The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Richard Turner : Casino Shuffle RRSRC (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16253 Posts

Profile of tommy
Richard Turner demonstrates one of his most deceptive full deck controls the RRSRC: riffle, riffle, strip, riffle, cut false shuffle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMVbiLbXLRk


Cool! But from what DVD is this or is it from a lecture or something else?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
popcalinda
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of popcalinda
I think it is from his Richard Turner Science of Shuffling and Stacking
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16253 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thanks. I need to get some new stuff. I have not got anything new for ages, I just got fed up one day of buying everything in sight.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Yes, it is "science of shuffling and..."
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!



"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Kimura
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of Kimura
Quote:
On 2009-05-29 10:07, tommy wrote:
Thanks. I need to get some new stuff. I have not got anything new for ages, I just got fed up one day of buying everything in sight.


My bank balance is praying for the day this happens to me. But yea those are some cool shuffles. If I recall there is a crazy longitudinal one-handed shuffle (false) that blew my socks off. Not too great at the table but for pure skill, awesome.
SlipperyPete
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of SlipperyPete
Holy Crap!!!
SlipperyPete
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of SlipperyPete
Is that a table faro shuffle he is doing there?

I tried to do it the way he did it, and the first time I did it face up, imagine my surprise I got a perfect faro shuffle out it. *** near wet my pants! HAHAHA
Gotta be a nasty case of beginner's luck!!!
I was fiddling around with for like an hour, I got several perfect weaves out it.

Strange I could only do it with cards facing up, not down. Is the way the deck is cut has something to with it?
Maitre D
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Maitre D
Yes.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1948 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2010-01-03 01:43, SlipperyPete wrote:
Is that a table faro shuffle he is doing there?

I tried to do it the way he did it, and the first time I did it face up, imagine my surprise I got a perfect faro shuffle out it. *** near wet my pants! HAHAHA
Gotta be a nasty case of beginner's luck!!!
I was fiddling around with for like an hour, I got several perfect weaves out it.

Strange I could only do it with cards facing up, not down. Is the way the deck is cut has something to with it?

if you practice enough, the cut shouldnt matter... its all feel
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1259 Posts

Profile of splice
Quote:
On 2010-01-03 05:57, iamslow wrote:

if you practice enough, the cut shouldnt matter... its all feel


The cut really does matter. It's not impossible to faro when going against the cut, but it is definitely harder.

And in this case I doubt the faro actually matters, except perhaps for a smoother bridge.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3115 Posts

Profile of AMcD
I don't find the video that much deceptive. The faros are just for the show here, there is no point to faro cards to do a blind shuffle. And I don't like the cut he uses (well, it's not even a cut!). I had a quick look, but it's just a matter of push-thrus no?

I really appreciate Mr Turner, but he can do far better than what is shown here. Far better! His seconds are just unbelievable for instance. Nice bottom deal too.
Howard Hamburg
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Howard Hamburg
Go to youtube put in brick tilley look out, cleveland to see some interesting footage of a cheat.what is he doing?
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Right, Howard.

Look, I appreciate you posting the clip. I'm letting it load right now and will watch it as soon as I finish this post.

But posting in three different threads constitutes spamming, and spamming a forum doesn't make friends very quickly. So slow down, maybe introduce yourself or something, and try to restrain yourself from posting " brick tilley look out, cleveland" in yet another thread. OK? Pretty please?
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Well now, I finished watching the video. It took me a bit longer than 10 minutes because I had to watch the Barbara Walters interview with Lady Gaga first.

The old film was great fun, and I enjoyed it.

But the man handles cards like a magician. That's not a criticism, of course, since this is the Magic Café.

His Zarrow is...well, a Zarrow. I like Zarrows, myself, but I would never do a gambling demonstration with one.

He constantly fiddles with his grip. That's OK for a magician, but at a real card table I would be very unhappy if the dealer were constantly fiddling with his grip.

His center deal, however, is the real low point. If anyone knows anything about a center deal, they can actually SEE him do it in this film.

At least that means he isn't faking the center. He really can do it. He just can't do it invisibly.

But the film was great fun, Howard, and I appreciate your bringing it to our attention. Thanks!
Howard Hamburg
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Howard Hamburg
Quote:
On 2010-02-15 02:57, stoneunhinged wrote:
Well now, I finished watching the video. It took me a bit longer than 10 minutes because I had to watch the Barbara Walters interview with Lady Gaga first.

The old film was great fun, and I enjoyed it.

But the man handles cards like a magician. That's not a criticism, of course, since this is the Magic Café

His Zarrow is...well, a Zarrow. I like Zarrows, myself, but I would never do a gambling demonstration with one....this is not a zarrow it is the shank shuffle.i learned it from marlo himself.i did the illustrations for his manuscript.seeing his words and sketches in pencil was the thrill of a lifetime.his drawing of the weave was upsidedown.i called him on it.he sed,"leave it as it is."so he put a bug in the writeup so dunks would get confused.i never told this around.it has stood me for thousands of hours behind a 21 table,no beefs.if they're drinking you can murder them.thanks for your kind comments.a few fellas savaged the film.it's just meant to entertain.

He constantly fiddles with his grip. That's OK for a magician, but at a real card table I would be very unhappy if the dealer were constantly fiddling with his grip....the lights were so hot,3rd floor n orleans in the summer.only one take,film was expensive.we had no dough.

His center deal, however, is the real low point. If anyone knows anything about a center deal, they can actually SEE him do it in this film....this is filler.the first one felt bad at the time so I repeated it.we couldn't cut the bad one out,we wanted to keep the edits down.

At least that means he isn't faking the center. He really can do it. He just can't do it invisibly....the angle is poor,too,no shade.i was fretting/sweating over everything as we were rolling.the "table"is a piece of green cardboard from woolworth's.we put a glitch in the stud sequence.the dealers hand is a flush for openers,the ace swap messes it up.the player has 2 pair at the end,he wins but we were seeing if anybody was paying attention.very few called us on it.people just don't pay attention.replays cheapen the power of anything.

But the film was great fun, Howard, and I appreciate your bringing it to our attention. Thanks!...i made the film,not howard,it cost $100 in 1974,shot on 16 mm stock.i saturated the Café as an experiment to test the power of suggestion,to see if I could create a buzz.i have a letter from chuck smith admitting that he used the 5 card switch in the service to trim soldiers.everything else is filler,entertainment.the film was for a lecture tour I did in 1975.it was well recieved then.i was 28,a young fool.i'm 63 now and a bit better at this sort of thing.now I deal 21 w/a bubble peek and and blisters,deck flop and a leaf cut that beats the cut.live and learn.thanx for not slamming me around.you were a gentleman.brick
cardshark2k9
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of cardshark2k9
"saturated the Café as an experiment to test the power of suggestion"? Interesting thing to call spamming. Wonder what journal will feature your fantastic research.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2010-04-13 23:19, cardshark2k9 wrote:
"saturated the Café as an experiment to test the power of suggestion"? Interesting thing to call spamming. Wonder what journal will feature your fantastic research.


who said "saturated the Café..."? when?
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!



"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Kimura
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of Kimura
Read above K, It's in Howard's quote.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Kevin, since Howard didn't bother to spend enough time here to learn how to use the quote function correctly, his own comment is part of the bottom of my own quoted post. Here is Howard's personal text:

Quote:
Thanks!...i made the film,not howard,it cost $100 in 1974,shot on 16 mm stock.i saturated the Café as an experiment to test the power of suggestion,to see if I could create a buzz.i have a letter from chuck smith admitting that he used the 5 card switch in the service to trim soldiers.everything else is filler,entertainment.the film was for a lecture tour I did in 1975.it was well recieved then.i was 28,a young fool.i'm 63 now and a bit better at this sort of thing.now I deal 21 w/a bubble peek and and blisters,deck flop and a leaf cut that beats the cut.live and learn.thanx for not slamming me around.you were a gentleman.brick


It's a very peculiar message, since "Howard Hamburg" says, "i made the film, not howard...."

While I resented the spamming, at the very least there was a bit of fun involved with some weird guy showing up with his little film. It made for a good diversion.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Ok, I get it now. I think....
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!



"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Richard Turner : Casino Shuffle RRSRC (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL