We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Birthday Party Dough Video!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicah123
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicah123
Does anyone recommend this video? Does he teach you cool tricks for kids shows? What else does he talk about?

Thanks!!!
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1172 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=17

Again....highly recommended...

Does he teach you tricks? No....but you get to see his angle on some of the more well known stock childrens routines.

What is very helpful is the business side of this tape.

Michael
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi magicah123:

I bought the video and recommend it highly. There is a lot to learn from Ken's performance. There are a number of good kid show videos where you're taught how to do a whole show out of a briefcase - how to use a few, small props and make them play big.

Ken's video is just the opposite. He shows how to put on a "big scale" show in a living room. I'm not kidding when I say that, including all gags, Ken must do 30 to 40 effects in his birthday show. It's quite impressive.

There is a very good question and answer segment following the show where Ken talks about some of the business aspects of kid shows - real sound advice.

I picked up more usable info on this tape than I have in a long time - and I buy most every kid show video that comes out. This one is at the top of my list.

Hope this helps you.

Ron Reid
Mr Phil
View Profile
Regular user
Tilton, New Hampshire
160 Posts

Profile of Mr Phil
<003-05-23 21:42, Ron Reid wrote:

Ken's video is just the opposite. He shows how to put on a "big scale" show in a living room. I'm not kidding when I say that, including all gags, Ken must do 30 to 40 effects in his birthday show. It's quite impressive.

[/quote]

Hello,
Does Ken go in to the logistics of carrying that large of a show? Packing and unpacking and the set up?

Thanks
Mr Phil
Mr. Phil & Co. Quality Family Entertainment, Guaranteed! (603) 286-3029 WWW.mrphilandco.com Snail Mail to: P.O. Box 31 Tilton, NH 03276
Fabius
View Profile
New user
Germany
79 Posts

Profile of Fabius
I love this video, too!
The music in the show is perfect and makes a great atmosphere.

A QUESTION:
Scott performs a "picture frame" with a b/w picture. He takes the picture and leaves the frame and (oooh) it is b/w. He has forgotten the magic wand! The pictures enters the frame again, wand, and when he takes the pictures it is coloured!
I KNOW this is an old trick - but where can I purchase it? Ken sells it directly, but I love big traders in USA (it is easier to send it to germany for them).
WHERE CAN I FIND THIS TRICK?

Marc
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1868 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Thanks guys for you nice comments about my tape. Mr Phil I don't really talk about carrying in and out with the gear. However, the show does appear to be BIG but really only two trips into a house and set up in 8 mins. The show plays big because I use music which is a HUGE part of my show. I float the BD child which I use the flying carpet.

My theory is if I can give the parent more than they can imagine then I am ahead of the rest. Most guys bring in one case and are set up the moment they open the case. Which if that works for them GREAT. But for me I want to stand out more and make their living room like a theater.

Thanks again!
Ken Scott

http://www.kenscottmagic.com
magicah123
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicah123
Mr. Scott, I would like to know what kind of business aspects do you talk about on this video????? Do you explain any of the tricks????

thanks AH
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1868 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Magicah123 you can call me Ken. No I don't explain any of the tricks with the exception of the appearing of a bunny rabbit. The tape was not designed to teach tricks but rather show how one can make a great living do birthday parties. The business side of the tape we talk about how to get booked, selling other things such as party bags etc. Using music in your show.

I hope this helps.
Ken
Mr Phil
View Profile
Regular user
Tilton, New Hampshire
160 Posts

Profile of Mr Phil
Hello Folks,
I got this tape last week. Here is my review.....

Ken Scott's tape is a winner. His aproach is to share with us his birthday party show. This is a pro at work. He does not hold much of anything back. You wont learn any new effects, but you will get some new ideas for your own birthday shows. Watch how he treats the Birthday Girl as the true star of the show. I feel that any other kids watching this show would want that level of attention and would ask for his show. I borrowed a few ideas to incorportae in to my own shows right away. Keep your eyes on his use of music as a vitial element of the show. He has an opening with his sign and the birthday girl that is a subtle yet effective "shameless plug" for his name.

Following the show segment is Ken talking with the producer of the tape series about the business of birthday shows. This is pretty standard stuff but would be a big help to a newer performer. It is never bad to hear this stuff again. This is followed by a segment on his work with his bunny. One of my personal favorites is his version of the Instant Magician. This seams to be a signature piece of his. Watch how well he cues the helper.

I would reccomend this tape for anyone wanting to inprove their birthday shows.

Mr Phil
Mr. Phil & Co. Quality Family Entertainment, Guaranteed! (603) 286-3029 WWW.mrphilandco.com Snail Mail to: P.O. Box 31 Tilton, NH 03276
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1868 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Mr Phil

Thanks so much. I glad you enjoyed the tape.

Here is something for everyone the next 10 people who send a private message to me will receive my birthday lecture notes for FREE, but only the first 10 people that private email me.

Thanks again.
Ken Scott
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I have this video and it changed they way I did Children's shows. It's the best value on the market-GET THIS TAPE!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Ken,

Darn...I already have your excellent notes! They are also great along with the video, however, neither can top your live lecture which I saw at the Kidabra Conference.

I am going to make it there again this year! It is a worthy conference and the only one focused only on kids.

See you there,
Den
Dennis Michael
magicah123
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicah123
does he talk a lot about the business aspects of kids shows? what does he discuss?

thanks adam
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Get the video!!! You wont' be dissapointed. He gives you a blue print to start doing shows and making money!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
ralphdean
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern Ca
302 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
Good video. It is good to see different children's performers do shows. His opening with the PA system is worth the price. Watch how the kids want to be the next helper.
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
445 Posts

Profile of robvh
Any reviews on Ken's sequel "Making the Birthday Party Dough 2"?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Birthday Party Dough Video!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL