.P.
Jeff McBride
246 Posts

Profile of Jeff McBride
Greetings clamon,

One of the things that helps keep a healthy and sane lifestyle is that I have chosen not to have a working television in my home. I do have a DVD player so I can watch my students' videos and videos of my shows and rehearsals, and the occasional movie or documentary.

I do stay in touch with the news via the internet and friends. How do I digest and absorb everything?
I have a daily practice that begins when I wake up. This practice includes various forms of mediation, exercise, magic practice and reading...yes, lots of reading.

Do I get tired? Yes of course. And I get rest when I can, where I can. When I travel, I have to catch up on sleep in small units. What I call "the installment method". I take naps and one of the tricks of my trade is that when I go anywhere on a trip I ALWAYS carry earplugs and a sleep mask. This allows me to get deep sleep while I am in route to my show. I have learned over the years how to take care of myself and am continually refining my daily practice and diet. It helps to have a great wife like Abbi to nurture our lifestyle.

Yours in a well balanced life,
Jeff
Let's keep in touch! I would love to send you my free, inspirational MUSE-LETTER. SIgn up here:
<BR>http://www.mcbridemagic.com/join/
<BR>
<BR>Creator of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxHcwrL6lZU]The McBride Magic and Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2009 entrée: Jeff McBride » » Switching Gears » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL